ADA MP1 Repair? Also Roland Space Echo RE-101 repair

javajunkie

Anyone know of a good place to get a MP1 repaired? I have a cople of broken jacks and I am sure this thing needs to be recapped ,plus the battery is dead on it.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

I also have a RE-101 Space Echo that has something wrong with the instrument input and the echo does not appear to be working. It worked fine a year ago, turned it on earlier this year and had issues. Anyone know of a good company that can repair?

Bro this is a disposable society we live in now. No one fixes anything worth less than a million dollars. You're talking about arts and skills that exist pretty much only in the aviation world. Where do you live? I would try calling around to avionics repair shops and see if they're willing to take a little side work. Otherwise all that's left is the UBreakIFix phone repair places and stuff like that. Perhaps there's a repair shop near you that's fixing high end stereo equipment like McIntosh amps and stuff like that.

I don’t know of anyone in the Colorado area, but try contacting Trace Davis at Voodoo Amps in NY. I’m pretty sure he has done mods to MP1s in the past and he might be able to help.

Thanks Leon, exactly what I was looking for on the MP-1

I has found a couple of place that specialize in tape echos, but covid-19 has had them down for some time.

Man, this got me remembering when I had old analog equipment that needed work.

Remember Fuzzy in Denver? Over by the old Ziggies Saloon. Dude was a cross between a leprechaun and a traumatized Vietnam vet. He could fix anything. He rebuilt my first amp. 64 Fender Vibro Champ which I still own.

Would like to know what ever happened to his massive collection of old amps and audio gear.

A little more well know was Fat Willie down on Broadway. Another weird dude that could fix anything.

Im afraid that those skills and equipment that was worth fixing are endangered species.

I actually get my amps repaired from Scooter who one of Lord Valve's interns a along time ago. He does great work. He tuned up my 66
Deluxe Reverb. I don't remember Fuzzy, but there was a place that specialized in fixing pedals and electronics in Aurora (close to Broadway). But I am sure they are gone. There is always National Speaker and Sound, but who knows who is doing repairs there now.

I will probably just try and repair the MP1 myself. It still sounds good. So just giving the battery mod and new input and output jack should be fine.

There I will probably just keep reaching out to the few shop across the country that do Tape Echo repair. I don't know why I put RE-101 in the post. It is not the pedal is the tape machine an RE-150.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom