Amps that have surprised & impressed you in V10

Everything sounds and feels great.Amps I could never gel with before 10-cae3 lead, slo lead,energyball are all fun to play now.The thing that I notice overall is in the feel department.There is more of a give and take organic type thing going on.Hard to put in to words but my fingers are sore because of it.

One of my most pleasurable finds have been the triaxis green and yellow. I can relate to the cheerleader analogy though!

I had two of them in my 'refrigerator' for years. It's so nice to have them back, and even better than the ones I had!

I've never spent any time with the fender twins in any previous versions. Tried it last night and I was transported back in time playing my brothers twin in 1970. Forty years is a long time to remember a sound but it was just like I was there again. I swear I could even smell it!

CA3+ Clean Factory preset nr 26.
Pretty ´nice clean tone.
Then kicked the build in drive
HOLY CRAP that is awsome.

Thank you so much for all your work FAS.

I will soon post a Fuchs Ods II preset with an incredible SRV tone on axechange,
And a Gojira preset i'm in love with, that uses 6160 block letter.
For now those 2 amps are my best surprises in fw10

I just switched my main rhythm tone. Used FAS Modern with v9 and now I'm using Das Metal (Diezel VH4).

Quick question: what's the difference between the Das Metal and Dizzy? Is it the channels on the amp?

Was trying factory presets and got hung up on the Supremo Trem (Supro 1964T) in the Whole Lotta preset...loved the squishyness and warmth. Preset uses a fair bit of high cut and lowers the Triode Hardness to round everything off nicely.

Tuned the amp a bit, and got a keeper preset out of the Supremo...I liked how the preset mic took all the woofyness away and still sounded full; I usually EQ that stuff out and never use cab mics but the 57 just worked in this case so I left it...

LOL I should note I've gotten hung up on many amps and factory presets over the weekend....you can really feel differences between them...v10 is very cool. I love picking nuances using my right hand and work my volume control a lot, and v10 is pretty addictive...it's more dynamic/open feeling for sure.

Last edited:
All 3 channels of the Soldano are amazing.

Tuesday i get my Hot Rod 62 , What a great week , new guitar and new firmware :)

Can,t wait to play the Vibroverb with my Hot Rod.

Fractal V10 is amazing thanks very much The axe is THE best tool out there...

Hans

Attachments

• a408c75e.jpg
    a408c75e.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
The Bogners are much improved and so are all of the Mesa amps but the one that really surprised me was the Trainwreck. Man that one really sings at volume. In earlier versions I thought it was just OK, now it will most likely use it a lot more.

Im normally more a hard rock/metal guy but I can't stop playing the Trainwreck and the AC30 TB.

Just absolutely stunning....

So many amps sound even better.

I am not as much a hard rock guy -- but the EVH Red is truly bitchin'. I swear I though the real amp was right in the room with me.

+ 1 on all the Bogners -- great

+1 on the CAE Clean, its' awesome.

I like the new new Dumble too...The Two Rockis nice, Fuchs...

I'm biased, but the BludoOjai is a fav (my amp) which is very versatile if you take time to dial it in... Cliff told me, you can switch out the default tone stack with the Skyline tone stack...as tone option, the amps preamp boost is on with default tone stack.

The Plexis are admittedly somewhat different but in a better way. I've always loved the JTM 45.

I love the Bad Cat/Hot Kitty...

It's all good!

Bogner Red, Trainwreck, and the Mesa Recto stuff are all WHOA! good for me. I can't stop playing the Wrecker; borrowed some starting settings from the "Can you hear it sing?" factory preset and wow... just wow.

The JCM800 Mod is 'my' amp home. That's the sound of my teens and one that I call 'home'.

The Dumble thing is not my 'thing'; but the Dumble clean is jaw dropping.

The Vox AC30TB is silly good; the Cameron amps and the Friedman amps... holy shitballs!

The Plexi 100 is a MONSTER; the Splawn and the Swart... NICE.

The Fenders are so good now with those new mixed IR's. They get my 'most improved'.

I am just having so much fun dialing up sounds now; it is so easy, so fast and so damn good.

MIMIC isn't your father's modeling. ;)

The Orange Rockerverb sounds amazing now! I could never get a satisfying RV tone out of it before,
but as soon as I hit the Citrus setting and an instant smile was on my face.

I haven't had a ton of time with it yet, but I'm loving the JCM800 Mod and Fender Deluxe Reverb also so far.
The Fender stuff sounds so much better now.

The Soldanos in the Axe FX have never ever been close for me. I have had an Axe FX A/Bd next to a SLO100 and even in the advanced parameters I couldn't even get it close.

With V10...It took about 5 min of tweaking for me to get 'that' sound. LOVE it.

I agree. I think the SLO was just plain bad before. Now it and the Dumbles are really nice.

+1 800MOD, AND I HAVE ONE..SOUND REALLY CLOSE...AND ALMOST 90% OF THE AMPS
-1 USA LEAD ( SO OPAQUE, LOW) AND CALI LEGGY (ABSOLUTLY FAR OF THE AMP TONE)

The Atomica with w/ Basketweave TV mix is the "sound" I've been looking for in a heavy Rock AMP.

It's crisp, clear and tight.

Rock on Cliff. Rock on!!

Pretty much all of the above for me, and ...

BRIT BROWN - good old fashioned Marshall chunk with fantastic note attack & separation
WRECKER 1 - similar in some ways
65 BASSGUY - different and better than before

I always thought the Mesa Dual Rectifier's were just ok in any modeller I've used. I could never get a truly satisfying sound and the truth is I've never played a real one so I would generally just give them a try then move on. The HBE has generally been my go to amp in the Axe, usually tweaking Mark Day's presets and using it in Cooper Carter's Metropolis patch. I have to say, the Recto red is seriously blowing me away at the moment as is the EVH red. Heavy punch with great articulation and note separation.

For a good chunk of today I've been stuck on dumble...
Taylor 814ce (acoustic) into the AxeII, dialed up cavernous preset, changed the amp to ODS clean, turned bright on.
RCF12 sounds luscious.
Delicious even. As you were..
Like v10

Back
Top Bottom