AITR

Is there, or could there be, a way to add some inexpensive memory? Maybe that could be a feature made available on the next generation of hardware, expansion slots...?

Last edited:
Ideally, the storage space for presets and IRs would behave more like a regular disk drive: you can upload new ones as long as there is space available. But that would require adding a file system, a preset mapping system, messaging to the editors and backup software, additional code to make it all work without switching delays, etc... But it would be awesome. I have no need for thousands of IRs, but I'd love to have more presets on the MK1, for instance.

Some answers:

1. This will currently only be available on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. Our other products do not have the NV memory to store the large IRs.
Haven’t cracked my 3MKI open and I’m not a dig-aud hardware engineer, but it seems like a cryin’ shame that the ability to augment NV memory (or other hardware-based capabilities) with a “daughter card” wasn’t baked into the design. I assume there are excellent reasons why not — can’t wait to be schooled.

Haven’t cracked my 3MKI open and I’m not a dig-aud hardware engineer, but it seems like a cryin’ shame that the ability to augment NV memory (or other hardware-based capabilities) with a “daughter card” wasn’t baked into the design. I assume there are excellent reasons why not — can’t wait to be schooled.

You go on the assumption that FAS can anticipate every innovation that they will come up with in the future. Clearly they figured some things out, and issued the MKII.

+1 on less IR slots.

Is it about the length of a regular IR or is it about placing actıal room mics and shooting IRs. If it’s actual room mic IRs than i am pretty sure most did not bother with room mics as they were shooting/building their IR packs.

edit: Cliff wrote actually, primary use is for room MICs!
Off axis and cab PZM files shot with a 500 ms impulse do give you a bit of room flavor.

It's all about how one mixes them in so it doesn't sound like a bad demo.

Now I have this song in repeat in my head because of this €&@“ sample 😡🤣

Mk1 users : put a reverb room 😅

That one is a really good example of a miming gig with an amp that was recorded in a much smaller room than the video. The irony is very much appreciated.

AITR IRs definitely seem really impressive for use on headphones or in a small studio. Some of us have other ways of creating or recreating room ambience. It would seem a shame to lose memory at the expense of this (I'm an AFX III Mk 1 owner), but I am sure Fractal will find a way. They always do.

Liam

If possible, you could make it adjustable so users could pick how many of each slot type they want to allocate in the given memory space. I only have about 25 or so user cabs loaded in my MK1 III, and ironically they are all far field IRs, so... 🤷‍♂️

1. This will currently only be available on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. Our other products do not have the NV memory to store the large IRs. I will look into ways of possibly supporting this on the other products. The Mark II has double the NV memory of the Mark I. All the NV memory on the Mark I is allocated. If the demand is great enough one possibility is to reduce the number of slots in the User IR banks and allocate the freed memory to FullRes slots.

I personally use very few of the custom IR slots, so personally I'd be all for reclaiming some slots.

Normally after posts like this those guys come running out from everywhere 😂
The unique situation of needing to hoard IRs on unit got even more unique-e-er. Those people probably already have a MkII anyway.

Personally, I got one so I can have RGB Gamer lights ‘in the room.’

Will you provide these longer IRs so that we can load them up inside the CabLab application or will you constrain them to the hardware units?

As an Axe FX III MK I owner, I'd happily part with a big chunk of the extra IR slots just to make room for at least 4 or 5 of these longer IRs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom