Announcing the OwnHammer High Gain Essentials

Kevin,

If your traffic is so high that it's crashed the server and forced you to move to a dedicated solution, it must be a good thing. I would be inclined to view this as you finally receiving the recognition that you deserve. I can't stop raving about your HGE to my muso mates around the globe.

One thing I will say is this: I think it would be incredibly beneficial to sales to have a professional demo all of the IR speakers that you're selling, in the context of which the original was designed. I found myself on the fence a few times on wether I'd like or need a particular pack. In the end, I just bought the whole bunch, because I know that you only provide us with the best and you obsess over the trivial details. A new customer might be swayed to purchase more if they had a better layout on the site and little clips in the sub links next to particular IR's, for e.g; EL34 01 then 05, then 10, so potential customers can hear how the tone changes in your methodology. I appreciate that this might fall short of your time and resources at the moment, however I'm sure that some of us here will be MORE than happy to contribute. It would just require you to implement it on your site.

Just my $0.02

At a certain point, yes, I would definitely like to put audio demos of each library up somewhere like I used to with the V1 libraries, and hopefully even YouTube videos per container that go over the basic features and sound of each series as a whole, etc. Right now my focal point is library content, as I just have too much going on in my life in general to do much else. While I would appreciate the gesture of assistance, I'd like to keep it as a project for me to do for recording chain and sanity purposes. I have so much on my plate at the moment I'm forcing myself into tunnel vision or else I just won't get anything done; the bandwidth of things I could be or even am supposed to be doing every day is just too much for one person to deal with. I also have had issues in the past in injecting certain kinds of scripts into the Zen Cart framework, and the idea of losing even more sleep is not one I'm at peace with right now. :lol Once I am in a position to take a breather, I'll definitely look into this. :)

After playing around with these great impulses more I've found a new recipe for mixes that I like best!
I do like the tube ones more because they sound more exciting to me.
At first I preferred the 5881 impulses but after adding them to a mix the low end just seems a bit too excessive.
I made new mixes using the el34 tubes and they are just perfect.
They still have that tube sound and feel but have better mids to my ears.
I use the r121 mic at about -5db and then add a sm57 to the mix at full level.
Pick the one where the brightness seems just right.
For the new lynch speaker in the diezel collection I even used the solid state impulses because of the overwhelming low end, sounds really good though!
Just wanted to share some thoughts.
I'm using these Impulses a LOT!

At a certain point, yes, I would definitely like to put audio demos of each library up somewhere like I used to with the V1 libraries, and hopefully even YouTube videos per container that go over the basic features and sound of each series as a whole, etc. Right now my focal point is library content, as I just have too much going on in my life in general to do much else. While I would appreciate the gesture of assistance, I'd like to keep it as a project for me to do for recording chain and sanity purposes. I have so much on my plate at the moment I'm forcing myself into tunnel vision or else I just won't get anything done; the bandwidth of things I could be or even am supposed to be doing every day is just too much for one person to deal with. I also have had issues in the past in injecting certain kinds of scripts into the Zen Cart framework, and the idea of losing even more sleep is not one I'm at peace with right now. :lol Once I am in a position to take a breather, I'll definitely look into this. :)

Thanks for responding, Kevin. You have our eternal and unwavering support, in all of your endeavours.

Hello, can someone please tell me if i can use these in my standard?

if so, do i just load it straight in and go or is there more to it?

im a noob and i dont know anything about these or how to get them loaded into the unit.

Thanks.

perfectly compatible with Standard. When you purchase, there are several zip files you can download, each for its own format. I usually download them all, but make sure you download the 'Axe-Fx' one.

Still very confused and need clarification on the impulses.

1) If the hi res mode IRs are 2048 point resolution in the axe, does anyone know the points of resolution for the ultra-res? are they over 5000 point? Any exact figure?

2) Regarding all the old and semi-old Ownhammers such as the legacies and Studio Mix libraries.... would it be recommended to be convert the old libraries to the ultra res in addition to the high gain essentials ones? and will that increase their quality at all or is it a redundant step and is only high gain essentials pack the one worth it to be converted up to higher point?

Can anyone please inform whether the cab pack 3 is a redundant purchase of anything based on the ownhammer site if high gain essentials are purchased and converted manually? Or is the Fractal cab pack 3 ones good to have also due to some varied sonic result of them from not being created with a tube power amp as they are from Ownhammer but a flat power amp instead?

You would have to convert the Studio Mix Libraries manually with the .wav files. Then, all the solid state ones are the same as Cab Pack 3.

I'm still waiting to find out if the Studio Mix Libraries have been completed.

I'd like to buy the High and Mid Gain ones too, but I'd like to have a complete set of the ones I've already paid for.

I'd be interested to know if there is any highpass / low pass applied to these live mix IRs, or is it a case of them being rather bass boomy at low volumes and mix out at gig volume?

Yep. Add another $30 for CabLab.

I believe this is incorrect. You can download the free program from Ownhammer called Axe-o-matic that will convert wav files to Axe-Fx 2 format. Not "ultra" format though. Why do we care about "ultra" format?

If you want to hear the Ownhammer HGE series in action you can check out my band's new EP.
There is a link in my signature where you can listen to the whole thing for free.
I mostly used the Mesa impulses, V30-EN, V30-CH08 and V30-CH16 were used for most tracks.
I also used the ENGL V30-EN for songs like profound and to double some riffs for more thickness.
I made my own mixes with the EL34 tubes!
Loving these impulses!

Just listened to the new EP, Jon.
Even with ears wasted after 4 days of Rock Werchter, I think it's awesome.
You guys progressed (songs, production and tones) after the previous release.

Just listened to the new EP, Jon.
Even with ears wasted after 4 days of Rock Werchter, I think it's awesome.
You guys progressed (songs, production and tones) after the previous release.

Thank you Yek!
I can't wait for Ownhammer to release more HGE packs...
Really curious about the Krank, SLM and Bogner.

Finally got around to pulling the trigger on the first batch of 10 in this collection and I must say, these are exactly what I would have hoped they would sound like. I am now set in the high gain UR space.

Kevin, thanks for all the hard work you do for us, you are a genius and I hope you get filthy rich; you deserve all of it!

Best,
Jean.

I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing it, but I reamped KSE's Rose of Sharyn with the HGE Diezel Lynchbacks. I went for a tighter and more mid focused tone compared to the original, but it gives you an idea on how they sound.

If you want to hear the Ownhammer HGE series in action you can check out my band's new EP.
There is a link in my signature where you can listen to the whole thing for free.

I listened to the first 2 minutes of the song in your signature and bought the whole album. Very, very, very impressive. Much original. Many awesome. Wow. Seriously though, good stuff.

I listened to the first 2 minutes of the song in your signature and bought the whole album. Very, very, very impressive. Much original. Many awesome. Wow. Seriously though, good stuff.

Thanks so much!
I have to give ownhammer a LOT of credit for the great guitar sounds!

Back
Top Bottom