Announcing FAS-FX REVERB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my tele processed by a ton of FAS-FX Reverb. Yummy!

Here's the same track raw. This is the AX8 by the way. Amp + Cab only. There are absolutely no effects or post processing except a fade at the end to reduce the hum of my noisy AC power.

Congratulations on yet another product to the market!

I was going to just buy it as a gesture of support (like I do for the cab packs that I rarely need :)) but at around $300 AUD, it's a little exxy for me - seeing I already have the Waves convolution reverbs amongst others.
Thanks
Pauly

It's actually superior to the Axe-Fx II reverb in that it is true stereo and has twice the density.

I wonder how the reverberation in the AxeFX isn't really stereo. Sounds pretty stereo to me. Can you elaborate for the curious?

The Axe-Fx reverb processor sums the inputs but outputs stereo reverbs. So for instance, if you had an amp in front of it that was panned fully left, the reverb would treat it as if it were panned full center -- but then the reverberations of the dimensional space would be heard in stereo. (This is basically comparable to having a real amp in a hall.)

The plugin keeps stereo sources separated, so a stereo orchestra in your virtual concert hall will have individual instruments or sections placed accordingly on the reverb sound stage.

wow! this is really great

now to ask what everyone is thinking but not asking.....

How far away is the Amp Plug?
I'm guessing this one is more about testing the water before?

The Axe-Fx reverb processor sums the inputs but outputs stereo reverbs. So for instance, if you had an amp in front of it that was panned fully left, the reverb would treat it as if it were panned full center -- but then the reverberations of the dimensional space would be heard in stereo. (This is basically comparable to having a real amp in a hall.)

The plugin keeps stereo sources separated, so a stereo orchestra in your virtual concert hall will have individual instruments or sections placed accordingly on the reverb sound stage.

Cool! Thanks

I'm not familiar with plug-ins, but Is this possibly an indication that there will be a two tier system for firmware...free and fee based?

I very happy to see this product.

However, all of my happiness went away and a sigh of disgust replaced it when I saw that it required a hardware copy protection device.

Please, people! This is 2015!

If you want to know how to do software protection and do it right with little or no aggravation to the customer, checkout how XLN Audio does their software.

It's seamless, plainless, easy... and it just works. No hardware device required.

Sorry to be the poster of negativity on what seems like may be an excellent product and branch out from the Fractal Audio crew... but I believe this is a step in the wrong direction with hardware copy protection.

I won't be buying this until they offer a software based protection solution.

L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom