Advice on guitar for Pink Floyd tribute band

No, same amount of effort for both guitars (hammers and pull offs)
This is strange. Same pickup (at the same height?) requires more effort from the fretting hand for hammer-ons and pull-offs. Presumably same rig/volume/room/monitor? The first thing i think of is a mechanical issue, but that would usually show up when unplugged.

More effort to achieve... what? Same volume? A note sounding at all? Or something else?

Yes strange. Pickup heights are the same. Testing with same presets of course, just unplugging one guitar and plugging the other. More efforts to achieve full sounding notes. With this guitar it sounds like there is much less gain. That's my main issue in fact ; let's say that with all my superstrat guitars, a gain of 6 in the amp block are optimal for soloing with hammers/pull offs. With this guitar I would need the gain on 9

More efforts to achieve full sounding notes. With this guitar it sounds like there is much less gain. That's my main issue in fact ; let's say that with all my superstrat guitars, a gain of 6 in the amp block are optimal for soloing with hammers/pull offs. With this guitar I would need the gain on 9
Do those two different gain settings also sound like the same amount of gain?

almost ; with more gain the amp sounds less tight of course
I'm REALLy perplexed with this :) maybe I should record dry tracks of both guitars ; would you check them ?

almost ; with more gain the amp sounds less tight of course
I'm REALLy perplexed with this :) maybe I should record dry tracks of both guitars ; would you check them ?
Sure.

At this point, I'm suspecting it's something mechanical. Like maybe you're right on the edge of fret buzz — not enough to be heard as buzz, but enough to rob some energy from the strings. Can you check neck relief?

Back
Top Bottom