Amp sim requests

Diezel Herbert Chan 2+ or Chan 3
Diezel Einstein Chan 1 (3 modes), Chan 2
Freidman Naked
Splawn Nitro
Budda Superdrive 80
Wizard Modern Classic

My head would esplode!! lol.

+1 on all the bass sims. Make the AFX more bass friendly. The tuner doesn't even track basses correctly. I'm sure this has been said before but that's my .02.

xarkon said:
One more vote for the Marshall Major to achieve the Blackmore "Made in Japan" sound.

Schematic is here: http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/200w.gif

However, Ritchie's Majors were modded. According to http://www.dawksound.com, I believe that channel 1 is front-ended to channel 2, but there is a master volume in between the two.

Ritchie also uses a reel-to-reel deck (Aiwa? Akai M4?) in pause mode as a booster.

Dave

Check the factory preset SMOKIN'.
It's so close to that tone ....

Fender Super Reverb for SRV tones. His amps were not stock though. Don't know if this would help, but here are some mods that Ceser Diaz did to SRV's amp.

"I’d change the 68K input resistor to 100K so that we wouldn’t have so much input signal going into the tubes. The coupling capacitors would be changed to adjust the tone. I’d use a .047 or a .1 in place of a .042 cap. That’s where the tone is—in the preamp. At that time tubes were plentiful, and I used to love the Sylvania STR387 6L6’s and later on, Sylvania 415’s—they were a little bit taller than the 387’s. I preferred good old GE 12 AX7’s, and sometimes we’d use various JAN tubes, but I preferred the Sylvania 6L6’s and GE preamp tubes over anything else. We never used tube rectifiers. We always replaced them, and I don’t recall a single amp that he used that we left with a tube rectifier. What happens with tube rectifier is, not only does it get hot, but it’s right there in front of the power transformer, and it’s really susceptible to power supply spikes. When that happens, the tube will see it immediately. It’s a common complaint—“I turn on my amp and it sounds fine but by the end of the set it’s sounding really distorted.” That’s the rectifier, because they are just really inconsistent. We also changed the output transformers on the Super Reverbs to those from a Twin Reverb, and on Vibroverbs we used output transformers from a Bassman. We’d bias the amps according to whether they were heating up, and also to Stevie’s ear. We tended to overbias rather than underbias."

Got that from this Ceser Diaz interview: http://www.tonequest.com/ray.htm

Also, how about a
Lab Series L5 for that Kings X Ty Tabor tone. Ty's an endorser, and the L5 would be great for him and us! :D

Thanks!

yek said:
xarkon said:
One more vote for the Marshall Major to achieve the Blackmore "Made in Japan" sound.

Schematic is here: http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/200w.gif

However, Ritchie's Majors were modded. According to http://www.dawksound.com, I believe that channel 1 is front-ended to channel 2, but there is a master volume in between the two.

Ritchie also uses a reel-to-reel deck (Aiwa? Akai M4?) in pause mode as a booster.

Dave

Check the factory preset SMOKIN'.
It's so close to that tone ....

Which preset #?

EDIT - NVM - I looked it up - it is #230.
With that name, though, I would expect a configuration to sound like Tom Scholz/Boston from the first album. Or maybe it's supposed to be "Smoke on the Water?" I'll have a listen.

Thanks,

Dave

OldNo.7 said:
Lab Series L5 for that Kings X Ty Tabor tone. Ty's an endorser, and the L5 would be great for him and us! :D

Thanks!

been asking for a while now, even supplied schematics and offered my amp. Not sure it can be added, or if Cliff thinks it is reproducable already (i dont think it can).

Marshall Vintage Modern

I'm in love with this amp at the moment (the 50watt variant to be exact).

Key Features/why it's unique:

- KT66 tubes.
- 2 preamp gains (1 bright & 1 dark) which are blendable so that you can sculpt the character of the amp to suit.
- Dynamic range switch which kicks in an extra preamp tube when depressed & bypasses it when not. This in effect toggles between a stock vintage Marshall & a hot-rodded modified Marshall (changing the dynamic feel of the amp, while also adding an extra kick of gain) but still retains all of the benefits of a single channel amp.
- Mid-Boost button that modifies the amps voicing to give it a more pronounced mid-range.

I don't think that there's currently a sim in the Axe that has a KT66 vintage voicing but with the additional gain capabilities & harmonic response of a modded Marshall. Also, if Cliff could make the sim as touch responsive & sensitive to the guitars controls as the real thing then it would be STONKING! :)

I don't have one to provide for dissecting I'm afraid, but Marshall are generally very friendly people & their amps are usually quite easy to find wherever you happen to be in the world.

...it would make me a very happy bunny if a Vintage Modern popped up in my Ultra. :)

Seems the Marsha BE & HBE out-Splawn the Splawn...IMO. Have pretty good experience with Splawn Quick Rod & thought it was awesome, but Im totally lovin the Marsha sims.

dpeterson said:
OldNo.7 said:

Thanks!

been asking for a while now, even supplied schematics and offered my amp. Not sure it can be added, or if Cliff thinks it is reproducable already (i dont think it can).

He can add it I think it's a question of priority at this point. But it still needs to be done for sure.

I think a first post being a wish list is a good place to start:

1) Silvertone 1484 Twin Twelve (because we don't have any vintage department store amps yet and this one has become a classic recently)
2) Orange Tiny Terror (because it inspired a modern movement of low watt, lunchbox style heads and nothing sounds quite like it)
3) Fender Tweed Deluxe 5e3/Champ 5f1 (because they're classics and nothing quite sounds like a small, low watt tweed)

+1 for Carvin stuff (legacy or 100B).... Also +1 for the lonestar and stiletto... Yes Im an andy timmons fan as well as a Vai fan :D

KITTY HAWK QUATTRO TUBE PREAMP!!!!!

SO HARD TO FIND & THEY SOUND GREAT!!!

Cliff... I have 3 of these... If you decide to do it & need to see the inside of mine I'm willing to send you one of them along with a schematic that I have on hand.

These are so killer!!!

Back
Top Bottom