Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Lots of people talk about running two Fractomic FR's, but what's the benefit? Is the stereo effect really that big of a difference/deal in the sound?

I don't need extra wattage (my setup is mostly practice, maybe a few gigs w/FOH), and I don't like hauling more equipment + the extra cost.

However, I would like to run some background tracks into the Atomic, play guitar, and sing vocals through it, all at the same time. Would that work?

QuadAllegory said:
Lots of people talk about running two Fractomic FR's, but what's the benefit? Is the stereo effect really that big of a difference/deal in the sound?

I don't need extra wattage (my setup is mostly practice, maybe a few gigs w/FOH), and I don't like hauling more equipment + the extra cost.

However, I would like to run some background tracks into the Atomic, play guitar, and sing vocals through it, all at the same time. Would that work?

I don't think it's just a stereo thing. One could also run different amps, one on each side so it's an options thing as well. As to vocals I don't see why not... Does anyone know if Tom has released a freq. response chart for the Fratomic?

Here is a copy of the email I sent out regarding Reactor FRs. We start shipping tomorrow (10/7/09)!!! If anyone is on the list and doesn't get the message, please either send me an email or a PM. Thanks!

Hello Reactor FR Wait Listers,

I am extremely happy to announce that Atomic has taken delivery of its first shipment of Reactor FRs – and they look and sound GREAT!

Last weekend we had a few of the production units at the LA Amp show and they got a fantastic reception. Today is literally 1 year to the day from the debut of the alpha prototypes at the same show last year. For those of you that have been waiting for these to arrive since, I thank you for you patience. I really believe that you will think it was worth it once you’ve played them.

I am going to begin personally contacting people on this list, starting with the ones who have been waiting the longest tomorrow to take orders and answer any last minute questions. We hope to have all the back orders filled by the end of next week but we’ll know more once we have the final QC process running at full speed.

For those of you who have not been updated from the forums or me personally, the Reactor FR is $799.

Best,

Tom King
President
Atomic Amplifiers, LLC
http://www.atomicamps.com

QuadAllegory said:
... However, I would like to run some background tracks into the Atomic, play guitar, and sing vocals through it, all at the same time. Would that work?
I would like to know the answer to this question too. I want to do the same thing; background tracks with guitar.

LPSWR said:
QuadAllegory said:
... However, I would like to run some background tracks into the Atomic, play guitar, and sing vocals through it, all at the same time. Would that work?
I would like to know the answer to this question too. I want to do the same thing; background tracks with guitar.
Simple answer - "Yes".

-TK

Uh oh... anyone know if there is going to be a standard shipping charge (like the AxeFX)? I have some money in transit from paypal to checking, but it's not going to make it until Monday... argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding the stereo thing:

You don't get much separation with a stereo cab, I agree. But I depend on the mains for separation. For the most part, that is what the audience is hearing. But I still use stereo cabs simply because I want to hear every sound I'm producing. Although I use a lot of straight-ahead tones where it wouldn't matter much, I also use a lot of stereo effects, with panning, swirling, etc. Even without separating the cabs, you can still feel that movement, which is lost when you run mono. I also offset my delay parameters slightly, which also creates a certain amount of movement and presence. If I run mono, I can only run one channel (I get phase cancellation issues if I sum due to many offsetting parameters). So I lose a lot if I run mono. A stereo cab is a must for me, and I wouldn't want to haul two FR's.

electronpirate said:
After all the wait, I would have expected a SLEW of 'It's shipping!', 'Its on the way!' posts.

Amazed!

BTW:

'Its on the way!

I haven't gotten an email yet and I think I signed up right when the waitlist was announced. They are probably doing it in phases.

electronpirate said:
After all the wait, I would have expected a SLEW of 'It's shipping!', 'Its on the way!' posts.

Amazed!

BTW:

'Its on the way!

Ya, still waiting here for the chance to order. I think I've been on the waitlist for 9-10 months.

OverAmp said:
electronpirate said:

Amazed!

BTW:

'Its on the way!

Ya, still waiting here for the chance to order. I think I've been on the waitlist for 9-10 months.

Me too, waiting for the call from Tom. Got on the list right after the '08 Amp show.

Well folks. I spoke with Tom at length the other night.

I was fortunate enough to have been the 1st on the waiting list, so Tom was gracious enough to call me and let me be the first to order. I've checked and found that they are in transit!

So they ARE out there folks! Tom intimated at some challenges, but the wait is OVER!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom