Studio Slips gig bags for Red Sound ELIS.8 bundle

A few weeks ago I asked Studio Slips to design some gig bags for the REDSOUND ELIS.8 speaker bundle.

They came in this morning and are just right.
  • The clamshell bag has a 1000 Denier nylon canvas shell so it'll last.
  • They have quilted double padding so it doesn't pack down or shift.
  • There are reinforced top handle openings to make it easy to reach the cabinet's handle. The cabinet with the bag on it is 25.8 lbs, which was approaching the limit for a regular handle. The ELIS.8 handle is on the top of the cabinet and is comfortable, so we went with an opening for easy access to it.
  • There is a pocket on the left side of one bag and on the right on the other so they can nestle together as compactly as possible. Studio Slips could put the pocket on the front or back, but I was concerned about inadvertently pushing against the grill or the control panel on the back. I can put my dual XLR cables, the interconnect cable from the powered cab to the unpowered, and a medium and long A/C cords in them with a little room to spare.
  • There's a leather strip on the bottom of the bag for increased wear resistance.
I also ordered their shoulder straps which are capable of up to 70 lbs.

Between these bags, and the one we put together to carry the FM3+FC6, I've got a compact set of three bags that will allow me to carry my guitar, FM3+FC6 and the speakers in one load.

Cooool!

IMG_0399.pngIMG_0401.pngIMG_0400.pngIMG_0402.pngIMG_0404.pngIMG_0406.pngIMG_0405.pngIMG_0408.png

Last edited:
Very nice.

I have ordered studio clips covers for pretty much every amp and cab I have had for the last 10 years. Always top quality service and products.

I need to see if they have the dimensions for the EV PXM I just got.

Those look great!

Studio slips makes amazing stuff! One thing I have learned over the years from ordering from them and Susan, the owner will agree, double padding is really not needed. The single padding is more then adequate. Also, don't pad the pocket unless you are carrying something delicate or heavy in there.

Back
Top Bottom