Announcing Axe-Fx II XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of amp updates, I think Cliff will continue to provide new firmwares for the original AF2 since he said that there are still thousands of slots available for those.

2. The DSP and modeling are identical. Firmware shares the same code base so firmware updates apply to both equally.

I guess this means the II XL inherits the maturity level that the II has acquired.

There are pros and cons to jumping in early on a new platform... sure, you get to benefit from having potential influence on the f/w development, and it's xmas every two weeks with new f/w updates, but on the downside, you're in for a rollercoaster ride with your presets. I'm an Ultra owner, and though I'm disappointed that it's no longer evolving at all, I'm thankful that it's mature.

Seems like the II XL will offer a reasonable compromise between that fairly advanced maturity level *and* a fair bit of development headroom still ahead.

I see that the new Axe-Fx II XL will be for sale along side the Axe-Fx II Mark II. If you are on the waitlist for the Mark II will you be offered to flip to the list for purchase of the Axe-Fx II XL? I am hoping that will be the case - I am on the current list.

Last edited:
Hmmn... just trying to find the button that transforms it in to a Fractal Floor... :)

It'll be inside here:

destruction%20crane1.jpgd51fdb7b-a274-45a1-9182-f3823b206a11Larger.jpg

Answers to some question asked above:

Does this mean that only the Axe-Fx II XL will have UltraRes IR capabilities?

No. The difference is in how many you can store onboard.

Does this mean that the PEQ, GEQ and PAN/TREM blocks on the non XL Axe II will eat up more preset memory than today?.
No.

Can an older Axe II be upgraded with one of these & maybe the new "Secret Sauce III” instrument input?
No, upgrading would require a whole new chassis and motherboard and be cost prohibitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom