Announcing FAS-FX REVERB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

I'm pleased to announce that FAS-FX REVERB is now available in our store. As you know, we've been working on a plugin platform for some time, and we thought that porting our reverb algorithms would make for a perfect first offering.

FAS-FX Reverb is an exquisite reverb plugin which, in the continuing tradition of Fractal Audio Systems, puts sound quality above all else. Based on the highly-acclaimed Reverb algorithms from the legendary Axe-Fx II guitar processor, FAS-FX reverb takes quality to the next level*. By utilizing the full resources of your DAW the plugin can create some truly spectacular reverbs—from a whisper of natural ambience, to sophisticated real environments, to vintage springs and plates, to the dreamy infinity of space, you'll find it all here.

FAS-FX Reverb is remarkably easy to use, with features designed specifically for the way modern professionals record and mix. Our expert UI team worked with a pro panel of Fractal Audio endorsers, artists, engineers, and producers—including multiple Grammy winners—to define the ultimate reverb experience. Flexible, precise, and intuitive, it does exactly what you need while staying out of your way to avoid disrupting the creative flow.

For a limited time only, we're offering 10% off to all members of this forum. Enter the discount code reverb10 in our shopping cart to have your discount applied.

Find FAS-FX REVERB at http://shop.fractalaudio.com/FAS_FX_Reverb_Plugin_p/fas-804-0001.htm

* Axe-Fx owners will especially appreciate true stereo processing and the default Echo Density of "16"
FAS-FX-Reverb.png

Last edited:
I've had the pleasure of testing this reverb for a while.
I have some incredible reverbs at my disposal here - lucky me! I have the latest Altiverb, Oxford Reverb, a bunch of Wave stuff and a very poised venerable Lexicon 480.
The FAS reverb is WAY UP THERE in quality. It's quickly become a reference standard. And using it in a pro tools or logic session is very simple and rewarding.
It's SO simple yet powerful there's really no reason to go look for another reverb solution.

By the way, the studio reverbs are great, the halls, all that really rocks. What also really grabbed my ... attention :p were the spring reverbs. 3 flavors, absolutely awesome, just as tasty the hardware reverb in the Axe FX if not better!

Have at it. It totally rocks!

FAS-FX Reverb is an extremely easy-to-use plugin. A state-of-the-art quality effect.
Providing Axe-Fx II functionality and features, and then some.

I'm using it in Logic Pro X and Garageband (64-bit).

I hope one of you power users/beta testers can upload a demo at some point. I'll be curious to see what it can do. I'm personally awash (no pun intended) in reverbs between my third party VSTs, DAWs, and the AxeFx itself. At the present time I don't have a compelling reason to add this to the arsenal, but I'm curious to hear it in use. I'm also hoping this won't be the only VST they release.

What a great idea! Shame I can't afford it, Id snatch this up in a heartbeat for drums and vocals! Lurve dem Fractal Verbs!

Clippage:

I pre-apologize for the final mix that was made on cheap $9.99 headphones. It's a live stem take of the song so the tempo is faster than the original. Guitars were recorded with the ML Brit Collection HW SM57-E906 01 IR. More about that pack here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ml-brit-collection-the-mothership.105956/

I was planning to create presets for this plugin but truth be told I felt there was no need for it. The presets included work really well and I wouldn't call them my presets if I only touched 2-3 knobs slightly. F.ex. this song is only using the presets with very minor tweaks. I'm mostly using the medium plate here. This is definitely my go-to reverb from now on and that's kind of a big deal since I'm very picky with reverbs and usually end up not having them on at all because if they sound fake they will not end up on the track. Waves H-Verb and RVerb are the only reverb plugins I've ever liked. This one is definitely on par if not better. Different for sure. Very easy to use and you get exactly what you want. Actually the reverbs sound so good that you get tempted to wash out your entire mix. :) I'm sure pro dudes will appreciate this plugin.

So if there's anyone out there who's struggling with their DAW and creating professional sounding reverbs this is definitely something you should take a look at. :)

Logic X user here. Simple to install and easy to use.

Axe Fx II quality reverbs taken to the next level in a plug in. No need to say anything more. Let the mixing begin...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom