Amp sim requests

Wizard modern classic (pictures)
VHT 2150 poweramp (the means to mix and match pre and poweramps)
ADA mp-1 preamp (clean and lead)
Not amps but:
Mills acoustics 2x12 and 4x12
EMB audio remote wah

wizardnt8.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

LordOVchaoS said:
]

Count me in. I can get close to my ol' SE with the Energyball but as Larrikin666 said, it just ain't the same. I have the schematic...

Now, let's take votes on which channel with which switches engaged we want :D

chopshop777 said:
More Diezel and More Engl Amps please, pretty please with sugar on top.

NomadFX said:
I have yet to post on these forums but I find it fitting that my first would be in this thread. I've had my Axe-FX for half of a year now and my favorite amp models include the ENERGYBALL and the 5105.

However... I would love to see an ENGL Invader sim.

1) I do not have the amp itself but I'm sure someone does and is willing to allow it to be used for the sim.

2) Reasons for this suggestion: The ENGL Invader series is the best of ENGL's amplifiers. For the sim I'd recommend something along the lines of what Channel 4 represents. That being an excellent high gain modern tone for both Metal and Rock guitarists alike as well as, in my opinion, the best lead tone out of any single amplifier. It has a warmth and depth that are unparalleled and though you can already obtain an amazing lead tone with the Axe-FX at the moment, the Invader model would surely replace most if not all of the amps I use for my lead patches. To add to what I've already stated I could see the ENGL Invader being the amp that becomes the next 5150 in the modern rock/metal world making it an excellent fit to the Axe-FX's already extensive list of amp sims.

All of these! I would love to see the Invader or the Savage in the Axe. ;)

Supro 24

Schematic: http://www.classictubeamps.com/schemati ... 0S6424.pdf

It has 6973 power tubes that sound amazing and no other power tube can sound like them.
I do have 2 old Valco designed 6973 circuits that I could send to help design the sim.

These amps produce great cleans and the cranked up power tube break-up nails that early Zeppelin tone.
They also have great Tremelo circuits.

Cliff, Pleeeeeeeeese!
DawnOfIniquity said:
OK, I know I am not the only one that wants a grinding, tight, high gain SOLID STATE preamp sim. In my opinion, it is the only thing missing from the most versatile piece of guitar equipment on the planet.

I would suggest the Randall RG100HT preamp. This would be great for anyone looking for Pantera tone, Crowbar, White Zombie, George Lynch's tone in Dokken, and Def Leppard

Another great solid state preamp is the Marshall Valvestate, but I think the Brit Pre sim gets pretty close with the power amp turned off, so it might be kind of redundant. But I don't think there is anything that sounds just like a high gain Randall solid state preamp in the Axe.

Here is a picture of the front and the insides:
January2010022.jpg

January2010023.jpg

Here is a schematic for the RG100ES head preamp, which I am pretty sure is the exact same preamp found in the rack Rg100HT version.
RG100ESschematic.png

Sauerkret said:
Wizard modern classic (pictures)
VHT 2150 poweramp (the means to mix and match pre and poweramps)
ADA mp-1 preamp (clean and lead)
Not amps but:
Mills acoustics 2x12 and 4x12
EMB audio remote wah

wizardnt8.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

edited with wizard modern guts shots.

knoll said:
Cliff, Pleeeeeeeeese!
DawnOfIniquity said:
OK, I know I am not the only one that wants a grinding, tight, high gain SOLID STATE preamp sim. In my opinion, it is the only thing missing from the most versatile piece of guitar equipment on the planet.

I would suggest the Randall RG100HT preamp. This would be great for anyone looking for Pantera tone, Crowbar, White Zombie, George Lynch's tone in Dokken, and Def Leppard

Another great solid state preamp is the Marshall Valvestate, but I think the Brit Pre sim gets pretty close with the power amp turned off, so it might be kind of redundant. But I don't think there is anything that sounds just like a high gain Randall solid state preamp in the Axe.

January2010022.jpg

January2010023.jpg

Here is a schematic for the RG100ES head preamp, which I am pretty sure is the exact same preamp found in the rack Rg100HT version.
RG100ESschematic.png

Need that Randall badly. And actually the valvestate which the person this guys is quoting says is pretty close, actually has cleaner and more defined high gain. But any of these 2 will do... but the problem is that I think the engineer Cliff is not modeling solid state amps because I am getting word and slowly discovering that the Axe FX is a tube amp modeler, not a solid state amp modeler.

Supro 24

Schematic: http://www.classictubeamps.com/schemati ... 0S6424.pdf

It has 6973 power tubes that sound amazing and no other power tube can sound like them.
I do have 2 old Valco designed 6973 circuits that I could send to help design the sim.

These amps produce great cleans and the cranked up power tube break-up nails that early Zeppelin tone.
They also have great Tremelo circuits.

I gigged with one of these. It was great for club gigs, crank it with a mic in front; great with a wah and ts for solos. I love the cathode biased and tube rectifier feel. Roll off the volume and it cleans up soooo nice. Yes, great zeppelin type tone; well, really just absolutely a magic little amp. I blew mine up at a gig one night... :( and had to finish with a friends amp (peavey bravo :cry: ). I replaced the trans but it never sounded right again. The 6973 is pretty unique, somewhat similar to an el84; you could use el84's in this circuit with proper socket wiring. If I remember right, the el84 has more gain. Yes, I would love to have this amp in the axe!!!! :)

Tone_Freak said:
knoll said:
Cliff, Pleeeeeeeeese!
DawnOfIniquity said:

January2010022.jpg

January2010023.jpg

RG100ESschematic.png

Need that Randall badly. And actually the valvestate which the person this guys is quoting says is pretty close, actually has cleaner and more defined high gain. But any of these 2 will do... but the problem is that I think the engineer Cliff is not modeling solid state amps because I am getting word and slowly discovering that the Axe FX is a tube amp modeler, not a solid state amp modeler.

Nope, that argument doesn't cut it. The Roland JC-120 amp sim ("jazz") is solid state. So I don't see why we can't get a high gain solid state sim too. Also, I borrowed a friend's Marshall Valvestate head and was able to get the Brit Pre to sound almost exactly like it. With some more tweaking it could probably be indistinguishable.

Cliff, if you don't want to lose your cred with the tube amp snobs, just make a "Randall distortion pedal" in the drive pedal section. We can use that as the amp sim. That way we are happy, and you don't tarnish the beautiful list of high end tube amps with some silly solid state metal amp!

I was GASsing heavily for an Elmwood Modena M90 or M60 a few months back. Every clip I've heard of those amps has been pretty impressive.

Other past GAS objects that haven't made it into the Axe: Mako amps and Peters.

How about a Carvin Legacy? Awsome thick tone. Might save a bit of space in Mr Vai's studio too if he already has the Axe Fx!!!!

DawnOfIniquity said:
Cliff, if you don't want to lose your cred with the tube amp snobs, just make a "Randall distortion pedal" in the drive pedal section. We can use that as the amp sim. That way we are happy, and you don't tarnish the beautiful list of high end tube amps with some silly solid state metal amp!

I don't think a gem like Dimebag would ever have used something silly.

The RG Randall is not a toy - it is a reputable unit in the electric guitar industry. The best straight up American metal band in history used it. It was metal at its purest sounding form. A steel that most likely will never again be "Re-re-invented".

With that said, the Randall V2/T2s are also killer so these should definitely be modeled. Extreme metal band Katalysm uses those, as can be heard here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUNc8vA1Tg

I think the Randall RG and the Elmwood Modena are very good requests.

I just recently figured it would be a great idea to have something like a Rack-Poweramp simulation (think Mesa 2:90, etc.), so you could use the loop of the Axe to incorporate your tube-Preamp and use the Axe to colour the sound with the poweramp simulation, cab-sim, etc.

I need a ENGL invader amp sim. I thinks this is the best amp for metal, great punch and character. If I have this simulation I'll not need more amps on my life.

Back
Top Bottom