A Difference between 16.05 ...And 17.02 .... An Explanation ???

I've definitely noticed the 'change' but it was from 17.01 to 17.02 for me. Don't get me wrong, I know there hasn't been a change to the modelling from Cliff & Team. But there is a change in my presets' sound that I would describe exactly as you have and demonstrated. It's like a little 'left over' gain/distortion/hair/grit that is just there. The prior tone had some compression that translated to 'feel'. Where this tone is has lost that feel and replaced it with leftover grit. I don't know how else to describe it and it could be that it's unique to both of us. One thing I could do is go back to 17.01, listen and then come back to 17.02, just as a trouble shooting exercise.

And I'm not trying to complain because I can dial it out. I'm only saying that I've noticed this. High Class problem for sure. FWIW I'm not using a compressor block that's active in the chain and it's there in the 3 presets I play with. I'll reply back if I find that the issue goes away after going back to 17.01 and install update again to 17.02. It's definitely not something I'd ask the Fractal team to spend time chasing down.
There were no changes to the modeling. Please stop spreading this nonsense.

Yes, I just measured it and the output of the compressor block is about 2 dB greater in 17.xx. Reduce the level of your compressor block and you'll be back to where you were.
Thanks for checking this out. Is that across al compressor models?

When I take the compressor block out of the chain completely, it solved MY issue. I don't have the block 'on' in the scenes that are dirty. But the 'feel' is back and the 'hair' is gone. YMMV

A bypassed block has no effect on the signal. You are imagining things.
Yes, I just measured it and the output of the compressor block is about 2 dB greater in 17.xx. Reduce the level of your compressor block and you'll be back to where you were.
I apologize in advance for bringing it up again. But reducing the comp block by 2 dB when the block is not engaged or is bypassed solves the issue that I was having. Just as taking the comp block out of the chain did. I understand that a bypassed block should have no effect on the signal. But I do hear the difference and I hear it in two presets. I can't explain why it would have an effect when it's not engaged and this will be my last I post on it. The last thing I want to do is send you down an unnecessary rabbit hole. And I hesitate to post this but I went ahead thinking maybe it could be helpful. Ignore the post if not. I've attached the preset. The comp level was at 17.36 dB. The adjustment to 15.36 dB did the trick. Again, the comp is bypassed (I know, I know.... ).

Attachments

• BB Charvel-Comp-2db.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
I apologize in advance for bringing it up again. But reducing the comp block by 2 dB when the block is not engaged or is bypassed solves the issue that I was having. Just as taking the comp block out of the chain did. I understand that a bypassed block should have no effect on the signal. But I do hear the difference and I hear it in two presets. I can't explain why it would have an effect when it's not engaged and this will be my last I post on it. The last thing I want to do is send you down an unnecessary rabbit hole. And I hesitate to post this but I went ahead thinking maybe it could be helpful. Ignore the post if not. I've attached the preset. The comp level was at 17.36 dB. The adjustment to 15.36 dB did the trick. Again, the comp is bypassed (I know, I know.... ).
It doesn't do anything here. Changing the level while bypassed doesn't do anything here. I even took the level from -20 to 20, no difference.
Now when my bypass mode is set to mute fx out and my mix is less than 100% it does, but that is expected behavior.

Back
Top Bottom