Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

Yup, a real bummer. Decided to buy and try the High Gain Mesa IRs this morning but got that error message when I went to purchase.

I've tried to read though this whole thread to try to get a consensus (foolhardy for something so subjective of course) and I think if I was to purchase just one to start with (I own all the other OH packs) I will go with the Diezel. I feel that I'm pretty well set with Mesa cabs from Clark's stuff, and also a couple Cliff threw out for free.

So that leaves me with the CH vs EN and 8 vs 16 Ohm.... Could anyone that has them all share their subjective opinions with regards to that cab ? I'd like something that isn't too fizzy, and that sounds a bit open, opposed to boxy.

Thanks so much to all the members of this forum, as well as Kevin, for such a great product and giving us affordable ala carte pricing so we can experiment with some new IR's

I think I'm up and running again. DNS propagation has resolved the new IP, and I think I've gotten all the kinks out. If any existing customers can verify they can get into their accounts and download items and any new customers can verify they can purchase I would be extremely appreciative. This whole thing has been another chapter of the nightmare that has been my year so far, lol... :)

I've tried to read though this whole thread to try to get a consensus (foolhardy for something so subjective of course) and I think if I was to purchase just one to start with (I own all the other OH packs) I will go with the Diezel. I feel that I'm pretty well set with Mesa cabs from Clark's stuff, and also a couple Cliff threw out for free.

So that leaves me with the CH vs EN and 8 vs 16 Ohm.... Could anyone that has them all share their subjective opinions with regards to that cab ? I'd like something that isn't too fizzy, and that sounds a bit open, opposed to boxy.

Thanks so much to all the members of this forum, as well as Kevin, for such a great product and giving us affordable ala carte pricing so we can experiment with some new IR's

I personally think that the OH HGE sits better in a mix with less effort than the CK ones. Well thats what I have found anyway. Everyones mixing abilities vary though, and mine are just terrible.

Plus, I'd rather pay $9 for a good IR collection rather than repeatedly beg someone for the wav version of their free IR.

Just tried to sign on again and still getting the "403 Error".... But I know you'll get it sort out and I'll keep waiting patiently! Thank You Kevin for all your hard work, U Rawk! :encouragement:

I think I'm up and running again. DNS propagation has resolved the new IP, and I think I've gotten all the kinks out. If any existing customers can verify they can get into their accounts and download items and any new customers can verify they can purchase I would be extremely appreciative. This whole thing has been another chapter of the nightmare that has been my year so far, lol... :)

Please have another go, I think I figured out how they did it originally (and they did not clean up their mess) and I believe I was able to undo it. My home IP was allowed access on the old server, and since I did not think the problem would still be there on the new server I didn't think to test by other means. I could replicate the 403 using my cell phone and satellite connection, and after what I just did was able to log into a test account successfully.

Last week I was working on them then this happened. I've been trying to fix this issue for almost a week. :( I think I have this behind me, and will be working on the 1x12 and 2x12 stuff once I start seeing new orders coming in and know this whole thing is over and resolved. :)

Hm, strange, I get two different errors:

Once the "403 No Permission" error

and the other one:

" OwnHammer.com is now in the process of transferring hosting solutions.
If you are seeing this message, DNS records have not yet propagated to the new address.
Please try back again soon! "

"resetting" the cache and coockies and so on didn't help... tried also different browsers, restarted the modem to get another IP... still the same...
Any Idea?

If you're on a Windows box, you could try going to command prompt and entering:

ipconfig /flushdns

I updated the IP at the registrar yesterday afternoon, and it can take 24-48 hours to propagate everywhere, so could be it just hasn't made it out to where your connection flows through yet?

If you're on a Windows box, you could try going to command prompt and entering:

ipconfig /flushdns

I updated the IP at the registrar yesterday afternoon, and it can take 24-48 hours to propagate everywhere, so could be it just hasn't made it out to where your connection flows through yet?

Thank you very much, that helped!!!!

Could now buy and download the cabs. Good work. Keep going on like this :)

Kevin,

If your traffic is so high that it's crashed the server and forced you to move to a dedicated solution, it must be a good thing. I would be inclined to view this as you finally receiving the recognition that you deserve. I can't stop raving about your HGE to my muso mates around the globe.

One thing I will say is this: I think it would be incredibly beneficial to sales to have a professional demo all of the IR speakers that you're selling, in the context of which the original was designed. I found myself on the fence a few times on wether I'd like or need a particular pack. In the end, I just bought the whole bunch, because I know that you only provide us with the best and you obsess over the trivial details. A new customer might be swayed to purchase more if they had a better layout on the site and little clips in the sub links next to particular IR's, for e.g; EL34 01 then 05, then 10, so potential customers can hear how the tone changes in your methodology. I appreciate that this might fall short of your time and resources at the moment, however I'm sure that some of us here will be MORE than happy to contribute. It would just require you to implement it on your site.

Just my $0.02

I was able to login. I was glad I still had some balance from the kickstarter. Bought the 3 cabs on their stock configuration. I finally gave in and bought CabLab as well..

They are great IR's for sure. I even liked the Mesa with SM57 with 5881 power amp (OH MES-ST V30-EN 5881 57 01) and I normally go for the solid state captures.

Back
Top Bottom