Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

electronpirate said:
Well folks. I spoke with Tom at length the other night.

I was fortunate enough to have been the 1st on the waiting list, so Tom was gracious enough to call me and let me be the first to order. I've checked and found that they are in transit!

So they ARE out there folks! Tom intimated at some challenges, but the wait is OVER!

Ron

Did you order two? I'll have one shipping early in the week. Losing the power amp and guitar cab is gonna be a big step for me. I'm excited to really be able to take advantage of the AxeFx and use different amp/cab configurations.

p

I have a few general questions (i've never own a tube product)..

It probably wouldn't be good/accurate but i was just thinking if its possible that one could use the ARFR for mixing?

In live situations where a cab would usually be mic'ed, should the arfr be mic'ed? or just use the output2 signal to the foh?

Is 1 arfr loud enough for practice/as loud or louder than drums?

Also does the same risk exist with the arfr as with tube amps that they can just "blow up" or die when being cranked, especially so during a longer period of time i.e. a gig?

Will the tones change after the tubes get warmed up?

Also, the tubes life expectancy is approx. 1,000 hours.. I'm guessing I probably play 14 hours a week, which turns out that the tubes will need to be replaced in less than 2 years. How much will it cost to replace both of the tubes and are they just available online?

How much will it cost to replace both of the tubes and are they just available online?

I believe Tom told me about $30 max. Said it's probably possible to get a little cheaper...also gave me the name of a well known online supplier...but I don't remember...just email Atomic technical support and they'll give you all the details...

After over a year, I’m taking this huge (and unweildy) thread out of the announcements section. It has some valuable info but since we are now delivering the product it has run its course. The company site has been updated to reflect details about the Reactor FR, including the manual and ordering information so it is a much more efficient place to get the basic questions answered.

http://fractalaudio.com/products-at-reactor.html

-TK

Tom King said:
After over a year, I’m taking this huge (and unweildy) thread out of the announcements section. It has some valuable info but since we are now delivering the product it has run its course. The company site has been updated to reflect details about the Reactor FR, including the manual and ordering information so it is a much more efficient place to get the basic questions answered.

http://fractalaudio.com/products-at-reactor.html

-TK

Thanks Tom!

and Congrats to you and your wife. Happy honeymoon!

Hi guys!

Newbie here! I have a similar dilemma. I'm using a Pod X3 Live with my recently purchased Atomic Reactor FR (until I can afford a Axe-Fx Ultra).

As most people know, unlike the Axe-Fx, the amp/cab/mic sims of the Pods really need some warming up from tubes to give them some life when you amplify them (going directly into the FOH sounds terrible). That's why I bought the Atomic Reactor FR so I could amplify my amp/cab/mic patches in a decent way and I can say it works pretty good during rehearsals with my band!

But I haven't gigged with this setup yet and I'm trying to figure out how I can amplify that sound I'm getting during rehearsals in a venue's FOH. I'm going out of the Pod via XLR Out into the Atomic XLR In. If I want to amplify on the FOH the sound of my patches warmed up by the tubes on the Atomic (which is what I'm hearing on rehearsals) should I mic the Atomic of just use the XLR Thru?

I have this dilemma because the manual says that the signal going out of the XLR Thru is THE SAME as the signal going into the XLR In of the Atomic. Does this means that that signal coming into the XLR In of the Atomic doesn't passes through it's tubes before coming out of the XLR Thru? Because if that's so then using the XLR Thru won't work for my goals since the Pod X3 Live patches need the tubes warmth really badly!

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the info!

matizadomrb said:
I have this dilemma because the manual says that the signal going out of the XLR Thru is THE SAME as the signal going into the XLR In of the Atomic. Does this means that that signal coming into the XLR In of the Atomic doesn't passes through it's tubes before coming out of the XLR Thru? Because if that's so then using the XLR Thru won't work for my goals since the Pod X3 Live patches need the tubes warmth really badly!

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the info!

This is correct. You gain nothing by sending the signal from the XLR out on the back of the Atomic to FOH it is simply a through signal path.

Yeah that's what I thought...

So what do you guys think I should do? Mic the Reactor FR? Has anyone tried it? Any tips? (what mics, position/distance to try and find the sweet spot?).

Thanks for the insight!

+2 I don't think you can do that, I don't know I have never tried. I guess stick a mic in each location, tweet and woof and then let the fun begin :lol:

Back
Top Bottom