Amps that have surprised & impressed you in V10

DAMN YOU ALL!!!

I'm sat here with an Axe FX Standard looking for reasons not to upgrade, I think it's fair to say, this thread HAS NOT HELPED!

*Reaches for credit card*

:lol:lol

I finally got some time to rebuild my patches in V10. I was amazed at how quickly the sound comes together even with the default settings. I was blown away with the FAS Modern. The clarity, distortion and sustain were just amazing. I was grinning ear to ear all afternoon!

DAMN YOU ALL!!!

I'm sat here with an Axe FX Standard looking for reasons not to upgrade, I think it's fair to say, this thread HAS NOT HELPED!

*Reaches for credit card*

:lol:lol

On the upside. You dont have to re-tweak your presets every 2 months when Cliff gets a "mad genius" idea to improve the AXE II beyond what we thought was even possible...

muuuaaaahaaaahaaaa ;)

On the upside. You dont have to re-tweak your presets every 2 months when Cliff gets a "mad genius" idea to improve the AXE II beyond what we thought was even possible...

muuuaaaahaaaahaaaa ;)

I buckled, just ordered one, figured there is a 15 day money back so can't really lose.

Now I'm mega excited to see what Cliff has been up to the last couple of years!

Plexi 100w high. Oh my lord what a tremendous amp. I have to be dragged away kicking and screaming from playing guitar through that amp.

Vox AC 30

I assume it was Alnico blue's, it seemed a little brittle and lacked that chime quality. Some v10 samples floating around the site sound better to me.

I am more into Boogies distortion and more into that modern fat sound...but lately I am in love with preset number 44, JVM amp, with a little tweaking it sounds AWESOME...i didn't even touch the cab irs (1960 redwires with sm57 mono hires) but it screams with my old trusty Ibanez RG and my esp ltd ec1000T guitar...tone heaven for sure! I think i must dig into marshalls more!

Strat on position 4 through the Supro with supertweed 2x10. Surprising vintage little quacky chime, perfect for "domino" by Van Morrison. Did it by accident actually.

The Friedman BE and HBE are just simply "bitch'n". My new favorite mod Marshall tones. When I dialed in the Friedman's, as hard as I tried, I couldn't wipe that stupid grin off my face.:D
The Atomica's have got me friggin' around with them as well. The new Plexi's are killer for cleans as is the Brit JM45.

Fryette D60 M is also became a good alternative for mesa type amp on v10 and it is great to combine this one with a FAS modern.

The Friedman BE and HBE are just simply "bitch'n". My new favorite mod Marshall tones. When I dialed in the Friedman's, as hard as I tried, I couldn't wipe that stupid grin off my face.:D
The Atomica's have got me friggin' around with them as well. The new Plexi's are killer for cleans as is the Brit JM45.

Same experience here and I'm also really loving the AC30 & DrZ class A style cleans with a bit of break up dialed so that it's just so damn touch responsive

Lovin the Bogner Red, all the Peavey 5150 type models, Brit Mod, Plexis, Triaxis, Super Reverb, 59 Bassguy, JVM, and Bludojai Lead. Probably a lot more, but just haven't had the time to mess with very many other models yet.

The Bludojai is just insane for getting a thick, smooth, sustaining lead tone. Great for fusion, Santana, even blues with the drive backed down.

So far, the only ones I haven't cared for are the Leggy, VH4, and FAS Modern models. But, I rarely used them much anyway.

That leads me to an interesting question. With MIMIC having been applied to the models of real amps, will the theoretical models (i.e. FAS Modern, FAS Lead) be sub-par now? I really haven't had time to spend on any of them to make a judgement yet.

What cabs do you prefer with the Bludojai?

Any of the Suhr models. I'm a high-gain metal player for the most part, but I decided to make a lead patch on one of the Suhr amps and was just blown away.

I am more into Boogies distortion and more into that modern fat sound...but lately I am in love with preset number 44, JVM amp, with a little tweaking it sounds AWESOME...i didn't even touch the cab irs (1960 redwires with sm57 mono hires) but it screams with my old trusty Ibanez RG and my esp ltd ec1000T guitar...tone heaven for sure! I think i must dig into marshalls more!

If you're playing modern guitars and modern tone and are just exploring Marshall vibe, check out the Friedman HBE if you haven't yet.

Any of the Suhr models. I'm a high-gain metal player for the most part, but I decided to make a lead patch on one of the Suhr amps and was just blown away.

Wow! I'm actually really disappointed by the Badgers. Lol. I think it's the only thing I don't like that I was hoping to. How do you dial it in?

Wow! I'm actually really disappointed by the Badgers. Lol. I think it's the only thing I don't like that I was hoping to. How do you dial it in?

I'm guessing he was referring to the CAE models.

The Badgers are very different amps. If you are used to hot-rod Marshall tones the Badgers won't be your "thing". These are edge-of-breakup amps. No negative feedback so they are loose and can be farty with certain pickups. They are "players" amps for guys who rely on technique and riding the volume knob.

I'm guessing he was referring to the CAE models.

The Badgers are very different amps. If you are used to hot-rod Marshall tones the Badgers won't be your "thing". These are edge-of-breakup amps. No negative feedback so they are loose and can be farty with certain pickups. They are "players" amps for guys who rely on technique and riding the volume knob.

Cliff, seriously thank you for the Badger 30. It's now probably my favorite amp in the Axe FX (or at least one of the top 3). So dynamic, and I love the volume knob dynamics. It's perfect

Back
Top Bottom