Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Re: Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR

i guess some guys missunderstood my rants

i also mentioned that the Axe is not made for replacing amps, and for my opinion it's not possible to have the same punch and sweetness of a real amp with real speaker simulated out of a FRFR by using a speaker-emulation, even if this would be IR based. Remeber, IR is just a measure of the time domain responce of a speaker, and contains no information of the dynamic responce of a speaker....shure we get damn close and it sounds awesome! But.....there is no holy grail in general....there is no "this is the real thing" type of gear for everyone. There is no holy grail in tube amps either, but there are many of guitarists who have their own personal superb equipment. It's all about the knowledge to get a great tone out of your guitar by using your fingers ....i would love to hear a real test or comparing test of the new atomic instead of talking over a product almost nobody has played yet. The NY-amp-show video is not very usefull for get a clear image of how this new product will sound for me.

best regards
Mr.347

dongrosh said:
Hi Tom, thx for clarify...

Topend is not the same like what i call punch - and that was it what i missed on the 112-50 in comparison to my Thiele 1x12 EV from MB/poweramp. The same with a lot of FR-systems (JBL, QSC). It was not "under one´s belt?!" when you understand what i mean - it sounds good but it sounds or better feels alike it feels when i mike an 4x12 in an other room and hear myself with the FOH - difficult for me to explain in english - i missed the direct punch....that´s why i decided to play with an Tubepoweramp and two 1x12 Boggie Thiele EV12L without the speakersims......
I really would like to have that more options using the speakersims but not for the price of loosing the real Amp-Feeling....

i have to try oit for sure.....
I think I was focusing on the wrong thing when answering your question. FWIW, at the Amp Show, "punchy" and "in the room" were descriptions frequently used in describing the system. I know the feeling your mentioning with other FRFRs and think we've largely overcome it with this offering - otherwise, franky, we wouldn't have bothered. I don't expect to convince you (or anyone) in a thread but perhaps once you hear and feel it. Thanks for keeping an open mind.

-TK

Mr.347 said:
[...] The NY-amp-show video is not very usefull for get a clear image of how this new product will sound for me.
As the person who took the video [edit] (assuming you meant "LA" and not "NY") [/edit], I agree. I didn't intend to shoot the video as a demo of the ARFR (and in fact, when I shot that, it was about ten minutes before I knew the ARFR existed), but I regret not getting more video anyway to show the wide variety of stuff people played there... definitely a lesson learned for another year... (in addition to the lesson to ignore my self-consciousness and use the darn flash).

Mr.347 said:
The NY-amp-show video is not very usefull for get a clear image of how this new product will sound for me.
FYI. We did not have the Atomic Reactor FR at the NY Amp Show last spring. The only video from that show was on a QSC.

Furthermore, we have yet to release any video of the LA Amp show (from last weekend). I saw that someone posted a clip from a camera phone that was taken when we were fooling around with some of the atmospheric sounds. If that's what you're referring to, I could see where you're coming from.
Mr.347 said:
i would love to hear a real test or comparing test of the new atomic instead of talking over a product almost nobody has played yet.
We just recently finished making the final trims on the system. The LA Amp Show was the product's debut and it got an outstanding response. A show attendee and forum member came here and posted up about it. I joined the discussion to clarify product specs, try to answer some questions and to contain speculation about the details of the product. In the near future, there will be better video demos and sound samples of the product. In the meantime, if you prefer not to talk about a product that only a few hundred people have heard, that is your right. :cool:

Tom King said:
[quote="Mr.347":1ynudaty]The NY-amp-show video is not very usefull for get a clear image of how this new product will sound for me.
FYI. We did not have the Atomic Reactor FR at the NY Amp Show last spring. The only video from that show was on a QSC.

Furthermore, we have yet to release any video of the LA Amp show (from last weekend). I saw that someone posted a clip from a camera phone that was taken when we were fooling around with some of the atmospheric sounds. If that's what you're referring to, I could see where you're coming from.[/quote:1ynudaty]
whoops... didn't notice the "NY" versus "LA"... I was of course referring to "LA" in my prior post...
and hey, that was from my compact digital camera, not a camera phone! :p

either way though, yes, not great sound or video quality, and definitely just to allow forumers to "visit" the show and see Cliff and Tom messing around.

Scott Peterson said:
And what is at the top of the most pristine and transparent, yes... transparent and musical power amplification?

Tubes. :eek:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

YES, Peter, and Reussenzehn builts very good guitaramps too, german quality haha,
have a look to the new little EL34 powerampstations....

http://www.reussenzehn.de/

klick on "Musiker" than EL34 Powerstation....

a great choice for the AXE-FX.......

this is great, I was just starting to look around to get a good monitor for my axe... now I will wait. ;)

Tom King said:
Furthermore, we have yet to release any video of the LA Amp show (from last weekend). I saw that someone posted a clip from a camera phone that was taken when we were fooling around with some of the atmospheric sounds. If that's what you're referring to, I could see where you're coming from.

Yes...that's the one i meant, sorry for the confusion... :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASHB798SZY

believe me, i can do this with an H3000 & my rusty PCM70...now we all can do it by using the Axe. That's cool...yes it is....but when we talking about a FRFR system that claims to be the real deal, i expected punchy cleans & sweet overdriven guitar tones without fxs....

i'm looking forward to hear better clips! ;)

greetings
Paco

Mr.347 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASHB798SZY[/url]

believe me, i can do this with an H3000 & my rusty PCM70...now we all can do it by using the Axe. That's cool...yes it is....but when we talking about a FRFR system that claims to be the real deal, i expected punchy cleans & sweet overdriven guitar tones without fxs....

i'm looking forward to hear better clips! ;)

greetings
Paco[/quote:2h1v9loe]
Yea same here I'm sure it sounds good but those show me nothing.

Jeez guys, relax. It's already been stated that this was a small shot of when they were showing FX. It's a confirmation of existence, not a sales pitch.

I'm sure there will be some semi-official things over the next few MONTHS, but don't expect that audio or video clips are going to tell you that this is the perfect 'sweet' solution for you. The ONLY way is going to be to try one personally.

i'm totally relaxed here. No need of an FRFR solution yet. In my opinion, i have the best direct-recording-solution i ever could dream of. I'm just wondering why there is a preview discussion about a device with NO proper demos avaibable. Look, for me that's pretty simple to explain. Sure it also to get us, the users informed, we should know what's coming next....i appereciate that. But it's also the old PR-trick. "Make 'em hot, make 'em beliving". And now on top of it, we have this funny video showing just atmospheric content, and a big discussion at least 14 pages long with statements like "ooh, i will wait for, ooh this sounds cool, ooh this could be exactly the thing i need", it's even an announcement thread now...well done, Mission accomplished :lol: GAS truly rules the industry today....

I'm not saying that the atomic FR does not sound good, i never heard one or played on such a device. My rants goes into the GAS-influenced discussion and the fact there is no proper video, soundsamples etc. that shows the quality of this new device!

Have a nice sunday

best regards

Paco

I'm just wondering why there is a preview discussion about a device with NO proper demos avaibable.

Because several saw it at an amp show and wanted information about it? He's probably got a ton of emails and PMs about it.

Just a guess :D

Following this thread is pretty interesting study in human behavior.

There's a new product on the way, and some people complain because they can't get any information. When we finally get some preliminary details, others complain that some information is provided, but not enough ("without proper demos"). Who in the world has the right to determine for the manufacturer of a product what's right or wrong in rolling out their product? ... It's their business, their product, their money and their decisions to make. If they choose to make videos or audio clips available, that's cool, it's up to them to decide if and when that should happen.

I, for one, am happy to learn something about this product and appreciate the effort that's gone into it's design, as well as the effort to politely respond to our questions.

At the same time, it's also entertaining to see how much energy gets dedicated to arguing what it can or cannot do without any first-hand experience with the product. That's exactly the same attitude many took toward the Axe-FX without having tried it. The same old arguments ... "without proper videos, or without clips, we don't believe it's good." Who cares what you believe about it when you haven't spent any time with it?

For those who are seriously interested, get your hands on the ARFR when it comes available and decide with your own ears. I know I'm looking forward to it. It's either the right solution for you ... or it's not. Nothing to whine about.

Den said:
Following this thread is pretty interesting study in human behavior.

There's a new product on the way, and some people complain because they can't get any information. When we finally get some preliminary details, others complain that some information is provided, but not enough ("without proper demos"). Who in the world has the right to determine for the manufacturer of a product what's right or wrong in rolling out their product? ... It's their business, their product, their money and their decisions to make. If they choose to make videos or audio clips available, that's cool, it's up to them to decide if and when that should happen.

I, for one, am happy to learn something about this product and appreciate the effort that's gone into it's design, as well as the effort to politely respond to our questions.

At the same time, it's also entertaining to see how much energy gets dedicated to arguing what it can or cannot do without any first-hand experience with the product. That's exactly the same attitude many took toward the Axe-FX without having tried it. The same old arguments ... "without proper videos, or without clips, we don't believe it's good." Who cares what you believe about it when you haven't spent any time with it?

For those who are seriously interested, get your hands on the ARFR when it comes available and decide with your own ears. I know I'm looking forward to it. It's either the right solution for you ... or it's not. Nothing to whine about.

I've been thinking the same exact thing this whole time. :lol:

Den said:

Yeah...it's a free world where everybody can do what they want......well, except me, when it goes along with your theories :roll: I guess you just confuse the issue here.

Den said:
The same old arguments ... "without proper videos, or without clips, we don't believe it's good." Who cares what you believe about it when you haven't spent any time with it?

Oh well....if some one made a product that can provide the missing link between the guitar and the speaker and how they react to each other, all what i want is to hear some real clips. I'm aware of being part of an american guitar board and you also should know that there are some users outside the USA who own such a device like the axe and are interested and simply not would fly over to LA to hear some demos.
I'm interested in clips showing the interaction of the speaker and the guitar on a FR-system, when the tone breaks into harmonic sustain, feedback all with some virtual cabinets from the axe driven through a FR speaker system. If you can do that you will have my full respekt. But without it, you will be just like all the others...and i know damn many of them....i even worked and still working for some of those companies!
Those are NOT the same old arguments, and you can believe a guy like me, who spend most of his time to provide quality service/repairs & technical support for one of the biggest local distributors (beside 26 brands (!!!) also for a well know german tube amp manufactory).

As i said in the "ADA is back" topic in the form-lounge...don't give me excuses, give me results! :twisted:

best regards
Mr.347

Mr.347 said:
i'm totally relaxed here. No need of an FRFR solution yet. In my opinion, i have the best direct-recording-solution i ever could dream of. I'm just wondering why there is a preview discussion about a device with NO proper demos avaibable. Look, for me that's pretty simple to explain. Sure it also to get us, the users informed, we should know what's coming next....i appereciate that. But it's also the old PR-trick. "Make 'em hot, make 'em beliving". And now on top of it, we have this funny video showing just atmospheric content, and a big discussion at least 14 pages long with statements like "ooh, i will wait for, ooh this sounds cool, ooh this could be exactly the thing i need", it's even an announcement thread now...well done, Mission accomplished :lol: GAS truly rules the industry today....

I'm not saying that the atomic FR does not sound good, i never heard one or played on such a device. My rants goes into the GAS-influenced discussion and the fact there is no proper video, soundsamples etc. that shows the quality of this new device!

Have a nice sunday

best regards

Paco

Totally relaxed...yet bitching about others discussing/arguing/gassing...wait...isn't that what happens on basically all guitar related forums??? I think so? :?

I for one enjoy these threads...they are informational in most cases...especially this one. In many cases they are entertaining as well...kinda like this one :lol:

As one of the posters, of valid data, about the new AtomicFR...having witnessed it first hand...its not all speculation being discussed here. I've said this already, but, it sounds like an amp in the room...period. I realize everyone hears things differently...but if you put everyone in a room with a "real" tube amp and cab, they could not argue its authenticity of being such. Now, with out regard to how it was "EQ'd"/"tweaked", as that is where personal taste...or...everyone hears it differently comes in, the AxeFx/AtomicFR is not lacking in the BASIC TUBE AMP qualities. "Proper" video, sound clips etc. will never show this in its entirety.

The point of that paragraph is that, to me, the discussions on the new/pending release and its ability to do what has never been done before, seem exciting to a bunch of people...whether they like what it is ultimately going to be...or not...they do like to discuss it...wait...oh yeah...that guitar related forum thingy...

So why do you feel the need to "put an end" to the "GAS-influenced discussion"? You could simply ignore it, if it secretly bothers you so much...as you say you are totally relaxed? Hmmm...

-<MACHINE>- said:
Now, with out regard to how it was "EQ'd"/"tweaked", as that is where personal taste...or...everyone hears it differently comes in, the AxeFx/AtomicFR is not lacking in the BASIC TUBE AMP qualities. "Proper" video, sound clips etc. will never show this in its entirety.

Ok....how you define "BASIC TUBE AMP" qualities? Specialy when it goes to an non-usual application like FR in combination with an IR-based virtual loudspeaker emulation? Mmh.....
-<MACHINE>- said:
yet bitching about others discussing/arguing/gassing

many thanks for holding up the mirror.....as i said, totally relaxed here :lol:

@ GuitarDojo: No thanks, i'm pretty happy with my stuff! ;)

Mr.347 said:
Ok....how you define "BASIC TUBE AMP" qualities? Specialy when it goes to an non-usual application like FR in combination with an IR-based virtual loudspeaker emulation? Mmh.....

Well, having played as many "tube amps" as I have...just about all the major mfg. and probably a dozen or so "boutique" amps...I reckon I have an idea what a BASIC TUBE AMP sound would be. How does one describe that...admittedly I am not very good at describing...however I can recognize a "duplication" of a sound...and therefore tell of such...no matter what the source.

I would hope that you too could listen to something and recognize that it was the "same" as something else.

Mr.347 said:
many thanks for holding up the mirror.....

I'm OK with that...as I'm not the one trying to stop the discussions here ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom