Anyone Mind if I Change Recto Org Modern?

Yek,
I have played around with the settings a lot, so the preset that I have now may not reflect what I am trying to achieve. But if you want I can still upload them.

I am more or less trying to get something like the one you will hear below. This Demo was recorded with Recto Red Old and New model from Axe FX Standard.

Last edited:
Hard to tell wo/the guitar separated from the mix ..., do you still have the isolated guitar tracks ?

I'm all for doing whatever you can to get the models as close to the original as possible. Most will tweak to our liking anyway, but at least we'll be starting from an accurate reference point.

thanks for even asking,
Steve

The best sounding Recto clip I have heard was Adam cook heavy as crap on the beta 3 and it was the Recto orange modern I think .If it makes it better than that . wow

Can you upload one of your Recto presets?

Yek, I have uploaded the presets below. Let me know what I am doing wrong.

BTW, the Cab that I am using is from Redwirez - I think it is Rectifier Cab / SM57 / Cap_edge(?) / 1"

Attachments

• Mesa Rectifier (RED New).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Mesa Rectifier (RED Old).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yek, I have uploaded the presets below. Let me know what I am doing wrong.

BTW, the Cab that I am using is from Redwirez - I think it is Rectifier Cab / SM57 / Cap_edge(?) / 1"

Those are heavily processed presets / amp tones. High pass, low pass in Filters, mids turned down in multiple spots, Sat is on, EQ in amp block, PEQ block, GEQ block, modified adv. amp params...

My advice may not be what you like but it's simple: start over. :) Reset the amp block, bypass the PEQ/GEQ/Filter blocks. See what you want to change then. It may not be much.

Cliff, one related question on the Recto models.

I am having a hard time getting a good tone out of the Recto models from Axe FX II (almost all recto models). On Axe fx standard, Rectos were my favorite high gain models, it sounded so real and organic in the mix. However with Axe FX II, the amp distortion does not sound real, it sounds separated, has slightly pappery distortion tone, and not as harmonically rich as before.

Any Idea what's going on? I would appreciate your reply.

I used the "broken" Recto model (i.e. before we knew damping should be 0) for this clip and did NOT do any fancy tweaking.

Looking further on in your thread I see you've done a ton of tweaking in your patches. When I listen to your clip it sounds like you've created a guitar sound that might sound good on its own but I can hardly hear it in the mix. I'd suggest resetting your amp/cab blocks and starting from scratch.

I will see if I can find my recto patch to upload for you.

I love the tone of the new recto orange even if it is broken :) lol All the models sound better though with 3.0 to me.

EDIT: doh..... wasn't playing the modern just the recto orange. It had the same dampening factor as the modern (6.50) is that correct? Does make a huge difference. Nice to be able to change back if so desired.

Last edited:
I used the "broken" Recto model (i.e. before we knew damping should be 0) for this clip and did NOT do any fancy tweaking.

Looking further on in your thread I see you've done a ton of tweaking in your patches. When I listen to your clip it sounds like you've created a guitar sound that might sound good on its own but I can hardly hear it in the mix. I'd suggest resetting your amp/cab blocks and starting from scratch.

I will see if I can find my recto patch to upload for you.

could you make this preset available? if it is please let me know where! broken or not!

I'm all for doing whatever you can to get the models as close to the original as possible. Most will tweak to our liking anyway, but at least we'll be starting from an accurate reference point.

thanks for even asking,
Steve

+1 - I agree!

Fun With Editor v3

Interesting thing happend on the way to the... no seriously, I had a new recto model in a preset, I see the presence knob, in the preset (I had already updated to v3); when I went to say the power area and came back to the basic page voila presence disappears before my eyes, I did this a few time, I thought I was nuts.

The v3 updates the amp model and just by going to a different page it becomes a high cut. This of course proves things do change when one updates, even without doing the back and forth thing; Im surprised the editor changes on the fly like that. If this makes no sense to yee fuggedda bout it.

@Cliff and all the community: This is unreal customer relationship: 1) The man say to his customers: I make a mistake! WOW! that´s big! 2) further on he asked the community, if it would be alright to correct this, but asked if this would be ok for the majority!

just WOW ... this is big!

Back
Top Bottom