There are tons of movies that are favorites. The first two that came to mind would be Braveheart and Rounders. As I type this I would also throw in My Cousin Vinny and Get Shorty. And Get Shorty is an odd one for me becasue when I first saw it didn't like it. Then I saw it several years later and there was something about the pace of the dialog throughout the whole movie that I tapped into and have loved it ever since. I can, and have, watched those movies over and over again and never get tired of them.

Edit: #5 would be Wedding Crashers

Last edited:
The Elephant Man
The Red Violin
Apollo 13
Airplane
A Hard Day's Night
Superbad
Love Actually and Overboard (guilty pleasures)

So many others.

The Matrix
Predator
The Fifith Element
The Unforgiven
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Kung Fu Hustle
The Hangover
Freeway

In no particular order:

Once Upon a Time in the West
Die Hard
Robocop
Aliens
The Road Warrior

And I've just realized that I hit a state of arrested development in relation to my film tastes when I was 11.

I can't name top 5 movies as I can hardly rank them, and I'd have to name at least a dozen more to cover the most important ones, but anyway...

- Blade Runner
- The Graduate
- Heat
- Hana-Bi
- Léon: The Professionel

-Bill & Ted’s excellent adventure
-Lord of the rings trilogy
-American Beauty
-Bad Santa
-Das Weiße Band (the white ribbon)

in no particular order:

Blackhawk Down
Forrest Gump
Breaking Bad (the TV series)
Sixth Sense
Titanic

Worst movie ever:
Don Knotts in "How to frame a Figg"
it was so bad it gave me a headache to keep watching it to the end.
Oh, and the soundtrack; 90 minutes of Vic Mizzy

A couple of respectable titles that come to mind:

The Usual Suspects
The Game

Then it goes straight to stupid:

KingPin (I frickin love this movie so much)
Just about anything with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly
The Hangover
Almost everything that Steve Carrell has been in.

Really anything based on characters with absolutely no redeeming qualities being completely stupid. I have no idea what that says about me as a person.

In no particular order:

John Carpenter's The Thing

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Snatch

Saving Private Ryan

El Orphanato

Other mentions can go to Daybreakers, Jurassic Park, Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds, the Austin Powers stuff, It, and Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz because I like giant robot fights in space.

OK I have way to many movies to list only five so I will further define it by decade...

1960's- One Million Years BC... Raquel Welch is still friggen hot even for a septuagenarian.

1970's is a tossup between Jaws and Star Wars.

1980's is even harder as there were a lot of good movies that happened in this decade I could easily list five just in this decade alone Click here to see the top 100 But I would have to go with Raiders of the lost ark.

1990's Dazed and confused... only because some of the hazing practices were still happening at the High School I attended and I loved the sound track.

2000's Avatar 3D... This movie reminded me of how impact full Star Wars was back in the 70's

In no order:

Being There
Shawshank
Godfather 1&2
Scarface
Untouchables
Boys From Brazil
Goodfellas
Original Planet Of The Apes
Ben Hur
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Magnum Force & Dirty Harry
Play Misty For Me
Silence Of The Lambs
1st Matrix
Training Day
Heat
Airplane
Omen

Sammetal91 said:
In no particular order:

John Carpenter's The Thing

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Snatch

Saving Private Ryan

El Orphanato

Other mentions can go to Daybreakers, Jurassic Park, Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds, the Austin Powers stuff, It, and Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz because I like giant robot fights in space.

Holy shit. Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. You get so many points for that.

The thing
One flew over the cuckoo
Cool hand luke
Night and the city
The hustler

I could list about 50 and the 50 more lol

I have to add the Batman - Dark Knight Trilogy. I think the three as a piece are an amazing bit of film making. Christopher Nolan is brilliant. I saw Rises yesterday and saw, for only the second time, Batman Begins this evening. Next I'll repeat The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger. I was surprised how much of the story and characters are interwoven between the three movies.

The Dark Knight trilogy is great, but Nolan's other films (Memento, Prestige, etc) are just as good, if not better. But of course there's something to be said for the coolness of the source material.

Back
Top Bottom