Adobe Sucks

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I just spent an hour with "Ganesh" trying to fix Acrobat not opening. There is a link in there support area to a file that fixes the EXACT problem I am having but the link is broken.

Went something like this:
A: Welcome to Adobe automated support. What is your issue?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file but the link is broken.

A: Can you be more specific? Is your problem related to registering your software?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file. The link is broken. I can't imagine being any more specific than that.

A: Please wait while we transfer you to a representative.

Jeopardy music.......

A: Hi, this is Consuela. How can I help you?

A: I'm sorry I don't understand.

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file referenced in this page (provides html address) but the link is broken.

A: Can you be more specific? Is this a registration issue?

Me: (Argggggghhhhhhh). I need a file. There is a link to said file but the link is broken.

A: Let me transfer you to tech support.

More Jeopardy music........

A: Hi, this is Ganesh, what is being the nature of your problem?

A: Can you be more specific?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file referenced in this page (provides html address) but the link is broken.

A: What is you account information?

Me: Provides info.

A: I do not see an active subscription.

Me: I don't have a "subscription". I have physical media that I bought that does not work. The file I need will make it work.

A: What is the serial number?

Me: What do you need that. I'm not looking for a cure for world hunger. I just need the file but the link is broken.

A: I cannot assist without a serial number.

Me: Ugh, where do I find that?

A: It would be provided with your subscription.

Me: Once again, I do not have a "subscription". I have physical media.

A: What is the version:

Me: Acrobat 10.1.16.

A: I can't help you with that.

Me: What? Just give me the friggin' file. There's a link. The file must be somewhere.

A: I will be referring you to online support. You can post your question there.

Me: Just give me the damned file for chrissakes.

Back and forth for 15 minutes.

Me: Go f*ck yourself.

I have a couple of older Adobe products. I do not have subscriptions, I have the original CDs for legally purchased versions. I recently upgraded to a new computer and wanted to install these products. Turns out there have been updates to the products that occurred before the products were reissued as a subscription. The updates were previously available as free downloads on Adobe's web site. I went to the website to download the updates and received a message that these files are no longer available as the versions I own are no longer supported. I am not asking for support. I just want access to the upgrade files for the versions I paid for and own.

This is clearly an attempt to force me to purchase the new subscription version that I don’t need. I think this is simply wrong! If you sell a product you should keep the upgrade files available for circumstances like mine. I agree with you that they suck!

Yeah ever since they went to the subscription model, it's a shit show.
This
I have a couple of older Adobe products. I do not have subscriptions, I have the original CDs for legally purchased versions. I recently upgraded to a new computer and wanted to install these products. Turns out there have been updates to the products that occurred before the products were reissued as a subscription. The updates were previously available as free downloads on Adobe's web site. I went to the website to download the updates and received a message that these files are no longer available as the versions I own are no longer supported. I am not asking for support. I just want access to the upgrade files for the versions I paid for and own.

This is clearly an attempt to force me to purchase the new subscription version that I don’t need. I think this is simply wrong! If you sell a product you should keep the upgrade files available for circumstances like mine. I agree with you that they suck!
And this!!!

Once good company and products, too much greed always spoils a good thing

I use whatever else now, lots of modern programs to open and edit pdfs, gimp is a killer alternative and there are lots more great editing tools out there

I also HATE these stupid monthly subscription deals for a product I and most users would only use occasionally.....it's stupid and greedy, and I don't mind paying extra for a well fleshed out product and a little support. FAS is a great example of this. And if for eg I need additional products like cabs or cab lab or FAS plug-ins, I can just purchase them, no sweat

I guess the argument can be made that these huge companies have large staff and need to pay them for 'support' but how often do these products get updated? Cliff sometimes spits out 3 firmwares a day if there are bugs, and at no extra cost - you purchase a stellar product with support. I don't even mind paying 3000 or more for an axe fx because it's amazing what's in there

Maybe if I was using photoshop or something for my large photography dependant business I'd consider it, but for most users, it's overkill. I'll prefer buy the product at a slightly higher one time price and not have to feed the corporate mouths every month. If I need additional products or support I can purchase those as needed.

The subscription business model is one of the worst deals for humans.
Bring back owning stuff!
Oh…and Indian support centers… no thanks.

Thanks
Pauly

I just spent an hour with "Ganesh" trying to fix Acrobat not opening. There is a link in there support area to a file that fixes the EXACT problem I am having but the link is broken.

Went something like this:
A: Welcome to Adobe automated support. What is your issue?

A: Can you be more specific? Is your problem related to registering your software?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file. The link is broken. I can't imagine being any more specific than that.

A: Please wait while we transfer you to a representative.

Jeopardy music.......

A: I'm sorry I don't understand.

A: Can you be more specific? Is this a registration issue?

Me: (Argggggghhhhhhh). I need a file. There is a link to said file but the link is broken.

A: Let me transfer you to tech support.

More Jeopardy music........

A: Hi, this is Ganesh, what is being the nature of your problem?

A: Can you be more specific?

A: What is you account information?

Me: Provides info.

A: I do not see an active subscription.

Me: I don't have a "subscription". I have physical media that I bought that does not work. The file I need will make it work.

A: What is the serial number?

Me: What do you need that. I'm not looking for a cure for world hunger. I just need the file but the link is broken.

A: I cannot assist without a serial number.

Me: Ugh, where do I find that?

A: It would be provided with your subscription.

Me: Once again, I do not have a "subscription". I have physical media.

A: What is the version:

Me: Acrobat 10.1.16.

A: I can't help you with that.

Me: What? Just give me the friggin' file. There's a link. The file must be somewhere.

A: I will be referring you to online support. You can post your question there.

Me: Just give me the damned file for chrissakes.

Back and forth for 15 minutes.

Me: Go f*ck yourself.

Lightroom was 10 bucks a month. That wasnt so bad. Then I subscribed to the whole bundle to get Premiere pro and check out the rest of the suite. Great program until I need to render, then it crashes my computer. Each and every time. Tech support blamed my computer. I dont know, Adobe for what it costs is kind of underwhelming me. Might go back to keeping just Lightroom again and finding another solution for video creation and editing.

I think I’m also dumping their stock. I cant be the only one disappointed in their product.

If said files actually existed for your new computer yes I agree, but you cant expect old software to be supported and run forever, either. If you poke around the internet, you’ll probably find the files you’re looking for. Someone has them, somewhere for sure.

8287d190fb746b54548224d7719ce955--lol-funny-funny-pics.jpg

Lightroom was 10 bucks a month. That wasnt so bad. Then I subscribed to the whole bundle to get Premiere pro and check out the rest of the suite. Great program until I need to render, then it crashes my computer. Each and every time. Tech support blamed my computer. I dont know, Adobe for what it costs is kind of underwhelming me. Might go back to keeping just Lightroom again and finding another solution for video creation and editing.

I think I’m also dumping their stock. I cant be the only one disappointed in their product.
I needed it for Lightroom because I have years of sports photography cataloged, and my workflows were in Photoshop, but I'm tired of their subscription service and see no reason to encourage their continuous blood-letting. In general I think the software subscription services suck.

If said files actually existed for your new computer yes I agree, but you cant expect old software to be supported and run forever, either. If you poke around the internet, you’ll probably find the files you’re looking for. Someone has them, somewhere for sure.
As I said in my post, I am not looking for support, just the upgrade files I already paid for. Many companies create a section on their web site called “Legacy Systems”. They store information and files related to these systems. Probably costs them little to nothing to maintain and buys them a whole lot of good will! If I am not mistaken Fractal is one such company.

Reactions: jon
As I said in my post, I am not looking for support, just the upgrade files I already paid for. Many companies create a section on their web site called “Legacy Systems”. They store information and files related to these systems. Probably costs them little to nothing to maintain and buys them a whole lot of good will! If I am not mistaken Fractal is one such company.
No doubt. Although I’d imagine Adobe would have quite a list of products over the decades of existence now. As I said, if they actually wrote an update for your particular product, they should provide it. As a rule, we can all buy a piece of software or even hardware for that matter and once its outside of its warranty period, the company is really under no obligation to keep that product running in perpetuity.
Gibson just told me to throw my 1500 dollar KRK monitors in the river because I’m SOL for a new tweeter. They no longer support a monitor they sold 5 years ago. Cant fix it, cant sell me a replacement part and cant recommend a solution outside of buy a new pair. Yea it sucks, yea its shit service but they can sure do it.

Back
Top Bottom