Announcing Axe-Fx II XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember Adam saying many many months ago there was a new product they were working on that had tons of memory for looping - it was probably this one :)

Yep, thats what I'm thinking as well.

I'm excited for this, save for a few months sell my existing one and buy a new one all within four months or so.

i love it when they bring out new versions, because Cliff and gang never rest.

1) what is double capacity preset?

2)is there a DSP and MODELLING capability difference between mark 1 and 2 ?

1. Each preset holds twice as much data. This allows more complicated presets that contain more parameters. Since each block that has X/Y capability has twice the parameters than if it didn't have X/Y this allows for more blocks with X/Y capability. So I've added X/Y to the Parametric EQ, Graphic EQ and Pan/Tremolo. This also allows for more instances of effects, like Drive blocks. It also leaves room for future expansion.

2. The DSP and modeling are identical. Firmware shares the same code base so firmware updates apply to both equally.

1. Each preset holds twice as much data. This allows more complicated presets that contain more parameters. Since each block that has X/Y capability has twice the parameters than if it didn't have X/Y this allows for more blocks with X/Y capability. So I've added X/Y to the Parametric EQ, Graphic EQ and Pan/Tremolo. This also allows for more instances of effects, like Drive blocks. It also leaves room for future expansion.

2. The DSP and modeling are identical. Firmware shares the same code base so firmware updates apply to both equally.

Holy Shit! ;) I`m GASing ... Thumps up to Mr. Pinnacle! :encouragement: PEQ X/Y was a wish ... grmpf ... i want it ...

Last edited:
"Primary VALUE entry via optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations."

Is that a different rotary encoder than the current one?

I mean this is a really cool upgrade - but if you really want to make the money as well as supplement your current product why not make a hardware/software plugin connects rocksmith 2014. that will tie you into a user community of more than 1,000,000 people.
i use rocksmith to learn new songs the big limitation for me is the crappy amp sounds from the game - if there was a component to link axe fx 2 that would be a total game changer..

just my 2 cents.

"Primary VALUE entry via optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations."

Is that a different rotary encoder than the current one?

I'd like to know more about this as well. Is the new knob notchless and smooth-turning now?

Also, as long as the amp modeling on the Axe II and Axe IIXL are identical, like the Axe Standard and Ultra's amp modeling remained identical, I'm totally fine with my Axe II... well at least until the Axe III comes along.

Oh thank God. My heart skipped a beat since I just bought my brand new Mark 2 in Nov. I thought this was an Axe 3 announcement. I decided to mess with my wife and show her this announcement and told her it was a new Axe Fx 3. If looks could kill. ;)

I have to admit, as a fairly new II owner who had to secure a very difficult spousal sign off to buy, point #2 brings a sigh of relief.

Sounds like the new unit will bring some sweet new capabilities without completely shelving FW updates for all us existing II owners. Sort of like the Ultra/Std paradigm.

Does this mean that the PEQ, GEQ and PAN/TREM blocks on the non XL Axe II will eat up more preset memory than today?
Or will the added X/Y functionality only be available on the XL version?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom