Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

Hi Tom,

A couple of questions on the specs. In the YouTube CLR video, it was mentioned that the CLR would come with more detailed specs than we are used to for this type of product. Will there be a more in depth data document at some point?

For example, if I were to use the CLR for bass, the low E string would have a fundamental at 41Hz ( 4 string bass), you quote frequency response from 70Hz, will we see some data down at this 40 Hz level? Also, for the dispersion numbers, your specs quote dispersion for frequencies above 650 Hz, but the fundamental frequency of the 1st string (high e) at the 12th fret is 659 Hz. Since most of the fundamentals on the guitar are below 659Hz, aren't dispersion numbers below 650Hz important? - maybe something I don't understand here about dispersion data.

Finally will the product provide cabling to connect from the CLR to the Axe. If not, is there a recommendation?

Thanks ...

Hi Tom,

A couple of questions on the specs. In the YouTube CLR video, it was mentioned that the CLR would come with more detailed specs than we are used to for this type of product. Will there be a more in depth data document at some point?

For example, if I were to use the CLR for bass, the low E string would have a fundamental at 41Hz ( 4 string bass), you quote frequency response from 70Hz, will we see some data down at this 40 Hz level? Also, for the dispersion numbers, your specs quote dispersion for frequencies above 650 Hz, but the fundamental frequency of the 1st string (high e) at the 12th fret is 659 Hz. Since most of the fundamentals on the guitar are below 659Hz, aren't dispersion numbers below 650Hz important? - maybe something I don't understand here about dispersion data.

Finally will the product provide cabling to connect from the CLR to the Axe. If not, is there a recommendation?

Thanks ...
Hi Quark,

With the specs we've just published, Atomic has already produced a more detailed spec than is available for most products of this type. We will, however, be providing even more detailed data prior to making the product officially available for purchase. This will include more information about dispersion characteristics.

The CLR Series units do not include any cabling to hook up to other devices. There are many suitable brands of cable to choose from that can vary from one place to another. I don't have a recommendation for you on that. Atomic does utilize 1/4"/XLR combo jacks for the input of the active versions and 1/4"/Speakon jacks for the connectors on the passive versions so their are more options to suit a variety or scenarios and personal preference.

-TK

The Axe is wider than the CAB :S
That'll be weird..

Sorry for quoting myself.

Am I being too picky?
Doesn't this bother anyone? Just a little bit?

AXECLR.png

Am I being too picky?

AXECLR.png

I'm not going to put my rack on top of the CLR, so it does not bother me. (I'm getting the wedge so that statement is pretty obvious, but I probably wouldn't be putting my rack on top of the cab version either). I like that the CLR is small.

Am I being too picky?

AXECLR.png

It also puts the Axe too low down to the ground IMO. What are you gonna do, lay down on your stomach on stage to look at the LCD? :)

I still sometimes use my 4x12.. lots of room and puts the rack up at a good shelf height. :) With a CLR I'd place the rack elsewhere. But then again, I'd probably buy the wedge so the drivers fire upward at my head instead of the back of my ankles.

I think the CLR's size is perfect as a portable speaker and monitor. However, I would like the option of using it as a backline with a traditional look, width, and height. I am considering having someone build a lightweight stand/shell that looks like a 4x12 or 4x10 cab. The CLR would load into from the rear, sit toward the top, and be hidden from view.

The use of the pole mount would gain you the elevation needed to get it off the ground. It might not look traditional but an easy fix non the less. A custom dual mount "On Stage" would be cool then one could put the Axe on the top of a pair of CLR's.

I realy realy don't get the excitement. Its is not rocket science or bringing a man to the moon. For god sake,its just a wooden box with an ancient Celestion driver a Class D hypex amp and some wires. And it is made in f&@€?ing China. Please guys stay a bit real will ya and concentrate on your playing and gigging a bit more!

What ever gets you there..
Gets you there

thinking of going back to my 2X12 EVM... hmmm
miss that mojo
but man the QSC's got that crisp chorused cleans that just ooooz sparkle

I realy realy don't get the excitement. Its is not rocket science or bringing a man to the moon. For god sake,its just a wooden box with an ancient Celestion driver a Class D hypex amp and some wires. And it is made in f&@€?ing China. Please guys stay a bit real will ya and concentrate on your playing and gigging a bit more!

A level of performance not achieved by any other product at this price range must be rocket science or we would have seen it before? (yet to be proven of course)

Back
Top Bottom