Amp sim requests

Lots of good suggestions here.

My wish is that we get a release soon that simply has some additional amps/effects....

I dont believe the last couple releases have had that.

The Shiva & Marsha's are really nice.. I have been enjoying them

Hughes & Kettner Access preamp, it`s one monster of a preamp
Hughes & Kettner Puretone, it`s a dynamic one channel amp from nice clean tones till mean and pushed power tubes
Hughes & Kettner Triamk MK II Alex Lifeson, it`s one of a kind amp
Hughes & Kettner Statesman (All variations combos and head), they are "vintage" sounding fram twangy clean to great lead tones
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade TSC, one mean pitbull that does it all
THD BiValve, it`s an amp to change tubes and changes characteristic from what kind of tubes put in there, nice littel amp
THD UniValve, as the BiValve!
Marshall Silver Jubilee, Joe Bonamassas sound
Marshall TSL (all channels), the most versatile stock Marshall`s ever releaced
Fender Twin Silverface with the JBL D120F speakers and the Bright switch, not possible to get a more clean axy-tone.

Thanks ;o)

Hughes & Kettner Access preamp, it`s one monster of a preamp
Hughes & Kettner Puretone, it`s a dynamic one channel amp from nice clean tones till mean and pushed power tubes
Hughes & Kettner Triamk MK II Alex Lifeson, it`s one of a kind amp
Hughes & Kettner Statesman (All variations combos and head), they are "vintage" sounding fram twangy clean to great lead tones
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade TSC, one mean pitbull that does it all
THD BiValve, it`s an amp to change tubes and changes characteristic from what kind of tubes put in there, nice littel amp
THD UniValve, as the BiValve!
Marshall Silver Jubilee, Joe Bonamassas sound
Marshall TSL (all channels), the most versatile stock Marshall`s ever releaced
Fender Twin Silverface with the JBL D120F speakers and the Bright switch, not possible to get a more clean axy-tone.

Thanks ;o)

as far as the TSL is concerned...all channels are based on amps already in the axefx:

clean= 1959 plexi
crunch=2203 jcm 800
lead= 2203 jcm 800 w/ extra tube gain stage
"deep'= center frequency@125Hz

power section is based on a 2203 800 as well so it's not likely that cliff will model it.

IMO the jvm is WAY more flexible.

Rivera Knucklehead Ktre or the Mick Thompson one, all channels
Randall Warhead (the original)
Cameron CCV
Henning Plexrod
Engl Invader all channels
Diezel Herbert all channels (use the boost function as the +/- function of channel 2)
Splawn Nitro

Hughes&Kettner Triamp or the Alex-Lifeson amp.
Suhr PT-100
Suhr OD-100 SE+
Splawn Nitro
Laboga Mr. Hector
65 AMPS EMPIRE

I do not have words on how much i want that last amp. Its very special in its voicing. Tight but very vintage'ey at the same time.

This has to be in here somewhere already, but...

The current Axe-FX Matchless model is the Chieftain. I hate that amp. I want a SC/HC/DC-30. Or a Clubman.

Victoria amp. :)

I know it's "just another tweed" but man, they're amazing. Perhaps a Regal II model, or a Victorilux. Would be sweet to have impulses of one of their cabs, too.

Since I don't have any Axe I have no first hand experience yet. Ampwise I had a Roland Jazz 120 and a Fender Twin. Without the chorus the 120 was dull I think but the Fender was all that. Sold it because I stopped playing for a long long period.

I hope there is enough good clean and slightly overdriven possibilities for modern jazz sounds and that the jazz side doesn't get overshadowed by other demands.

Other than different "jazz sounds" I like more dirty sounds e.g like the guitar produces on Righteouosly - Lucinda Williams Live @ Fillmore. But I dont know if it's any specific amp or mostly based on FX.

I know these have all been said, but I figure the more people say them, they might have a better chance, so....

Guitar:
Fender Super Reverb
ANYTHING by 65 Amps, Bad Cat or /13
An EF86 channel of a AC30/AC15
More Matchless amps (DC30, etc)
A BUNCH more Dr Z amps (i.e. Route 66, Remedy, Carmen Ghia, , etc)
Marshall Vintage Modern (or anything with KT88s)
Two Rock (Custom Reverb Signature and Mayer's model would be nice)

Bass:
ANYTHING by Eden or Mesa Boogie

I know I'm vastly outnumbered here, but I think a lot of you would benefit from having some steel guitar amps to broaden your palette. So, with that in mind I'd like to suggest:
Webb 6-14E
Little Walter PF 50/50
Peavey Session 400 circa 1974

The Webb incorporates a ported speaker enclosure and amp packaged together, so an IR of the speaker might be needed. The Little Walter would be of interest to a broader group, although it doesn't seem to be that well-known (in my circle at least).

Peavey has several models that tend to have a similar sound, including the Session 400, Session 500, Nashville 400, Session 1000, etc. They vary mostly in power and weight.

Back
Top Bottom