7.18 FIRMWARE NEED HELP WITCH AC30 AND CABS BLOCK SETTINGD

Please help me with the new settings, i don´t know the correct settings for AC30 block and 2x12 British cab.

I need your help-

migueledge said:
Please help me with the new settings, i don´t know the correct settings for AC30 block and 2x12 British cab.

I need your help-

Excuse me but you don´t understand me, I´m talking abaut the new parameters in 7.18 Firmware and how to work it.

migueledge said:
migueledge said:

I need your help-

Excuse me but you don´t understand me, I´m talking abaut the new parameters in 7.18 Firmware and how to work it.

Leave the depth and presence at 0 since it doesn't have either.

I use the AC30 sim quite a lot and I set the bass around 1.5, mids at halfway, treble all the way down and presence all the way up. Master is running around 9 and then set drive to taste. Depth is at 0.

Just use the stock Brit 2x12 cab.

Sounds excellent with the new firmware.

-rob

Shouldn't presence be 12 o'clock if the amp doesn't have it and switched to active ? I'm not sure though how it works when set to passive...probably all the way down.

An AC30 has no power amp feedback so it doesn't have presence or depth controls. It has a "Cut" control which is basically an adjustable snubber on the phase inverter. The Presence control becomes the Cut control. To duplicate the amp you would only adjust the Presence negative but the model lets you boost as well if you adjust Presence positive.

The Depth control won't do anything so it doesn't matter where you set it. If the Damping (Damp) is zero the Depth control is disabled and Damp defaults to zero for that amp model.

VegaBaby said:
Shouldn't presence be 12 o'clock if the amp doesn't have it and switched to active ? I'm not sure though how it works when set to passive...probably all the way
down.

Only the tonestack is active/passive the presence is part of the poweramp simulation. O is no boost or cut.

javajunkie said:
VegaBaby said:
Shouldn't presence be 12 o'clock if the amp doesn't have it and switched to active ? I'm not sure though how it works when set to passive...probably all the way
down.

Only the tonestack is active/passive the presence is part of the poweramp simulation. O is no boost or cut.
Misunderstanding. I didn't mean active/passive TONESTACK, but the active/passive setting for PRESENCE (the recently introduced parameter).

FractalAudio said:
The Presence control becomes the Cut control. To duplicate the amp you would only adjust the Presence negative but the model lets you boost as well if you adjust Presence positive.
Does that apply no matter if Presence is set to active or passive ?

VegaBaby said:
FractalAudio said:
The Presence control becomes the Cut control. To duplicate the amp you would only adjust the Presence negative but the model lets you boost as well if you adjust Presence positive.

Yes.

VegaBaby said:
javajunkie said:
VegaBaby said:
down.

Misunderstanding. I didn't mean active/passive TONESTACK, but the active/passive setting for PRESENCE (the recently introduced parameter).

oops :oops: :lol:

FractalAudio said:
VegaBaby said:
FractalAudio said:

Yes.
Right :? ...so what exactly is going to be the sound difference when switching between passive and active presence or is it simply a difference in how presence reacts ? Sorry, a bit confused...

So if an amp has NO presence and if presence is set to active, the 12 o'clock means 'off', right ? If it's set to passive, does it still mean 'off' on amp models which don't have presence ?

migueledge said:
Dutch said:
migueledge said:
we are numb abaut the new parameters
As long as you stay comfortable.

Yes it´s a "confortable numb"

"confortable" :lol: "abaut" :lol:

Sorry if I'm laughing, this just reminded me of Inspector Clouseau in Pink Panther, hope you are not dyslectic and that I'm offending you in some way. If so my apologies.

But still I can't help myself :lol:

Rock on dude :D

Ikarus said:
"confortable" :lol: "abaut" :lol:

Sorry if I'm laughing, this just reminded me of Inspector Clouseau in Pink Panther, hope you are not dyslectic and that I'm offending you in some way. If so my apologies.

But still I can't help myself :lol:

Rock on dude :D

I´m spanish and my english is poor. By other way, can anyone help us with the new settings for AC30??

Back
Top Bottom