Ask Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiSage

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we pose questions to Cliff about himself, and not necessarily AxeFX tech support related things. Cliff/Mods, if this sort of thread is unwanted, feel free to delete / move / lock / whatever-you-like, I won't be offended.

I'll go first:

Cliff, I myself am a huge Rush fan, and I read in an interview with you that you're also huge Rush fan. And Alex Lifeson, guitar player for Rush, is a known AxeFX user. How does it feel to have enormous respect for an artist, and then create a tool that the artist ends up relying on? I mean, you're like the guy that designed Picasso's paint brushes. Or rather, you made a new paint brush that did everything Pablo's old paint brushes did, but better and easier.

Forming your own successful company after quitting a job that gave you the finger has to be mighty sweet. I imagine that the day he quit, he would have been hard-pressed to imagine Alex endorsing his future creation. Quitting a job is scary and stressful. The end result must provide immense personal satisfaction, not to mention the return middle finger to the industry that fucked him over.

I imagine that the day he quit, he would have been hard-pressed to imagine Alex endorsing his future creation. Quitting a job is scary and stressful.
I like to think that's the kind of success Cliff was aiming from Day 1, actually.

Okay I'll toss one out the for Cliff,

Cliff can you tell us is there any amp not in the Axe Fx that you really would like to add and what is it about that amp that makes it special to you?

I've toiled since the first Axe-fest to get the tone and feel of "Cliff's Boogie".
Can you tell us what was the inspiration for this incredible jam?

If you could be any kind of amphibian that you wanted to be, what would you choose?

While I'm flattered about this thread I really don't like divulging much about my personal life. Too many creepy people out there nowadays and other people who like to twist anything I say and use it against us (i.e. The Gear Page). The whole social aspect of social media gives me the willies.

While I'm flattered about this thread I really don't like divulging much about my personal life. Too many creepy people out there nowadays and other people who like to twist anything I say and use it against us (i.e. The Gear Page). The whole social aspect of social media gives me the willies.
So I read on the Fractal forum that Cliff said he is an anti-social, introverted hermit.

;)

Sorry... Couldn't resist. Totally understand...

Thanks for participating as actively as you do. I'm really glad that you, @Admin M@ and the rest of the crew didn't abandon the forum after that debacle with that nut job!

So I read on the Fractal forum that Cliff said he is an anti-social, introverted hermit.

;)

Sorry... Couldn't resist. Totally understand...

Thanks for participating as actively as you do. I'm really glad that you, @Admin M@ and the rest of the crew didn't abandon the forum after that debacle with that nut job!

Still pretty new here, what is this referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom