Anyone own a Ibanez Prestige S6521Q?

I've bought a new S6521Q at around 1660$ a month ago. At first, I wanted to buy Gibson Les Paul 60's Standard. I've never played les paul before, so when I got it in my hands it turned out to be too heavy for me and the neck wasn't as thin as I would like. The classic and modern were a little bit lighter, but still not a as comfortable as I want. Before that I've played Fender Strat MIM, PRS SE Custom 24, Fender Strat Jeff Beck Custom Shop, Fender Strat Elite HSS (I have it now). So, you can say I'm a fender guy. And after I got Ibanez S6521Q I didn't feel any discomfort at all, it was like a played this guitar before a long time. I only changed the string to 9-46. Adjusting truss rod was an easy task even though I've never done it before. As regards to wireless, I have boss wl-20 and it fits a little bit tight, but fits.View attachment 100802

Great choice!

I had the same experience with Les-Paul types. Not only the weight, but after many years playing only with Strats and Super-Strats I find the shape anti-ergonomic.

I finally got that S540FM! :)

It's been a long story. When I decided to pull the trigger on May 9th it was already sold. I felt frustrated, but yesterday I saw it advertised again and I went to pick it without hesitation. The same guitar, for a lower price, by another seller who was probably not satisfied with it.

I can understand why the previous owners discarded this guitar, but I have easily solved all its issues:

• The ground cable to the bridge had a false connection to the volume pot. Unbearably noisy for high gain
  • The guitar was tuned 3 or 4 semitones down because increasing the string tension to standard pitch made the tremolo to totally pop-out of place, like if it had no springs (no matter how you adjust the spring's claw screws). Cause: the springs were damaged with some kind of elastic hysteresis. Above certain tension threshold they became like rubber bands. Problem solved with new springs.
  • The 1st string came out of the saddle when trying to tune it to standard pitch, no matter how much you tighten it to the saddle. Cause: There were four small rusted pieces of broken string inside the saddle string retainer cavity.
Once these details were solved, cleaned and with a proper setup, the guitar performance is flawless. Excellent playability and tone. Great sustain and resonance, and no dead notes!
S540FM.JPG

The new springs are also green and submarine. Why do we feel some kind of satisfaction with these stupid details? 😂😅
GreenSprings.JPG
Now I'm going to spend some time with the rubber erasers to polish these frets

Last edited:
I finally got that S540FM! :)

It's been a long story. When I decided to pull the trigger on May 9th it was already sold. I felt frustrated, but yesterday I saw it advertised again and I went to pick it without hesitation. The same guitar, for a lower price, by another seller who was probably not satisfied with it.

I can understand why the previous owners discarded this guitar, but I have easily solved all its issues:

• The ground cable to the bridge had a false connection to the volume pot. Unbearably noisy for high gain
  • The guitar was tuned 3 or 4 semitones down because increasing the string tension to standard pitch made the tremolo to totally pop-out of place, like if it had no springs (no matter how you adjust the spring's claw screws). Cause: the springs were damaged with some kind of elastic hysteresis. Above certain tension threshold they became like rubber bands. Problem solved with new springs.
  • The 1st string came out of the saddle when trying to tune it to standard pitch, no matter how much you tighten it to the saddle. Cause: There were four small rusted pieces of broken string inside the saddle string retainer cavity.
Once these details were solved, cleaned and with a proper setup, the guitar performance is flawless. Excellent playability and tone. Great sustain and resonance, and no dead notes!
View attachment 102538

The new springs are also green and submarine. Why do we feel some kind of satisfaction with these stupid details? 😂😅
View attachment 102539
Now I'm going to spend some time with the rubber erasers to polish these frets

Excellent job and find!!! $weetne$$!!!

Dude, now this thing seems incredible. Congratufuckinlations, Man! The kicker to me is the 22 frets, which you otherwise can’t find these days in a regular production S. I’m so happy for you; this is something I’d go for ina second. May it provide much aural sex.

Eternal sustain at most notes for as long as you maintain the vibrato. Playing with headphones and no compression. I love that!

I'm playing Santana's Europa at the DAW with another track that I recorded with the Suhr Modern Satin. What a difference! this guitar keeps ringing beautifully while the same notes at the Suhr decay very fast, transforming into a thin harmonic before dying.

If I still had the Suhr I would record an A/B comparison video on YouTube, showing my middle finger every time that the Suhr note is abruptly dead

:p 🖕

As a matter of fact, my Frankeinstrat made with a cheap neck and body from AliExpress also sustains quite like that, so I would have made the revenge video comparing with the Ali-Express DIY guitar. I lost a lot of money selling the Suhr.

Last edited:
I have the S55121 and it is a favorite. A PLEK from Gary in SF and it is sweet to play. I love the Ibanez fixed bridge models and the sleek body is a pleasure.

IMG_0581.jpeg

The RGA 121 in my profile pic sits right between the S and RG models in terms of body thickness and is another to look at. They just did a J. Custom RGA but it has a trem :(. I got one anyway, of course.

IMG_0651.jpeg

These days, I'm selling off my Prestige and J. Custom models to fund 628mm scale JCRG models and custom JCRG builds.

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0080 (1).jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpeg
    IMG_0581.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Never had any issues with the jack location, being bumped or damaged in any way.

I prefer the location as I like to feed my cable thru my strap to help prevent it getting pulled out accidentally.
I scraped the heck out of the finish leading into the jack on my S the first day I had it. The J. Custom and JCRG have the jack on the side of the body and that can also be a bit of a pain, but I really didn't bond with the S jack shape/location.

Back
Top Bottom