AmpliTube

LMO

Fractal Fanatic
We're looking at an extended family trip this summer, so I'm plotting what I can easily carry to play steel through. Has anyone tried AmpliTube for iPhone?

We're looking at an extended family trip this summer, so I'm plotting what I can easily carry to play steel through. Has anyone tried AmpliTube for iPhone?

OK, here we go

Irig with amplitube for Iphone; clean sounds ok, blues sounds ok, heavey and high gain complete disaster. No batteries in Irig.

Ampkit with peavey gear. Same as above BUT the heavey and high gain sounds much much better. Other technology so 2 batteries in plug needed. But last long and this system will not suck your Iphone empty in 20 minutes.

Better take your ipad with ya and ampkit let you i stal your purchase on your ipad and iphone. Amplitube will charge.

So ampkit definitly!

Regards

A Fender Frontman is your ticket!

Includes a headphone jack and an auxiliary input allowing the user to play along with a CD, tape player, or drum machine. The Frontman 25R, a 25-watt, open-back amp, has a 10 in. Fender Special Design speaker, 2 selectable channels (Normal and Drive), built-in reverb, 3-band EQ, and an external speaker jack.

Height 11"
Width 10.25"
Depth 5.75"
Weight 8.5 lbs.

Bought the full kit, all the amps, effects, ext, played it once have never touched it since..not impressed not even for it's size and power.

I've tried it, it's a kool idea, but the sounds aren't very pleasing, get sick of it pretty quick, wish Fractal would build something like that.. but that's just my opinion, try it, it might work for you, cleans sounds aren't so bad.

Thanks! Guess I should've searched this one first. Looks like Ampkit is the way to go.

For my ears does Amplitube sound much better. AmpKit is better in case you play Metal. Amplitube has NO post amp delay effect. But has inbuilt 4 track recorder and can play in backgound. I use iRealB to play jam tracks and Amplitube as the guitar amp - that's not possible in the current version of AmpKit.

In case you own an iPad - don't get any of them - get GarageBand from Apple. (Amps, Stomps, Drums, Loops, Virtual instruments, 8 Track recorder ...) for under $5

Last edited:
Get one of those Fender Mustangs. Sound pretty good at low volume, cheap and easy to transport.

I like the iPad idea, then all I need to do is to build an adapter cable. Always looking for the rationale to get a new toy. :)

Whatever I take, it has to fit into a small suitcase along with all my other stuff, so I wasn't thinking in terms of even a really small amp. If I did have that much room I'd just squeeze in my Ultra.

I've got Amplitube on my iPad and iPhone. Probably use the iPad one the most because I like the interface better.

I have read a lot of negative reports about the sound etc., but I must admit that I have never had a problem with it and have had fun whilst using the iRig + Amplitube combination. To be fair, I have never tried Ampkit or any others so I suppose my baseline for comparison is nil.

Since putting Garageband on my iPad, I have been using that a lot now - but mainly for having 'fun' and not trying to seriously hunt for a good tone. Just nice to be able to play along to some nice drum grooves to help with my timing.

I have a fender vibro champ. Great little amp-tubey sound. I also have the roland micro cube-The orig one. Has inputs for headphones, Cd\mp3 player and some great sounds. Even runs on batteries.

I have iRig on iPhone and iPad - it's awful, imo. I'd rather use my now-ancient Pandora. Haven't tried GB on the iPad yet.

I have one of the original Micro Cubes, and it is not bad for what it is. The battery feature (20+ hours on 6 AA's) is pretty cool too.

I will not go back to GASing over amps. I will not go back to GASing over amps. But the iPad2 demo of GarageBand looks like fun.

Back
Top Bottom