A hilarious badly written song for your mastering input?

shadoe

Experienced
I made this last night in an attempt to practice with source tones/mastering. If you have any input please let me know! Please excuse the amazing leads. ;)

Stuff Used: Axe FX II, Superior Drummer, Expand 2 (for bass), Pro Tools 10 and EZ Mix 2

Hi. Not the kind of music I listen to normally, but if you want some input:

The drums are amazingly compressed and are not in the same "sonic space" as the rest of the instruments.
I'd fix that first as this is so distracting that I could not really listen to anything else.
Also everything seems to be mono. So there's no space created in the track.

My 2 cents for now. :)

Otherwise, fun ditty. As a non-metal guy, I still enjoyed the tune.

Thanks man! I suppose I'll deal with the panning momentarily. I may go re-record the guitars as those are the problem (being in the same space and all). It was a late night, beer fueled song. I'll just have to keep messing with it.

snare sounds like a dead fish being smacked on the concrete... Check out the ezMix stuff, my son has been having a lot of luck mixing with it.

you mastered it without bothering to pan anything? why?

at least pan the rhythm guitars hard left and right

finish it. and then post it again. the feedback you get will be more valuable to you. (i hope you understand why that's true)

All is panned. I may have not exported it right. Ill check it today. I panned the guitars liars left and right also the drums were made in superior and panned appropriately.

Back
Top Bottom