Asking for your TRUTH

I think the Dummy cab's look rad! Love it!

Judas Priest used to tour with an insane dummy cab stage. Like 20 ft tall stacks of fake Marshall cabs covering the entire backdrop.

IIRC it opened up in the middle or somewhere and Halford would ride out on a Harley Chopper when the show started.

there's a special point with volume.. a sort of sweet spot..
too quiet and everything is sterile..
too loud and it's oppressive and difficult to hear pitch even when you're chugging away on the same note for several bars [cos it kinda pitch shifts up and down]
makes life for the vocals really tough..
the sweet spot though is amazing..
you have power and thickness, but you can also hear absolutely everything in detail..
the balance between the different instruments is just perfect and the volume glues the whole band together..
it's a wonderful feeling..
there was a place we've played in Rome on several tours that just nailed this every time..
we always really look forward to playing there

I wouldn't spend money on them but hell yes I'd rock some dummy cabs in my music room if somebody gave them to me for free! They look awesome.

Have you found your truth yet?

:D :D :D
The OP has made four posts since joining the forum: he made the OP in this thread, he made another post here to say he was too busy to respond. And he made two posts in another thread trying to sell a Matrix power amp. I'm still not convinced that he's actually seeking any "TRUTH."

Reactions: yek
Axe Fx 2 : $2600
UE In-Ears : $1200
Trusted soundguy able to completely control sound of band with "0" stage volume making your guitar tone phenominal : Priceless

Though I do miss the days of full marshall stack behind me blasting away. I am very aware of the fact that my guitar tone, heard by the audiences i play to every weekend, is 1000 times better then it ever was. With great in-ears, and a killer stereo reverb mix, I also can enjoy my guitar tone on stage for inspiring playing.

Its different then with a live amp on stage. But better, and more professional.

I just think its time for us to start thinking of guitar and guitar tone from a different perspective then the statis quo of the last 50 years. Its an outdated, limited approach.

Last edited:
The OP has made four posts since joining the forum: he made the OP in this thread, he made another post here to say he was too busy to respond. And he made two posts in another thread trying to sell a Matrix power amp. I'm still not convinced that he's actually seeking any "TRUTH."

It is hilarious to read your comments "Rex" about me and my post, if it makes you happy to come down on me that's ok, it is just a forum here, you can comment what ever you like.

For me actually , I found my way with the axe fx and I am very happy with it. What I have done is basically plugged the axe to my mark v return and to my marshall 4x12 cab, and BAMM I was there, exactly the tone and feel I was looking for , amp in the room, also asked my wife to help me do a blind test to see if I can fool myself which one is which, and I did got fooled by this amazing product, so I like to thank all the GOOD guys here trying to help me, also to thank you FRACTEL guys for such awesome product,

And for you "REXI" I did put my matrix gt1000fx for sale , because I found a better solution, that's why I was asking YOUR truth, every one who thinks he has it and found it about the axe, hope this post was helpful to you all,

Cheers ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

obviously "0" is a small exaggeration. But Most Soundmen will consider stage volume to be outward pointing amps and monitor wedges. Without any of that, the drummer doesn't battle for volume and has a very small dB footprint. And what DOES bleed out into the audience works well as a room reverb effect.

Trust me, one might be rather shocked how good a band can sound with extremely low stage volume. ZZ-top is apparently the poster child for this.

What does your drummer use? Cushioned chairs and chopsticks? :))))

Sorry, couldn't resist... :)))

you-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator-you-want-the-truth-you-can-t-handle-the-truth-9789dd-510x320.jpg

:)

obviously "0" is a small exaggeration. But Most Soundmen will consider stage volume to be outward pointing amps and monitor wedges. Without any of that, the drummer doesn't battle for volume and has a very small dB footprint. And what DOES bleed out into the audience works well as a room reverb effect.

Trust me, one might be rather shocked how good a band can sound with extremely low stage volume. ZZ-top is apparently the poster child for this.

ZZ Top sounds amazing now and they are basically zero stage volume.

Metallica has been so pleased with the results of their zero stage volume tests that they want to order 20 Axe-Fx IIs to replace the amps in their touring rigs.

:) obviously "0" is a small exaggeration. But Most Soundmen will consider stage volume to be outward pointing amps and monitor wedges. Without any of that, the drummer doesn't battle for volume and has a very small dB footprint. And what DOES bleed out into the audience works well as a room reverb effect. Trust me, one might be rather shocked how good a band can sound with extremely low stage volume. ZZ-top is apparently the poster child for this.

I once played in a ZZ Top cover band and toured half of Europe (which was great fun I must say until a Czech band did the same for 1/4 of our price...) and our stage volume was only bearable with ear plugs... But the Whomp!!! in your stomach when playing LaGrange was something I will never forget. Great times.

REXI it's Hilarious to see your comments, me just having fun with my axe, totally love it, found my truth to be connected to the return in my mark v into 4x12 marshall cab , sounds awesome "in the room", sorry I don't have time to read all your comments, I just on my axe most of my free time :) , thanks FRACTEL. For an awesome product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REXI it's Hilarious to see your comments, me just having fun with my axe, totally love it, found my truth to be connected to the return in my mark v into 4x12 marshall cab , sounds awesome "in the room", sorry I don't have time to read all your comments, I just on my axe most of my free time :) , thanks FRACTEL. For an awesome product.

Back
Top Bottom