Snatch

although I'm not sure if this is actually a movie
or a documentary about where I grew up

Actually Laughed :)

In no particular order:
Snatch
Fight Club
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Fargo (anything from Cohen family rules)
Pulp Fiction

I'll take your word for it :)

I was over in Dallas a few years back and a pile of us decided to have a boys night in..
well... at least start out that way... lol..

a Snatch DVD and a few crates of beer
all the other guys were American [mostly Texan] and a few Canadians..

they kept stopping the movie and getting me to translate all the slang...

it took over 3 hours to watch the movie...

after, we went out to a bar
it was absolutely hilarious listening to these guys trying to use all the slang [like SE London gangsters]
on each other, the bar staff, other guys we met up with there.. just about everyone.. lol..
an absolutely unforgettable night...

The Matrix (1st one only as well!)
Gladiator
The Dark Knight (2nd one by Christopher Nolan)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Pink Floyd: Live in Pompei

I'll take your word for it :)

have you ever seen the movie Harry Brown???

that was shot where I grew up...
the mood is spot on...
that's exactly what that place is like...
it's not a fun place..

now though I live somewhere much much nicer which is nice and far from there with forests and lakes and countryside and stuff...

Not in any particular order. All Great!

1: JFK
2: Good Will Hunting
3: Unforgiven
4: Rocky
5: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Comedy
1: Joe Dirt (Joe Dirt'e)
2: Caddyshack
3: Napolean Dynamite
4: Blues Brothers
5: Happy Gilmore

Read all of the posts and I don't think my #1 of all time made it in any of the lists.

Drum roll...........

Contact

Kick ass flick. Love the repeat value.

1) Ishtar(rated worst movie of all time...but my late father loved it and to hear him laugh at it was priceless! Actually a pretty funny movie really)
2) Pure Country
3) Step Brothers
4) Where the Heart Is(girlie? yes...great story and acting? yes
5) The Saint

Based on this thread i created a *.xls with the movies I haven't seen (79!) with IMDB links and rating.
The highest score went to Schindler's List (yes I know) and the Anime Monster.

Since I love anime and haven't seen one in a while I jumped to Monster.
Man really?!
Fillers in a 74 episode Anime? So many unanswered stuff. Reminded me of Lost. It's easy to add weird and cool stuff if you don't have to explain it later right?
Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Full Metal Alchemist or even Naruto :D

Based on this thread i created a *.xls with the movies I haven't seen (79!) with IMDB links and rating.
The highest score went to Schindler's List (yes I know) and the Anime Monster.

Since I love anime and haven't seen one in a while I jumped to Monster.
Man really?!
Fillers in a 74 episode Anime? So many unanswered stuff. Reminded me of Lost. It's easy to add weird and cool stuff if you don't have to explain it later right?

Monster made perfect sense to me. I can't recall anything in it that couldn't be explained, although its true that the story is complex. I didn't realise it was rated so high on IMDB, but I am not surprised. It is without a doubt the most masterfully written lengthy TV series I have ever seen. Naoki Urasawa is a genius.

Can't believe I missed this thread when it was new... ;)

1. Forrest Gump
2. The Sand Lot
3. Gladiator
4. Stand By Me
5. Shawshank Redemption

1) Ishtar(rated worst movie of all time...

Nah, Ishtar might be regarded as a bit mediocre but it's nowhere near the worst movie of all time.

While there are any number of really bad zero-budget films ("The Room" is a personal fave), for "big budget, big star" shockers try Battlefield Earth or Gigli. (Battlefield Earth actually won the 2005 Golden Raspberry for "The worst film of the last 25 years". I've always suspected Gigli was financed by the "sexual abstinence" crowd, as the sex scenes in it are so awful they will make you go "ugh, I'm never doing that again")

Back
Top Bottom