Anyone using the Axe in church worship?

We did carols too. And for reference heres a normal service as well.

Thank you so much for posting those. It was a really blessing to me to see believers in Australia, praising and worshipping Jesus. Hey, I watched both videos. I really like that song, I Surrender, which starts at about 11:50 in the normal service archive video. I loved your tones and playing - all the way through that tune.

Thanks again and God Bless.

Here's another one. You know, what we have in common is that we need the Axe FX or any good modeler to produce believable low-gain amp simulations. It seems when you review gear of this nature, they will compare how hellish the high gain crunch sounds. It is possible to saturate a tube amp and compress it so much that is sounds fake, and transitorish. However, I have always felt the true test of good simulation, is how well it pulls off a clean or gritty sound. Is it spongy/woody and all that stuff.

I haven't messed with the advanced amp parameters yet, but that is where I want to go next, for enhance the believability and responsiveness on low-gain amp models in presets I program for church.

10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord) - Matt Redman Cover - Bless The Lord Oh My Soul - YouTube

Hey guys, just dropping in to say awesome forum! I will be buying an Axe Fx 2 tomorrow and it is cool to see how well it is working for other Churches. I am a long time guitarist (always been a big tube fan) and I am a sound engineer at our church. Up until I ran across the Axe, you couldn't pry a good tube amp from my hands with a crowbar. Now I have hope.... Though I have yet to play it, this seems perfect not only for the worship team, but for recording as well. Loving the options with the Axe. Just hope it is a cool as I think it will be ;).
Blessings!

I use a Standard in a worship band also. Bought it new 2 years ago. Using a Behringer FCB1010 (remote pedal/button controller) on the floor, laptop in the MIDI chain to administrate settings and a volume pedal.
I was using a Digitech modler.
I run L/R outs to the FOH, the other L/R outs to a pair of RCF 10 SMA powered floor monitors. I run these things pretty hot. I get a lot of sustain and feedback as needed. The whole band uses IEM's also.
It's all in one box. Everything I need to be able to do cover popular worship material with ease.
I'll never go back, never regretted my decision to buy the Standard.

I am looking forward to playing in church for the first time with the Axe Fx II this week but I have so many questions on how to hook it up to our sound system. Unfortunately our sound guy rotates every week and none of them seem to have a great understanding on how to run sound. Should be interesting! Anyone make a patch for God is Able by chance?

I used a Standard, then an Ultra and now an Axe II for playing worship. Direct FOH mono. Aviom in ear. One bud in and one ear open to the house. After seeing/hearing my rig the other two guitar players on our worship team have purchased an Axe II.
We have a paid professional mix engineer. He loves the Axe II.....it is set and forget for him.

I use it all the time. Started with an Ultra (still have it) and now use the FX-II and MFC-101. It is the best gear I ever bought. Worship service requires a lot of different sounds to capture the songs. Fractal is always just what I need. I am greatly blessed to be able to play Fractal.

i use an Axe2, MFC101 and two Boss FBV500's in 5 worship services a week. 3 adult and 2 student. i'm using the Badger 30 and the Lovepedal Eternity sim for cleanish to mid gain, the Marsha HBE and for higher gain stuff. i've never, ever felt the need for external, fx, though....

Great job, awesome video! ^^^^^ You have a great worship band there. One of these days I will have to drive up, pay your church a visit and watch you live my friend.

Here is one I just put together for our little church. The sound was one take live, a quick mixdown and slightly tweaked. The video was shot in 4 takes. The guy with the Strat is playing my guitar through my new Axe FX 2. I am on a camera and recording audio. Still working out the right tones for the Axe and will be for a long time, I'm sure lol. There was a problem with the bass and some other issues but here it is:

https://vimeo.com/59798898

Blessings!

Rod could not access your video, Dwight this tone is good -what amp? Can you describe your pre set? BTY I use the AXE II at Chapel in the pine in Twain Hart Ca.

Great job, awesome video! ^^^^^ You have a great worship band there. One of these days I will have to drive up, pay your church a visit and watch you live my friend.

Here is one I just put together for our little church. The sound was one take live, a quick mixdown and slightly tweaked. The video was shot in 4 takes. The guy with the Strat is playing my guitar through my new Axe FX 2. I am on a camera and recording audio. Still working out the right tones for the Axe and will be for a long time, I'm sure lol. There was a problem with the bass and some other issues but here it is:

https://vimeo.com/59798898

Blessings!

Rod could not access your video

Well, that's strange. But I was attempting to post a video called "RUNNIN' by Hillsong"

Just try to go to my YouTube page, and select the video. I have an AXE II, but on this song for the opening riff, and the first pre-chorus, I have my TC Gmaj2 providing an octave effect, and there is a little Octoverb from the Line6 M13 in there too.

rodzimguitar68 - YouTube

i'm using the Badger 30

I will have to check that out. I think the thing I battle continuously, is leaving my 80's roots behind, and anything that sounds like a Marshall JCM 800. I need to focus on the cleaner side of things. I have grown fond of the DrZ amps in the Axe 2. But I will be sure to check out the Badger 30, since you are getting good results for Praise Band, with it. Thanks!

Dwight this tone is good -what amp? Can you describe your pre set?

Thanks craginshred. It was the Friedman BE with pretty much the stock settings. I just killed all effects but a small bit of delay, the wah and some verb. I hadn't had time to get into it much yet and just set him up with some simple/quick presets.

Last edited:
Okay, my guitar was not in this mix too much, but what you have is me playing through my Fractal rig, a kid playing a Tele through a POD X3, and the worship leader singing, playing a Tele and through a real tube amp, Orange Tiny Terror. I am cranked through the house mains, but my aux sends to this recording were turned down. Since we record straight to a 2-track for service archives (and the web cast audio), we are stuck with the mix...and any mistakes we commit.

My Reward - Kristian Standfill cover 1-20-13 - YouTube

I like how the lead sound at 1:08 came out.

Back
Top Bottom