Anyone using Red Sound FRFRs?

I have a pair of Elis.8 and love them. I used to used Atomics but they were way too heavy for me.
The Elis are small but can be very loud, I use them live as well and they can cope with drums easily.

I bought the Elis.8 stereo pair. They get delivered today. Marco was a pretty solid deciding factor. Just curious about the tonal differences between the 8s and 10s. Seems like the 10s are a bit louder, but also a bit more bass heavy. I am just hoping the 8s are loud enough to play with a heavy handed drummer. I will find out for sure this weekend.

Glad to have a large collection of users to ask this question of:

Where do you all set the volume on the Elis.8 (or MF.10) and the Axe itself? I'm pretty amazed by the output of these things, and if I keep them up around where the manual suggests I have to keep the Axe output pretty low on the front panel dial.

It's working for me so I probably shouldn't mess with it, but it does feel weird using such a small portion of the range of my output knob...

Glad to have a large collection of users to ask this question of:

Where do you all set the volume on the Elis.8 (or MF.10) and the Axe itself? I'm pretty amazed by the output of these things, and if I keep them up around where the manual suggests I have to keep the Axe output pretty low on the front panel dial.

It's working for me so I probably shouldn't mess with it, but it does feel weird using such a small portion of the range of my output knob...
Pair of EV PXM-12MPs here, Axe output knob at 8-10 o'clock or so, works great.

Where do you all set the volume on the Elis.8 (or MF.10) and the Axe itself?... It's working for me so I probably shouldn't mess with it, but it does feel weird using such a small portion of the range of my output knob...
So turn down your speaker, and turn up your Axe. Then try to find something wrong with how it sounds. :)

For home use I did not like it and mainly use my adam monitors. But the MF10 (stereo setup) was impressive and way better then the headrush 108. I tried different frfr speakers in the low to medium budget range. But after seeing the reviews I bought the MF10 and I was really impressed by the sound.

Setting: axe fx 3 MK2 Turbo -> no clipping, but levelled volume on output to be max 3 db in the read. But only on heavy hits or solo or all things on. The volume of output of the axe fx was set to 100% (so on 11) and my MF10 on 5 to 6. With a bassplayer this was more then loud enough. Have not tried it on 8 or 10 yet ;)

MF10 has really nice sound when volume kicks in. Open, Dynamic, Clearity. And it looks like colouring less then the headrush.

My first impressions are really good. I have had to start with fresh presets, but this is not a bad thing. With my Headrush frfr 12s, I found myself having trouble dialing out the flub, while maintaining a thick tone. I also had trouble dialing out harsh highs, while still maintaining a nice sheen on top. Right off the bat, the Elis.8s seem to have that already. I don't have to do the doctoring for those issues. I guess they are more "flat". The elusive guitar midrange is just there like I'd missed. I have the Elis.8s on output 1 and Headrush frfr12s on output 2 with a switch set up to flip back and forth. I will most likely get another pair of E.8s as a backup, or maybe a pair of MF10s or CLRs. The tone is good, now to see how they hold up this weekend to a band mix and loud drummer in a small pub gig on Friday and big theatre on Saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom