Acoustic sim 1024 cab

Thanks Java.

Just tried to load the load the IRs using the editor but it won't let me. Comes up with an error
'The file has the incorrect size for a user cabinet.......'

How do you load these?

Thanks

John

vaxed said:
Thanks Java.

Just tried to load the load the IRs using the editor but it won't let me. Comes up with an error
'The file has the incorrect size for a user cabinet.......'

How do you load these?

Thanks

John

Use AlbertA's utility.

http://guitarlogic.org/index.php?topic=6630.0

On any patch on the axe-fx , go to the cab block and turn the cab type the the user space you want it to load to, then load up the syx in albert utilty and send to the axefx.

Downloaded the Utility but get an error message when trying to load the IR
Failed Loading file..........( Could not get audio input stream from input file)

Any Ideas?

Thanks

John

vaxed said:
Downloaded the Utility but get an error message when trying to load the IR
Failed Loading file..........( Could not get audio input stream from input file)

Any Ideas?

Thanks

John

There are two cab IRs and the patch, do you get the error with both IRs? It worked fine for me, you didn't select the Patch by mistake?

I'm thinkin Cliff needs to incorporate this in 6.x. Very real sounding.. almost jumbo body sounding to me.

Is there an actual difference between the 1024 and the 2x version after your additional tweaks? I can't remember how long that impulse I found was, although it makes sense that it could take a little longer to die off since it's essentially a small wooden reverb chamber.

scarr said:
Is there an actual difference between the 1024 and the 2x version after your additional tweaks? I can't remember how long that impulse I found was, although it makes sense that it could take a little longer to die off since it's essentially a small wooden reverb chamber.

Yes, there is information (first peak after is about -16db) in the wave file after 1024 samples. After 2048 there is still a little activity, but I doubt it would be audible.

Thanks again for this Java :D
Been using it live for a few weeks now and it's great.
Much easier than trying to change to an Acoustic option on my VG strat.
Sounds cool using the Strat neck pickup and Neck(Coil tapped) on My PRS.

Cheers

John

Hey, those clips sound really great! However, when I use the preset with my Les Paul, it still sounds very electric..and I seem to be too much of a noob to tweak it right. If you have one, would it be possible to try it with a les paul or something similar and make it sound as great with that? Those clips man, they really sound acoustic! And I can hear it's trying to work with my guitar but just not quite getting there=)

I've tried removing some bass, adding treble and fiddling with the middle, but I just can't get it right.

danielodland said:
Hey, those clips sound really great! However, when I use the preset with my Les Paul, it still sounds very electric..and I seem to be too much of a noob to tweak it right. If you have one, would it be possible to try it with a les paul or something similar and make it sound as great with that? Those clips man, they really sound acoustic! And I can hear it's trying to work with my guitar but just not quite getting there=)

I've tried removing some bass, adding treble and fiddling with the middle, but I just can't get it right.

If I get a chance, I try and mess with it. I'm going ti guess, lower mids need to be cut for a les paul.

I just stumbled over this one - how cool is this? Just want to say thanks for sharing, Java! Have to try it out as soon as possible.

Michael

javajunkie said:
vaxed said:
Yip, tried both and get the same error.
What version of JAva are you running?

i gave you the wrong link, you are probably using an older utility:

Try this one:
http://guitarlogic.org/axefx_ir/Axe-FxI ... _1.2.0.jar
hi java,
downloaded albertA´s converter with this second link, but can´t send the .syx files to the axe fx...strange also, in the link the title says ...v6.beta_2.0.jar, and when i´ve installed the program in the help/about menu it says version 1.1...?

just to get that right...i take a totaly blank preset, put in a cab block, and go f.e. to user cab #5, then i open the converter, adjust my midi output (in my case my alesis firewire/ i actually also tried it with my gordius little giant usb device, but failed as well...), open the .syx file and press send to axe fx...(i don´t have to change buffer size, which is 256 in my case, and buffer delay, which is 90 ms...or anything else...?
i can see the imported .syx file in the conveter, and the converter (after showing the warning message: are you sure you want to overwrite the IR...) also shows "finished sending IRs"...but i don´t have any output on my axe..when i go to other user cabs, i do have output, so there´s everything o.k. here....???
but maybe it´s got sthg. to do with the way i downloeded the .syx files...when i right clicked and tried to save the files, it always wanted th store .html files...so i changed the ending to .syx and hoped that would work...maybe that´s the reason...?
and just to be sure...the four .syx files are all IRs, not patches, right?

thanks a lot, java!
rudi

Back
Top Bottom