Aliasing Tests Ver 2.0

Maybe some people are a bit used to these runaway frequencies, and when you remove them completely, there will be a request for a "Classic" mode :lol

Cliff doesn't bash other companies, except Monster Cable and UPS (but they bash back), I believe? ;) Well, there might be one or two...

Maybe not in the original post but if you keep reading you can see posts from Fractal people that seem to be more focused in demonstrating the KPA aliasing (mocking included) than anything else.

Hmmmm, what was the context of that - here is a recent opinion of Fender by Cliff?
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/52438-fender-awesome.html#post670682
Maybe he lied again... ;) ;)

I didn't save the link, but here is the full quote...:
Absolutely amazing. It never ceases to amaze me how corporate greed can go to such lengths. I can understand trademarking the headstock as it's decorative. But the body shape is functional. Their argument is like saying that Coca-Cola's trademark bottle shape includes any bottle with a wide base and a small opening. A minor change in body shape should be enough to not be infringing upon the trademark. Even worse is they're trying to do all this after the fact. Fender just joined my ever-growing list of companies I will never purchase another product from (including Gibson, Monster Cable, Sony, et al).
Anyway, that's not really bashing... ;)

The Line6 stuff, at least up through the POD Pro, would do a 'woooiiihh' when striking a pitch in the last half octave. The lack of that in the Axe told me a lot.

As soon as you distort you create tons of high frequencies.

Which is something I've had in mind for many years. What exactly determines the harmonics generated? And is there a way to reduce or remove them pre-output?

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but when I read this post I had to.. You are a prophet man!! Cliff has discovered that quantum harmonic balance! :-D
Very interesting! Thank you For sharing Cliff.

Honestly, I was really concerned when I sold my Mark IV rig for the Axe-Fx a few years back but after seeing the level of support, communication and commitment to the customers, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

The Axe-Fx II has blown me away, it is everything I dreamed of having all in 1 box.

With that said I have no doubt that some future version will benefit from these experiments, Cliff will discover some Quantum harmonic balancing that only a few could understand..... Or something like that :)

Seriously Thanks Man

Cliff doesn't bash other companies, except Monster Cable and UPS (but they bash back), I believe? ;) Well, there might be one or two...

Did me a quick search:

It seems Cliff hardly has any suppliers left... :p

What's the beef with monster? I know people think they're overpriced and all that, but I like having a lifetime guarantee on my cables and as soon as I redid my old analog board with all monster patch cables all the noise was gone. I know any good shielded cable will do that, but I've always found Monster to be solid and have gotten cables replaced very quickly if they ever fail.

But what about brand X "Smiley" You have been using brand X "Smiley"
Hubba Hubba Hubba who do you trust ? who do you trust..?
brand axe for me ...

Last edited:
You mentioned you used the Synth block within the Axe-FX to generate the source signal - would that not favour the Axe-FX in the tests as the clock speeds and processing rates are equivalent? Did you test the samples within the same Axe-FX unit as was generating the Synth signals, or did you 'chain' two units together, one as the source and one as the recipient?

Can't help but agree with the sentiment - it's not fair to generate a tone within one unit, but test the other two from the input. Regardless of whether there's a "logical" difference or not, it's simply not a scientific or fair test. A tone blasted into the analog input of the Axe-Fx in the same manner as was done to the other two units is the only way to make this remotely "fair".

I'd also be curious to see an updated version of this test (or similar)!

Back
Top Bottom