Another IR Present for You

Lumpy's lemon drop pedal in front of the axe,a Vox AC 30 patch and this new cab.... Can't wait to try it out. Thanks Cliff.

Not a fan of 4x12s at all, real cabs or IRs. Tried this one and it just replaced Tom's Mix as the cab of choice for my AC-15. It's just killer in every position. Even on the bridge pickup of my Strat the highs are not pointed or ice-picky. Way to go!

I can see why this was a fav. Wow. Slightly off topic but this FW was the shit not only for the added sweetness of the amps but the variac, ducking verb and now these IR's. A game changing FW IMO. Ok enough of that. Check out this Variac'd Jumped Plexi that I've been tweaking using the new Vox cab IR.

Just noodling on various stuff. You'll get the idea.

Killer. What guitar are you using? Can you share the patch?

Last edited:
I can see why this was a fav. Wow. Slightly off topic but this FW was the shit not only for the added sweetness of the amps but the variac, ducking verb and now these IR's. A game changing FW IMO. Ok enough of that. Check out this Variac'd Jumped Plexi that I've been tweaking using the new Vox cab IR.

Just noodling on various stuff. You'll get the idea.

I'm liking that a lot. Has just the right amount of grind. I've been drinking the 'Jumped Plexi' Kool Aid since v16. Gonna have to give that IR a try. Nice tone.

Killer. What guitar are you using? Can you share the patch?

Thanks. I'll post it tomorrow sometime. It's really nothing special. You could throw a jumped plexi and that cab on the grid and be 95% there. As for the guitar it's a Suhr custom classic strat. Think alder body, PAF bridge, ML single coils, maple neck and Floyd.

Reactions: JT2
I've been so happy with the existing IRs that I've never bothered purchasing one of the packs. But these two Christmas goodies are sooooooo good… crafty Cliff, I'm definitely picking up this next batch. Even if I'm not thinking of my own immediate needs (which I am!) it makes sense to kick a little something in to help with this ceaseless ongoing development, whether it be firmware or IR ware.

Yesterday I sent an email to Matt at Cascade Guitar, who got my custom Parker for me… I've been babbling to him about the Axe-FX since day one. Apparently he knows a bunch of Parker players who use the Axe, and all of them give him the same reaction. Here's a clip from my email to him:

"Cliff at Fractal Audio just keeps revising and upgrading the Axe-FX II firmware, and everyone is flabbergasted. I’ve really never experienced anything like this in like, four decades of buying tech. It’s like being a witness to genius, and the guy just keeps sharing it for free." So yeah, count me in on the next pack; I've never had a taste for stone soup, and Cliff's cooking to date has been beyond compare.

wow, if we're getting these awesome g12m pre-rola and Beatle cabs for free i can't wait to see what else is in the next cab-pack! fingers crossed it's released with cab lab live.

Back
Top Bottom