javajunkie said:
vaxed said:
Yip, tried both and get the same error.
What version of JAva are you running?

i gave you the wrong link, you are probably using an older utility:

Try this one:
http://guitarlogic.org/axefx_ir/Axe-FxI ... _1.2.0.jar
hi java,
downloaded albertA´s converter with this second link, but can´t send the .syx files to the axe fx...strange also, in the link the title says ...v6.beta_2.0.jar, and when i´ve installed the program in the help/about menu it says version 1.1...?

just to get that right...i take a totaly blank preset, put in a cab block, and go f.e. to user cab #5, then i open the converter, adjust my midi output (in my case my alesis firewire/ i actually also tried it with my gordius little giant usb device, but failed as well...), open the .syx file and press send to axe fx...(i don´t have to change buffer size, which is 256 in my case, and buffer delay, which is 90 ms...or anything else...?
i can see the imported .syx file in the conveter, and the converter (after showing the warning message: are you sure you want to overwrite the IR...) also shows "finished sending IRs"...but i don´t have any output on my axe..when i go to other user cabs, i do have output, so there´s everything o.k. here....???
but maybe it´s got sthg. to do with the way i downloeded the .syx files...when i right clicked and tried to save the files, it always wanted th store .html files...so i changed the ending to .syx and hoped that would work...maybe that´s the reason...?
and just to be sure...the four .syx files are all IRs, not patches, right?

thanks a lot, java!
rudi

No, just the first 2 (the larger ones). The other 2 are patches. I wouldn't use the 2048 versions though, use the 1 IR version. In that case just use the first IR, not the 2nd and the 1024 version of the preset.

Hi. Is it possible to get this acoustic IR in .wav form? I'd love to have it available on my DAW, in plug-ins like Sony's Acoustic Mirror, Voxengo Perfectspace, etc.

JMZ93 said:
Hi. Is it possible to get this acoustic IR in .wav form? I'd love to have it available on my DAW, in plug-ins like Sony's Acoustic Mirror, Voxengo Perfectspace, etc.

I'll see if I can find it.

I'd be very interested in having these 2 IRs in wav format as well.

I'm getting very good results using your patch with a Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal. If I were to combine your two IRs into one, that'd free up a second cab block for an AC-3 IR.

Hey guys!! Can one of ya Please help me with this??? I have tried 4 times to download the Ax-FxIR converter and it gets to a blank white window and at the bottom says,,Previous-Next-and Quit. The only 2 buttons that work are the previous and the quit buttons. Clicking on the next button does nothing??? I have tried both versions of the Axe-Fx converter but nothing?? Iam also alittle confused here,, Java says not to the 2048 and to use the 1024 ( the 2 larger files) But?? the 2 larger files are in fact 2048?? Are those the IR,s?? Sorry for sounding so Stupid!! but what can I say other than the fact that alot of this stuff is way over my head!! but Iam wanting to understand it all and learn as much as I can. Would some one please just walk me thru this step by step??? I would be very very greatful!!! Thanks!! By the way I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit wondering if this might be a problem?

Flight316 said:
Hey guys!! Can one of ya Please help me with this??? I have tried 4 times to download the Ax-FxIR converter and it gets to a blank white window and at the bottom says,,Previous-Next-and Quit. The only 2 buttons that work are the previous and the quit buttons. Clicking on the next button does nothing??? I have tried both versions of the Axe-Fx converter but nothing?? Iam also alittle confused here,, Java says not to the 2048 and to use the 1024 ( the 2 larger files) But?? the 2 larger files are in fact 2048?? Are those the IR,s?? Sorry for sounding so Stupid!! but what can I say other than the fact that alot of this stuff is way over my head!! but Iam wanting to understand it all and learn as much as I can. Would some one please just walk me thru this step by step??? I would be very very greatful!!! Thanks!! By the way I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit wondering if this might be a problem?

I was talking about that actual patch for 1024.
You can use the axefx editor to load the ir
Use this for the IR file

Attachments

• acousticir.syx
    7.5 KB · Views: 351
Thanx very much for the fast responce!! Java!! Ok, still pulling out my hair!! Please forgive me for seeming like a brian dead idiot, but man!! I still cant figure this out! So what you gave me here (acousticir.syx) is the IR right? and from the 3rd page of this thread, out of the four files the bottom one (acoustic_sim60_1024.syx) is the patch right? I finally figured out how to use Axe FxIRConverter so :I set my Ultra to a patch that I really dont use and tried to upload the ir to the cab block user channel 10. Will NOT! let me do it says the Java binary busy and has stopped working?? Tried this over and over again. Also how do I upload the patch??(acoustic_sim60_1024.syx)?? If I right click on it to save to desktop or my user preset patches folder it will not let me do so. When I left click it opens a page that looks like to Matrix!! Arabic code whatever. So I have no idea how to even deal with that. Iam used to just finding a user patch, saving it to a folder and then picking a spot in the Ultra and use Bome,s to send it over fast and easy. I have no clue why this is kicking my tail!!! So Iam begging someone have some mercy on me and walk me thru or show me how to do what I dont know how to do. Thanks in advance! guys Iam very sorry!! for being so difficult but out of every patch that I have heard so far THIS! one is the one I MUST have! I pray that God above blesses you Java. I think that you are a very talented guy and to me you are a very valuable artist my friend!! Not to take away from others here by no means! But I really do value your gift!! Thanks!!

Hi Java,

That sounds AMAZING !! Is "324 Amazed" the preset name you gave this patch on axe-Change ? REALLY wanna try this out for the Boston acoustic parts !

Awesome work !! Thanks !!

flyingfadr said:
Hi Java,

That sounds AMAZING !! Is "324 Amazed" the preset name you gave this patch on axe-Change ? REALLY wanna try this out for the Boston acoustic parts !

Awesome work !! Thanks !!

Amazed in my patch but it is not for acoustic. Mine acoustic patch was much more generic. I'll post it again shortly

Flight316 said:
Thanx very much for the fast responce!! Java!! Ok, still pulling out my hair!! Please forgive me for seeming like a brian dead idiot, but man!! I still cant figure this out! So what you gave me here (acousticir.syx) is the IR right? and from the 3rd page of this thread, out of the four files the bottom one (acoustic_sim60_1024.syx) is the patch right? I finally figured out how to use Axe FxIRConverter so :I set my Ultra to a patch that I really dont use and tried to upload the ir to the cab block user channel 10. Will NOT! let me do it says the Java binary busy and has stopped working?? Tried this over and over again. Also how do I upload the patch??(acoustic_sim60_1024.syx)?? If I right click on it to save to desktop or my user preset patches folder it will not let me do so. When I left click it opens a page that looks like to Matrix!! Arabic code whatever. So I have no idea how to even deal with that. Iam used to just finding a user patch, saving it to a folder and then picking a spot in the Ultra and use Bome,s to send it over fast and easy. I have no clue why this is kicking my tail!!! So Iam begging someone have some mercy on me and walk me thru or show me how to do what I dont know how to do. Thanks in advance! guys Iam very sorry!! for being so difficult but out of every patch that I have heard so far THIS! one is the one I MUST have! I pray that God above blesses you Java. I think that you are a very talented guy and to me you are a very valuable artist my friend!! Not to take away from others here by no means! But I really do value your gift!! Thanks!!

acousticir is the IR
Use the Axe-fx editor to load the cab sim. I'll find a post where somebody wrote the exact instructions
You can use the editor to upload the patch.
I'll PM you and we can talk

Attachments

• acoustic_sim60_1024.syx
    2 KB · Views: 231
Yeah, I find a little boxy, but without that, it just doesn't sound like an acoustic to me. If you don't have a real Boss AC-3, you won't be able to achieve the sound. I tried the AC-3 IR, but it didn't sound anywhere near the same.

By the way, after the long gap in the recording, I start playing again except with a chorus... forgot to mention

and "mamabear IRs" ?

Hmm, from what people have said in that thread, those IRs are meant for acoustic guitars.

Do you have a sample I could check out?

yeah, i think you're right. i've ended up using the "acousticir" posted n this thread, mixed with the ir that was posted on the forum a while ago (i've attached it here)

i've got both loaded into a stereo cab, panned hard left and right. needs a good bit of eq'ing, but sounds pretty good

sim

Thanks, but I think an IR would only affect the sound slightly. I'm curious what your EQ sounds like, if you're willing to share it

i've got a notch filter cutting at 150Hz and a graphic eq with 125, 500 and 1K down a bit and 2k, 4k and 8k at +2, +4 and +8

i'm using a strat on position four, so you'll probably need to tweak depending on your guitar

you can also add in the resonator if you like - i've got mine on a very low mix level

sim

Back
Top Bottom