Anyone own a Ibanez Prestige S6521Q?

Hey, I really apricate the response @unix-guy, I too use my strap when sitting so this is extremely useful info for me and helps influence my decision, since you have a hole flock of them, I'm guessing that you really like this model? Anything you can share about the +'s or -'s of owning one? Also apricate the response on the instrument jack too, I don't use a tx so that should not be a problem for me.
Cheers

Look at this beauty I wanted but have enough now - was on sale not to long ago in Virginia - keep looking they show up once in a while - check ebay and reverb every day and grab one you wont be disappointed

https://reverb.com/item/29984870-ibanez-prestige-sv5470f-2009-honey-gold

And last but no least lol - the holy grail of where the brokers on ebay are getting them from and marking them up on ebay

But you have to pay import fee and declare they are not exotic woods - you will get a bill from fedex for import fees just pay online

https://www.digimart.net/

Before you buy SV5470 let me know - most on ebay are sold but pictures are not pulled for a long time by brokers and 90% are all ready sold

You have to keep checking - now on reverb there is killer deal for 795$ but has a blem on it - you might not dig that :)

Few scratches on that 1,600$ one to much for having scratches

That said if you buy a guitar from Japan for lets say 1,300$ you will have to pay around 70$ import fee - did it twice and had to pay twice customs is watching

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Ibanez SV5470
yep, have my reverb feed set to "Ibanez Prestige" for several years now, lol... Seen some of the Japan ones from "Ikebe Music" I've been tempted a few times to pull the trigger but really want to get a new axe for the holiday vacation alongside my new FM9 and importing takes time.

Last edited:
yep, have my reverb feed set to "Ibanez Prestige" for several years now, lol... Seen some of the Japan ones from "Ikebe Music" I've been tempted a few times to pull the trigger but really want to get a new axe for the holiday vacation alongside my new FM9 and importing takes time.

My last Japan purchase off of reverb took 3 days to get here - thats fast

A couple of other notes: I'm very happy with the Gilbraltar bridge (same as the S6521Q) on my SIX6FDFM. Very comfortable and flexible. I also have the ToneZone pickup of the S6521Q on another S series of mine, a S2170 (pictured here), and it sounds great.

The S2170 has a couple of other great features, including a thumbwheel adjustment for the claw in the back, so you don't need to use a screwdriver to make tuning adjustments that can't be made from the top. Every floating trem guitar should have that. Using that, I can switch a fully floating trem guitar from standard to drop D in about 5 seconds.

View attachment 92452
Sweet, Ive got a Gibraltar Plus fixed bridge and Gotoh tuners on my RGA121 and just love it, the tuning has always been so easy though its time for me to change the nut. Always wondered about the thumb wheel didn't know you could drop tune easily with that which is huge if you need to do down a half or full step. So many things to consider now...

@DaveO - if you're looking at S540 don't overlook the '87-93 range MIJ. That's the golden era and you can pick them up for $600-800 if you keep your eyes open.

In the last year I decided to thin down a bit and sold 2 '88s in Carribean Blue.

I've got an '87 in Black Cherry that is next on my list.

Edit:

I also sold an '88 Sunset Red to the other guitarist in my band

Last edited:
@DaveO - if you're looking at S540 don't overlook the '87-93 range MIJ. That's the golden era and you can pick them up for $600-800 if you keep your eyes open.

In the last year I decided to thin down a bit and sold 2 '88s in Carribean Blue.

I've got an '87 in Burgundy that is next on my list.
Thanks, thats a good tip, my better half wants me to get a new one to sit along side the new FM9 so... looking for something that new for now.

holly crap, thats faster than UPS coming from NY, makes me wonder if they are already state side.

Would have been 2 days but seller had to confirm prob exotic woods not coming into country - oh it def came in from Japan - gotta luv fedex :)

Those are sweet! for me I need to have a humbucker in the neck position, having 3 pups are nice but rewiring them to change the switch is a real pia.
Yeah... They switched to a 5-way in '89.

The single coils are actually stacked humbuckers. And the IBZUSA pickups are actually DiMarzio pickups made for Ibanez.

Back
Top Bottom