Are the effect TYPES within each BLOCK different code or just presets basically ?

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Sorry if this is a bit of a basic or silly question, but I've not really been able to find the answer.

Are the different type settings within a block, say for chorus, all just different tweaks of common parameters to sound close to the given pedal, or, do they employ some different and specific code for that given model ?

In other words, is, say the Japanese CE-2 chorus, setting a different chorus model than the analog chorus, or are they just different tweaks of the exact same parameters and I could actually pick the analog chorus type, and tweak it to sound exactly the same as the CE-2 type.

Reason I ask is when I'm working on trying to make some of my own patches, I don't know if its important to start with an effect type setting closer to what I'm going after, or if it doesn't matter and all those types really are is simply a quick and easy way to get within the ballpark of popular pedals

A mix of both. There are different algorithms selected and different settings. There are fewer algorithms than types.

Whoooow, i ever thought, these are just "parameter presets". How many babys has Cliff right now inclusive his first three (std, ultra, ii) ?;) Four?

I'd wondered about this but had neglected to ask. I guess it couldn't matter in the sense of 'just using your ear', especially if you're unfamilar with the real things.

A mix of both. There are different algorithms selected and different settings. There are fewer algorithms than types.

I seee. Somehow this doesn't surprise me - I'm guessing some have similar circuits, as well as producing the same kind of signal content.

Yes, but the algorithms can be selected regardless of the type. So you could select a analog delay type then set the algorithm to tape delay. For most everything the original poster was taking about, you could recreate the settings and algorithms regardless of the type your set (since AFAIK the algorithms are selectable regardless of the type selected).

Back
Top Bottom