Amp sim requests

Something I'd love to see done would be either a Matchless Independence drive channel or a Badcat Hot Cat drive channel. I have tried to achieve something close to these tones but it isn't really something you can truly recreate using other amps. The crunchy yet clean/clear drive tone is unmistakable and unique to both these amps

Lab Series L5 & L7 both channels! Then I can not only be 'tube' free I can be 'amp' free (Mrs will love me getting rid of them too!) :D

ESP MM-270 said:
Lab Series L5 & L7 both channels! Then I can not only be 'tube' free I can be 'amp' free (Mrs will love me getting rid of them too!) :D

make sure it's the low input on the 2nd channel :) not holding my breath though, been at least a few years since i've been asking.

dpeterson said:
ESP MM-270 said:

make sure it's the low input on the 2nd channel :) not holding my breath though, been at least a few years since i've been asking.

Sorry my bad, what he said! Yeah, we've been asking for ages, nothing quite like them huh :)

Boutique Stuff:

1.) All three channels of the Demeter TGP-3 Three Channel Preamp. (Good luck finding one!)
2.) Cameron CCV 100 Watt Head
3.) Voodoo Amps V Rock Head with the Brutal Gain mod added
4.) Kitty Hawk M1 Head (Again good luck finding one)
5.) Kitty Hawk Quattro Preamp

Pedalwise:

1.) Moollon Chorus
2.) S.I.B. Varidrive
3.) Majik Box Rocket Fuel Boost/O.D.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks!!

You won't have luck with that Moollon. The manual states that the target of the Axe is not to replicate stompboxes (except for unique drive circuits), but to present the ideal version of a given effect (such as chorus) in one algorithm. IOW, you'll be able to replicate the Moollon with ease.

Fryette Pittbull Ultra-Lead

Reason: I've never played with many amps, but among those which I have, this baby's got the most focused lead tone.

dpeterson said:
Broken record here... lab series L series... channel 2 low input.

Lab_Series_L5_L7_L9_L11_scheme.jpeg

My record is broken as well...

There are a bunch of Steel Players out there starting to look at the Fractal now...

it might be worth looking at the following amps:

Peavey Nashville 400
Evans amps
Polytone Taurus (or various other models)

On the guitar side....

Carvin Legacy I & II
KittyHawk quattro tube preamp
Kasha Rockmod preamp
Lee Jackson Perfect connection preamp (rising in popularity again & fixing to be re-released)
Lee Jackson xls-1000 amp

right_to_rage said:
Deizel Herbert
- Tighter low end than the VH4, smoother, and overall better evil metal tones from what i've heard :twisted:

+100000000000

This would probably be my favorite amp sim! I bet they are not going to make this one since they prolly think it can be achieved with the Das Metall sim.

Clark Kent said:
[quote="right_to_rage":5dhhe1gp]Deizel Herbert
- Tighter low end than the VH4, smoother, and overall better evil metal tones from what i've heard :twisted:

+100000000000

This would probably be my favorite amp sim! I bet they are not going to make this one since they prolly think it can be achieved with the Das Metall sim.[/quote:5dhhe1gp]

Herbert > VH4

I don't own either but I've put plenty of time into both to know the VH4 gets a little boring at times and the Herbert is a beast.

King Camel said:
Something I'd love to see done would be either a Matchless Independence drive channel or a Badcat Hot Cat drive channel. I have tried to achieve something close to these tones but it isn't really something you can truly recreate using other amps. The crunchy yet clean/clear drive tone is unmistakable and unique to both these amps

I haven't played an independence, but I've tried a few badcats and loved it. The hot cat was awesome, would love to have it in the axe. The lynx is very nice also.

Back
Top Bottom