Amp sim requests

DAR Forza Quattro?

DAR Forza Quattro anyone? \m/ :twisted \m/

This amp is unique in the way its distortion is insanely grinding, crunchy, and tight.
Also, it uses 6C33 power tubes, these tubes are the ones the Russians use in Tanks and MiG Fighter jets :twisted , so you know its gotta be heavy. Also if it is to be modeled I would like Channel 3 (rhythm) to be modeled, I also would like it to have the Contour knob modeled. The amp has, Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, and Lead channels.

Clip: YouTube - DAR Forza Quattro - Metal
Comes courtesy of Ola Englund. Clip was done using Rhythm (Channel 3)

I may get schematics soon as I have contacted DAR themselves and asked for schematics for the Forza Quattro. I just hope they will let me have them. :?

I apologize if these were already brought up but I didn't read all 79 pages.
Splawn Nitro. It's one of the few newer amps out there with a completely unique voice.
Wizard Modern Classic. Another amp that is it's own.

Casting my vote for some more vintage vibe in the Axe Fx.

Fender Champ (5w, single-ended, class A)
Fender Deluxe 5E3
Silvertone 1483 (designed as a bass amp, but great for guitar)
Silvertone 1485 (Jack White)

And one modern...
Matchless DC-30

My Axe-FX amp model wishlist:
1. Ampeg B15N - how electric bass is supposed to sound.
2. Fender 5E3 tweed Deluxe - one of the best sounding of Fender's early amps.
3. Fender 5F1 tweed Champ - awesome little recording amp.

The same - thanks! :)

The Bongo sounds fantastic through the Axe-FX tube preamp and the SVT. A B15N would be better still! Maybe in a future firmware release.

My Axe-FX amp model wishlist:
1. Ampeg B15N - how electric bass is supposed to sound.
2. Fender 5E3 tweed Deluxe - one of the best sounding of Fender's early amps.
3. Fender 5F1 tweed Champ - awesome little recording amp.

+1 on the B15N

DEFINITELY need that one for the bass players...!!!

Ampeg V4B (albeit not too different from a SVT)

There are a many amps that you can approach today with the stock ones.
Magnatone sound can be achieve with the Deluxe Reverb which is in 6V6 too.(213)
Look for the schematic and check which one is the closest, then tweak the advanced parameters.

Last edited:
There are a many amps that you can approach today with the stock ones.
Magnatone sound can be achieve with the Deluxe Reverb which is in 6V6 too.(213)
Look for the schematic and check which one is the closest, then tweak the advanced parameters.
Have you managed to get the sound of the Magnatone Model 180 using the Deluxe Reverb sim? The Magnatone uses 5881/6L6 output tubes, not the 7408/6V6GT tubes from the Deluxe Reverb. I've requested a schematic for the Magnatone but have not gotten any response.

FWIW, I've spent a great deal of time trying to recreate the sound of my 5D6 circuit Bassman with the 5F6A circuit 59 Bassman sim. The schematics are similar except for the phase splitter and the voltage regulator, but I've been unable to really match the 5D6.

Edit: You did say "approach," so I guess it comes down to how close you want to get. I could say I've approached the sound of my 5D6, but still have not recreated the essential character of the tone.

Last edited:
Have you managed to get the sound of the Magnatone Model 180 using the Deluxe Reverb sim? The Magnatone uses 5881/6L6 output tubes, not the 7408/6V6GT tubes from the Deluxe Reverb. I've requested a schematic for the Magnatone but have not gotten any response.

FWIW, I've spent a great deal of time trying to recreate the sound of my 5D6 circuit Bassman with the 5F6A circuit 59 Bassman sim. The schematics are similar except for the phase splitter and the voltage regulator, but I've been unable to really match the 5D6.

Edit: You did say "approach," so I guess it comes down to how close you want to get. I could say I've approached the sound of my 5D6, but still have not recreated the essential character of the tone.
Magnatone 213 is easy to get with the Deluxe Reverb. This one is in 6V6.

Between Vox and Marshall, a good challenge : _ the Selmer Treble & Bass

cat41a.jpg

Another plug for a Little Walter sim.
img4160499.jpg
img4160468.jpg

Here's a quote from SGF from Paul Franklin, who plays with the Time Jumpers:
Franklin said:
Curt said:
I'm sure the Little Walter sounds really good...Like many other tube amps.
The Little Walter is uniquely different from all of the tube amps I have tried....The ones in my arsenal are...Bassman, Princeton, Twin Reverb, Mesa Boogie, Soldano, Deluxe, and so on......For starters the Little Walter is voiced to let through more clear bottom end without creating the piercing highs as I go up the neck as all of these amps listed above do when I get the bottom end dialed in to my satisfaction.....Second, it uses octal preamp tubes.....Only a couple of my older vintage amps use older preamp tubes....All of the reissues and most modern boutique amps use preamp tubes made in modern times......Andy Reiss is the latest convert and prior to it the newest amp he owns was built in 66....The difference in this amp is why known players are purchasing.........Paul

Back
Top Bottom