1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Acoustic sim 1024 cab

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Preset and Cab Exchange' started by javajunkie, Oct 12, 2008.

1. prometh

prometh
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Thanks, but I couldn't get that to sound like an acoustic guitar

Here's a new recorded attempt: http://audioboo.fm/boos/212418

constructive criticism is encouraged

2. Spawn-X

Spawn-X
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Nice tone except the buzz that is not killed by gate while notes are playing. But I thing it's probably because of a fat comp ratio and so much EQ on treble. Hard to kill them all ;)...

Personally, I don't like chorus on acoustic guitars. So, I don't talk about it.

3. Spawn-X

Spawn-X
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yes, I was listening the sample a second time, and I must say it's really close to a real acoustic (on the first part of course). Except on the killer bend, naturally. ;)...

4. Spawn-X

Spawn-X
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Hope you'll share the patch ;).

5. prometh

prometh
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

The buzz comes from the Boss AC-3 pedal, and I can't get rid of it. I tried a PEQ but it covers so many frequencies that removing it killed the sparkle.

And there're only 2 bends in there, and to me sound no less acoustic-like than the rest of it... unless you're referring to the tremolo, which isn't a bend

And sure, here's the patch. But you'll need a real Boss AC-3 running through the fx loop; the IR you'll find sounds nothing like it. Its knob settings are mode:jumbo, tone:5, body:5, reverb:0, volume:10

[attachment=0:2f88oarh]Acoustic Sim.syx.zip[/attachment:2f88oarh]
    The bottom line for me is the Boss AC-3 makes the strings sound more like acoustic strings, whereas the acoustic chamber IR supplies the wood sound.

To get the sound of the recording, add some kind of an EQ at the end with 200Hz at -12dB, 1200Hz at -8.5dB and 3500Hz at +10dB. Things sounded different live than when recorded and I haven't done any further work on the patch yet

Attached Files:

6. axedude

axedude
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Has anyone done an updated version of this for the AXE FX III ??