Anyone Mind if I Change Recto Org Modern?

Interesting thing happend on the way to the... no seriously, I had a new recto model in a preset, I see the presence knob, in the preset (I had already updated to v3); when I went to say the power area and came back to the basic page voila presence disappears before my eyes, I did this a few time, I thought I was nuts.

The v3 updates the amp model and just by going to a different page it becomes a high cut. This of course proves things do change when one updates, even without doing the back and forth thing; Im surprised the editor changes on the fly like that. If this makes no sense to yee fuggedda bout it.

It has always done this. That is why I commented on this earlier in the thread. When you take the damp down to 0, the presence becomes hicut. It is not going to another page that does it. It is turning damp to 0. This is explained in the manual. The difference now is the editor now reflects this before the label stayed as presence whether it was hi cut or presence on the axe-fx II. Now it changes to hicut when damp is 0, like on the Axe-fx II.

Java
So what is actually going on i'n that clip
I dig of Adams ?
Is it basically that the presence is adding
More upper mid and highs like an SLO
Vs the highs being cut with the pres on the
Actual amp which i'n turn emphasizes that
Bottom end chunk and low mid darker tone

You noticed it long before I did - totally blown away by the new " A bank ".
If it's as simple as just changing 1 setting it shows real character to re-release the entire V3 firmware for us all. That's A+ service right there.

Java
So what is actually going on i'n that clip
I dig of Adams ?
Is it basically that the presence is adding
More upper mid and highs like an SLO
Vs the highs being cut with the pres on the
Actual amp which i'n turn emphasizes that
Bottom end chunk and low mid darker tone

There is that and the negative feedback from the damp. That will make things sound tighter and brighter.

Looking back at my preset now...it seems the only thing I changed from the default amp sim is I turned the presence up from 0 to about 2. The damping is just the default 6.5...which we now know is not accurate but it certainly didn't seem to be an impediment for me to get a sound I was happy with.

Randalljax: I think the key thing in the preset is the the T808 drive block in front of the amp. This is an old trick to cut some of the low mud and increase mid-range. For my taste, a default T808 cuts out too much lows so I change the low cut from 700Hz to about 200Hz. Drive most of the way down and level most of the way up.

Using the T808 in front of the amp might make the sound a little bit thinner and more nasally if you're just jamming alone in your bedroom but when you place it in the mix it sets much nicer with the bass and kick drum.

Back
Top Bottom