Acoustic sim 1024 cab

Nice tone except the buzz that is not killed by gate while notes are playing. But I thing it's probably because of a fat comp ratio and so much EQ on treble. Hard to kill them all ;)...

Personally, I don't like chorus on acoustic guitars. So, I don't talk about it.

Yes, I was listening the sample a second time, and I must say it's really close to a real acoustic (on the first part of course). Except on the killer bend, naturally. ;)...

The buzz comes from the Boss AC-3 pedal, and I can't get rid of it. I tried a PEQ but it covers so many frequencies that removing it killed the sparkle.

And there're only 2 bends in there, and to me sound no less acoustic-like than the rest of it... unless you're referring to the tremolo, which isn't a bend

And sure, here's the patch. But you'll need a real Boss AC-3 running through the fx loop; the IR you'll find sounds nothing like it. Its knob settings are mode:jumbo, tone:5, body:5, reverb:0, volume:10

[attachment=0:2f88oarh]Acoustic Sim.syx.zip[/attachment:2f88oarh]
The bottom line for me is the Boss AC-3 makes the strings sound more like acoustic strings, whereas the acoustic chamber IR supplies the wood sound.

To get the sound of the recording, add some kind of an EQ at the end with 200Hz at -12dB, 1200Hz at -8.5dB and 3500Hz at +10dB. Things sounded different live than when recorded and I haven't done any further work on the patch yet

Attachments

• Acoustic Sim.syx.zip
    568 bytes · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom