Wish A skin to darken the pop-up windows for Preset/Amp/Cab pickers

Dark Mode ENABLED/DISABLED? I could get behind that if it's not too much work.
Maybe our platform has some simple UI filters. I'll discuss with @Michael Pickens
Here, I've just inverted the colors and rotated the hue 180°

View attachment 86113
I like it.

I agree with @Joe Bfstplk that the numbers are a bit dark.

If these changes move forward, please make sure there are some themes that follow best practices for color-blindness. From years of various programmer’s editors, I’ve found that too many people’s ideas of color schemes totally suck for easy readability.

My MacBook Pro has to have a max brightness on to make up for poor contrast of dark gray on black. So white window popping out is really bright.

Dark Mode ENABLED/DISABLED? I could get behind that if it's not too much work.
Maybe our platform has some simple UI filters. I'll discuss with @Michael Pickens
Here, I've just inverted the colors and rotated the hue 180°

View attachment 86113

Thanks so much for looking into this M@, that looks fantastic! Please implement this option, it would make using Axe Edit so much easier for me and many others with sight issues.

Did this real quick but you get the idea - I think the dark over all menu could use options in color variances - pretty dark now and options would be great as in other programs that have color variations

I’d prefer darker backgrounds in the top pane and lower pane, with much darker outlines around the knobs and switches. If you look at the actual modeler’s front panel it should more closely resemble that color scheme.

Outlines around blocks in the grid help denote enabled/disabled state, along with the squiggle inside the block, they should remain dim when a block is disabled.

It’s a bit too much like the interface for a game console for my taste, or something we used to see on X-window systems. I’d prefer something more subtle, especially if it’s going to be an app running on Mac OS. Apps are supposed to fit into the look of the OS for overall system cohesiveness.

There have been threads in the past about the need to follow best practices for color-blind/color-sensitive users and blindness. I’d like that to be the first step.

I used to be the interface guy for our in-house development team at a certain BIG electronics and semiconductor manufacturing company. I’m partially red/green colorblind so I have a vested interest in the going’s on. And, for any who are curious about the issues, search the internet for “progam interface colorblind” and go from there, and/or check your computer/pad/phone settings for “accessibility”. Also these are useful:

Thanks for input - just thought I throw that out there - no biggie really - I could always change my windows desktop wallpaper with less black in it :)

I tend to use black background to see my desktop folders easier

Thanks for input - just thought I throw that out there - no biggie really - I could always change my windows desktop wallpaper with less black in it :)

I tend to use black background to see my desktop folders easier
It wasn't meant to be a criticism, just suggestions, which is how I looked at your submission. The overall idea of having a "themeable" interface is great; people like their eye-candy, but, dang, I've seen so many for my programming editors that were gaudy and garish and unusable….

In the body of users we've got a bunch of experts who do programming, graphic design, interfaces, etc. for a living, and (maybe even more) who are old-farts (like me) who did do it. Maybe we could have a advisory council to weigh in on the interfaces for the editors and front panel... nah! What'd be the fun in that! :)

There are various threads where we've discussed the colorblindness issues. Fractal has already addressed some of the issues.

Last edited:
It wasn't meant to be a criticism, more like suggestions instead. The overall idea of having a "themeable" interface is great; people like their eye-candy.

In the body of users we've got a bunch of experts who do programming, graphic design, interfaces, etc. for a living, and (maybe even more) who are old-farts (like me) who did do it. Maybe we could have a advisory council to weigh in on the interfaces for the editors and front panel... nah! What'd be the fun in that! :)

These are various threads where we've discussed the colorblindness issues. Fractal has already addressed some of the issues.

Not taken as such as I respect all of your posts Greg and enjoy reading them - so much to learn from you

I'm an / Engineer / designer and also photoshop artist so I like to delve into these things sometimes - you make good points :)

Color blindness must be a pain cant imagine having that

Not taken as such as I respect all of your posts Greg and enjoy reading them - so much to learn from you
Thank you. I try.

I'm an / Engineer / designer and also photoshop artist so I like to delve into these things sometimes - you make good points :)
I figured you were because you cranked that out very quickly. :)

I was asked by Apple to join them a couple times, but always told them no, not because I didn't want to work there, I loved their environment and the challenges, but because they couldn't come close to matching the lifestyle I had here in Phoenix. I had friends working there, in the executive levels, and my home was twice the size that theirs were on a much lower salary. My commute was a lot shorter and less hectic, and my kids were in excellent schools. As much as I'd have loved working there, nuh-uh.

Color blindness must be a pain cant imagine having that
I found out about having it in second grade or so, and felt ashamed, or defective. I don't have it bad, it's a medium level thing, but it's annoying. I used to do landscape and pro-sports photography and learned how to do workarounds with my equipment and process-flow to ensure my colors were spot-on, and had a lot of very happy customers, but never learned to trust my initial judgement on colors. It's especially annoying when we're traveling and someone will say, "Oh LOOK AT THOSE RED FLOWERS!" as we're zooming past, and I can't see them unless I stop and look carefully, because reds don't look different than green to me when I'm in motion. It's just one of my many crosses to bear.

Thank you. I try.

I figured you were because you cranked that out very quickly. :)

I was asked by Apple to join them a couple times, but always told them no, not because I didn't want to work there, I loved their environment and the challenges, but because they couldn't come close to matching the lifestyle I had here in Phoenix. I had friends working there, in the executive levels, and my home was twice the size that theirs were on a much lower salary. My commute was a lot shorter and less hectic, and my kids were in excellent schools. As much as I'd have loved working there, nuh-uh.

I found out about having it in second grade or so, and felt ashamed, or defective. I don't have it bad, it's a medium level thing, but it's annoying. I used to do landscape and pro-sports photography and learned how to do workarounds with my equipment and process-flow to ensure my colors were spot-on, and had a lot of very happy customers, but never learned to trust my initial judgement on colors. It's especially annoying when we're traveling and someone will say, "Oh LOOK AT THOSE RED FLOWERS!" as we're zooming past, and I can't see them unless I stop and look carefully, because reds don't look different than green to me when I'm in motion. It's just one of my many crosses to bear.

I am Packaging Engineer / 3d designer at Gillette Razor Co

No need to feel ashamed and glad you got past it and soldiered on - well done - hang in there Greg sounds like you've overcome the situation

Last edited:
Appears the gui is hard coded as I cant find image files for the gui :( tricky Fractal :) guess no fun for me to play with them

Did this real quick but you get the idea - I think the dark over all menu could use options in color variances - pretty dark now and options would be great as in other programs that have color variations

This looks really cheap imo - the design of axe-edit looks far more premium, Id be pretty pissed off if an update looked like this :eek:

This looks really cheap imo - the design of axe-edit looks far more premium, Id be pretty pissed off if an update looked like this :eek:

I only changed the brightness of original image - nothing special was just trying to quickly make a point - as gui graphics is hard coded you cant do anything to it anyway

Appears the gui is hard coded as I cant find image files for the gui :( tricky Fractal :) guess no fun for me to play with them

You could try Resource Hacker - but I'm not sure how far you'd get!!

Axe Edit looks vector drawn to me, so somewhere there has to be xml or json files that specify colours in an rgba format. You'd think so anyway!

But +1 to dark mode.

Would seem a simple request. How about just not "stark white" #FFFFFF, at least? Off-white? Ivory? The guys who can afford an Axe Fx tend to be a bit older like me(eyes need a break ;)), maybe, but there are a number of us, who are able to afford this great tech. I bought new every model new, since the Ultra. My favorite modeler for sure. FAS is second to none.

Back
Top Bottom