50 delay blocks and 15 presets available! (v19)

the presets won't work on the fx8. only the blocks. you need to put them into your blocks library, that you access using the fx8 editor. instructions are included in the zip file. download link for the blocks in the original post

the presets won't work on the fx8. only the blocks. you need to put them into your blocks library, that you access using the fx8 editor. instructions are included in the zip file. download link for the blocks in the original post

Is there a way to make a preset without amp, cab, ir etc.. Blocks that would work on the fx8?

Is there a way to make a preset without amp, cab, ir etc.. Blocks that would work on the fx8?
Yup. Just don't put in an amp or a cab when you build your preset. :)

If you're asking him to build such a preset for you, it wouldn't do you any good. It would still be an Axe-Fx preset, not an Fx8 preset.

Thanks Simeon. Used a bunch of these blocks in FX-8 this afternoon and they are awesome. I really like the Binson block. Great stuff man.

Donation coming your way.

Hi Chris,

IMO, Delay/Reverb are such a huge part of a good pro sounding sound, I really wish there was more info/tutorials on how to dial it in.

Would donate again... :)

Thanks so much for sharing, Simeon. I think I donated already, but after revisiting, I was compelled to donate again. Appreciate

Suggestions/help please? IIXL, MKIII, Mac 10.x. Dragged blocks to correct folders, will show if I choose Folder View in Axe Edit block +, but they will not work. Oh and Q1. Thanks in advance -- appreciate!

i'm still on v20, so i can't test this.

can someone on quantum confirm that these still work?

btw - did you restart axe edit after copying the blocks over?

do old blocks that you saved yourself still work?

can you save a new block from a layout and then recall it?

did you try to refresh block definitions?

Suggestions/help please? IIXL, MKIII, Mac 10.x. Dragged blocks to correct folders, will show if I choose Folder View in Axe Edit block +, but they will not work. Oh and Q1. Thanks in advance -- appreciate!

I am on Quantum 1.01 and a Mac and can confirm that these work.

I had the same struggle at first, but it was only because I hadn't restarted axe edit. If you have axe edit open when you drop the files in you have to restart it in order for them to be recognized. Hope you get them working soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They work fine. Make sure they're in the correct block sub-folder. If you can't find a sub-folder, it might not be there if you haven't ever created and saved a block independent of a preset. If you do a little grinding and save one of each type of block, a subfolder will be generated. You can then drag and drop the blocks from the download folder to the appropriate block subfolder for that type. Remember if you inadvertently put a reverb block file into the pitch block subfolder, it won't be recognized. Doesn't really matter what FW. This is dependent on Axe-Edit, and in a Mac if you don't have Axe-Edit installed in the default location and that the folder system it creates is in the standard places in the User folder or you're gonna have a bad time.

OK -- sounds very hopeful and even likely! Thanks for quick replies. Always appreciate. Unfortunately, I won't be able to confirm until Sunday night. :-\ It's OK though -- just going to the beach for a few days carrying a Strat and a Yamaha THR10. Soon, I'll have a small rack box to tote the Axe instead! :)

"This is dependent on Axe-Edit, and in a Mac if you don't have Axe-Edit installed in the default location and that the folder system it creates is in the standard places in the User folder or you're gonna have a bad time."

USMC_Trev -- I think I let Axe -Edit install where it wanted to -- that would be the default location, correct? Otherwise, do you know how I could tell?

Semper Fi

I loaded several delay blocks and tried a few pitch blocks with my FX8. Testing against true bypass, each of these blocks was noticeably lower volume than unity gain. I adjusted a few I want to load and in the mixer I turned them up from 0 to plus 3 and 3.5 to achieve unity.

On my 12 string simulator preset, I copied the factory preset and it was set at minus 3.5 for unity gain. I subbed yours and had to turn it up to 3.5 to achieve unity gain.

Not a difficult change to make, but curious if there's a reason for this? I've touched on a few very cool things already.

Every time you raise the mix level on a block, you're lowering the dry level. If ut bothers you, run the block in parallel with mix set to 100% and control the effect with input gain or block level

Every time you raise the mix level on a block, you're lowering the dry level. If ut bothers you, run the block in parallel with mix set to 100% and control the effect with input gain or block level

Ah, so I turned the wrong knob. It wasnt very obvious which to turn on the blocks.

The main block folder should be in Users > (Name) > Fractal Audio > Axe-Edit > blocks in a Mac.

S/F

Trev

Thanks, Trev. They are in the right place and work. However, the Andy Timmons one seems to have about a second of latency. Which folder does that one belong in? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom