Adobe Sucks

I needed it for Lightroom because I have years of sports photography cataloged, and my workflows were in Photoshop, but I'm tired of their subscription service and see no reason to encourage their continuous blood-letting. In general I think the software subscription services suck.
I dont know. For a product like Lightroom, maybe yea. But for a product like Slate, I have access to how many thousands of dollars of plugins for 150 bucks a year? To realize the benefit over owning them, I’d have to shell out 5 figures worth of money today to realize a savings somewhere in my 70s when I dont even know if I’ll be able to hear anymore to actually use the stuff. In that instance, I do like the subscription model. I also like the presonus subscription model. I’m always going to stay current on my DAW. Seeing how they release a major update/upgrade every 2 years or so, there is no savings in owning it and by subbing I have access to tons of other stuff (which granted I never use but hey its there if I get bored).

Gibson just told me to throw my 1500 dollar KRK monitors in the river because I’m SOL for a new tweeter. They no longer support a monitor they sold 5 years ago. Cant fix it, cant sell me a replacement part and cant recommend a solution outside of buy a new pair. Yea it sucks, yea its shit service but they can sure do it.
Time to buy some Adams, then....

I bought a copy of Adobe Audition from some backwater place that still had one on the shelf back when this whole mess started. Used it for a little while before getting an iMac with Reason and exporting all my Audition sessions to a WAV format Logic could understand, and stored my old PC for future file spelunking. More and more, it looks like the USA is less of a country and more of a collection of corporations with an army, with 330 million wage slaves living in a gigantic tax plantation....

Tech Support / Customer Service pretty much sucks everywhere these days. Especially at these large companies. It's all overseas and quite often tendered out to the lowest bidders. It's an overhead cost that no one wants to pay for. Getting worse all the time.

Time to buy some Adams, then....
Interestingly………I also own a set of original 15 year old Adam A7s. THOSE tweeters went on me (they started smoking, pure pilot error and stupidity, interesting back story……do not send a 16k sine wave thru your monitors for any length of time. Just because you cant hear it doesnt mean its not there….) I emailed Adam, who 300 dollars later sent me 2 tweeters to replace the burned ones.

Everyone says not to worry with Gibson buying Mesa (who also bought KRK) . Wait until they stop making the MKV and you need a part. They’ll tell you to throw your amp in the river, too. Meanwhile when Mesa was Mesa they’d fix your original MKI.

Tech Support / Customer Service pretty much sucks everywhere these days. Especially at these large companies. It's all overseas and quite often tendered out to the lowest bidders. It's an overhead cost that no one wants to pay for. Getting worse all the time.
<heavyindianmaleaccent>
Hello, my name is Stacy. How may I be helping you, please?
</heavyindianmaleaccent>

Gibson just told me to throw my 1500 dollar KRK monitors in the river because I’m SOL for a new tweeter. They no longer support a monitor they sold 5 years ago. Cant fix it, cant sell me a replacement part and cant recommend a solution outside of buy a new pair. Yea it sucks, yea its shit service but they can sure do it.
Have you tried one of the speaker reconing/parts shops on the web? Just did a quick search and found one with a number of KRK parts.

I managed to snag a NOS midrange driver for my original Infinity RS4 speakers (purchased in 1983) from one such vendor.

I can't help but think of this monologue from one of my favorite films, Network, delivered by the recently departed Ned Beatty:

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!! Is that clear?! You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale?

You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state -- Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality -- one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused.

Have you tried one of the speaker reconing/parts shops on the web? Just did a quick search and found one with a number of KRK parts.

I managed to snag a NOS midrange driver for my original Infinity RS4 speakers (purchased in 1983) from one such vendor.
I got my blown tweeter squared away locally, but the answer from gibson was unacceptable.

I have a couple of older Adobe products. I do not have subscriptions, I have the original CDs for legally purchased versions. I recently upgraded to a new computer and wanted to install these products. Turns out there have been updates to the products that occurred before the products were reissued as a subscription. The updates were previously available as free downloads on Adobe's web site. I went to the website to download the updates and received a message that these files are no longer available as the versions I own are no longer supported. I am not asking for support. I just want access to the upgrade files for the versions I paid for and own.

This is clearly an attempt to force me to purchase the new subscription version that I don’t need. I think this is simply wrong! If you sell a product you should keep the upgrade files available for circumstances like mine. I agree with you that they suck!
Exactly. I just built a new computer and have the CDs for Creative Suite. There's a known bug that Acrobat stops working 30 days after being installed. I've been through this before. There's a file called acrofix.exe that fixes the bug. The link to the file is broken and Adobe stonewalled me for nearly an hour rather than providing me the friggin' file. If they think this is going to make me upgrade it only strengthens my resolve to never use their products again.

I can't help but think of this monologue from one of my favorite films, Network, delivered by the recently departed Ned Beatty:

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!! Is that clear?! You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale?

You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state -- Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality -- one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused.
We're "mad as hell", and we're "not going to take it any more!"

(one of my top 10 also)

Last edited:
Agreed - what I don't get is why these large companies don't understand how important this aspect of their business is - I'm guessing many a valued customer has been lost due to these rediculous support call experiences.

Agreed - what I don't get is why these large companies don't understand how important this aspect of their business is - I'm guessing many a valued customer has been lost due to these rediculous support call experiences.
Many of these companies are so large and have such dominance in the marketplace, it doesn't affect them. Unfortunately, most of us just have to "deal with it", as we depend on their products/services.

In my recent experiences, I have to say that SiriusXM is easily one of the worst I've dealt with.

If you're just using Adobe Acrobat for viewing PDF's, it's awful. Slow bloatware.

I swapped to Sumatra a couple years back and have loved it ever since. It opens PDF's as fast as notepad opens TXT files. It's amazing. It can't edit PDF's or anything, but as a viewer, you can't beat it.

Back
Top Bottom