Announcing the New FM3 Mk II TURBO!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
As part of an ongoing appreciation for our forum members, we are excited to offer you previews of announcements before they are released to the public. It is with great pleasure that we share this news with you first! (It will be on our web site and store later today.)

FRACTAL AUDIO ANNOUNCES THE NEW FM3 MK II TURBO WITH MORE DSP POWER AND LARGER FOOTSWITCH DISPLAYS

Plaistow, NH – July 10, 2023 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Fractal Audio Systems proudly announces the immediate availability of the FM3 Mark II Turbo. This advanced, compact floor unit elevates the FM3 with a more than 10% boost in DSP power, plus larger, easier-to-read footswitch displays.

The new Turbo DSP empowers artists to create more intricate presets beyond the limits of the original FM3. The upgrade to the footswitch displays is also significant, offering double the height of individual characters, rendered in a bolder and more readable font. Despite these enhancements, the new version maintains the same compact size, weight, and comprehensive feature list of the original and a direct retail price of just $1099.99

As part of our continuous commitment to advancement, forthcoming Firmware 7.0 (now in public beta) will add DynaCab™ technology for visually guided “mic-on-speaker” tone sculpting, plus new amp models, and more.

In response to high demand, we have implemented a first-come-first-serve waitlist for the FM3 Mark II Turbo in the USA and Canada. Reserve yours at https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fm3 for details. NOTE: Anyone already on the waitlist for the original FM3 has been moved to the front of the line for the new version.

Global shipping to dealers will begin in a matter of weeks. Please reach out to your local authorized Fractal Audio Systems dealer for confirmation of availability.

For further details, please contact sales@fractalaudio.com

FM3-Mk-II-Turbo-Front-1920.png

Will this be as fast at chores as the AXE III - found the original version clunky very slow to do firmware updates etc.

Realistically when would this be available

Great! I was expecting to see these upgrades sooner or later.
Is the cpu power increase the same 11,11% as the fm9 turbo?

EDIT: nevermind, just saw you already addressed this question

In comparison to the original FM3, which ran at 450MHz, the Turbo runs at 500Mhz. That's the same clock speed as FM9 Turbo, though the FM9 has a second DSP! The flagship Axe-Fx III turbo is in a class by itself (and on sale for just a few more days!)

Thanks much was hoping for the AXE III experience with this new unit but quite tempting for on the go - FM9 would be great but the cost is up there - why I ask as I am looking for something that I can take to a Buddy's house - not ideal to drag the AXE III out

looking for something that I can take to a Buddy's house
The FM3 is really perfect for that. I also love how it lets me occupy a smaller floor space in a crowded jam room. As for the kind of "housekeeping" tasks you're talking about above (backups, firmware installation, etc.) those don't much come into play in these situations, and in any case, the FM3 is still way faster at these jobs than say, my iPhone or TV or even my (gasp!) third party guitar processor.

The FM3 is really perfect for that. I also love how it lets me occupy a smaller floor space in a crowded jam room. As for the kind of "housekeeping" tasks you're talking about above (backups, firmware installation, etc.) those don't much come into play in these situations, and in any case, the FM3 is still way faster at these jobs than say, my iPhone or TV or even my (gasp!) third party guitar processor.

Thank you - as an owner of both I'm hesitant on this new FM3 - I found the AXE III way faster performing firmware installs etc. - was very happy with AXE III - have to think about it - that said heck they are selling FM3'S for more than this new version which is intriguing

I was looking at cheaper modelers recently that would suffice as I wouldn't be using it out of the house much so another brain teaser to add to the mix :)

Will this be as fast at chores as the AXE III - found the original version clunky very slow to do firmware updates etc.
I never really notice that the FM3 is slower loading firmware.

It definitely is faster running full backups. I can start all three units backing up and the FM3 finishes first, but that’s probably because it doesn’t have the same number of banks.

I never really notice that the FM3 is slower loading firmware.

It definitely is faster running full backups. I can start all three units backing up and the FM3 finishes first, but that’s probably because it doesn’t have the same number of banks.
Thanks Greg for input

as I am looking for something that I can take to a Buddy's house
The FM3 is really perfect for that. I also love how it lets me occupy a smaller floor space in a crowded jam room.
I’m with Matt on that …

I’m currently driving on summer vacation and have my FM3 and FC6 with me in the little StudioSlips bag and was working with just the FM3 at a friend’s house. Being able to use just the unit without the FC was great because I had very little floor space available.

The only thing that ever bothers me is that I can’t store my own layouts in it. It’d be nice to be able to switch to the default FM3 layout and then back to my modified version of OMG9, but it’s workable using my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom