50 delay blocks and 15 presets available! (v19)

Thanks, Trev. They are in the right place and work. However, the Andy Timmons one seems to have about a second of latency. Which folder does that one belong in? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In order for Axe-Edit to find it, it's gotta be in the folder designated for the type of block. The latency is a separate issue, and one I'm not qualified to comment on.

Note: I don't know from FX-8. I'm speaking strictly from an Axe-FX II Mk.II/Axe-Edit standpoint. I'm making some rather bold assumptions about FX-8 Edit based on my understanding of how software gets developed (capitalizing on code already written to the greatest extent possible).

check the mix level in the block. it's probably been designed to work in parallel with the main line, because the delay level is controlled by the input level parameter

depends what you want to do with it. andy timmons uses an expression pedal to control the level of his delays and this block was set up to do the same. so you tie your expression pedal to input gain and have the delay block in parallel with mix set to 100% (so no dry signal passes through). if you're going to be messing with the delay level, it's a good idea not to change the "mix" parameter, because that will also change your dry level. always use input gain. whether you choose to put the delay in series or in parallel is up to you, but understand the difference and also pay attention to the "mute mode", because setting it to "thru" while in parallel will increase your dry level by 6db when bypassed. check the manual for the different options and what they do.

Thanks Simeon. Used a bunch of these blocks in FX-8 this afternoon and they are awesome. I really like the Binson block. Great stuff man.

Donation coming your way.

How were you able to transfer these blocks to the FX8? I keep getting an error message when importing, saying it's only for AXE FX II

Simeon, when I load a preset, I don't notice that it has loaded any of the blocks. Is that because the delay settings are already reflected in the preset? And the block serves more as a "template" for those settings?

so as promised i made some delay blocks and a few presets. all made on the axe fx II with firmware 18.12 (edit: updated to v19).

presets and blocks should work on the II and the XL

go here to download and please leave a donation if you want to

Blocks

instructions are in the readme if you've never used blocks before

all these blocks and presets are designed for stereo. if you're running mono, you'll need to pan all the delay repeats to the centre (if possible)

here are short examples of three of the 15 presets included...

Far Horizons

Big Pad Generator

Ambient Octaves

and here's a list of all the blocks (they use the delay, multi-delay and the megatap delay)

2290 Chorus
Ambient Stereo
Chorus and Delay
Crusty Ping Pong
Degraded Ping Pong
DM Delay
Dot8 2290
Dual 8.4
Dual Vintage FB M@
Echorec
Galloping 8ths
Hendrix Reverse
Icy Delay to Reverb
Lush Digital
Panning Sweep
Ping Pong Tape
Stereo Slap
Stereo Tape
Stereo Vintage
Sweep Delay
Tel Ray
Tube Tape
Two Head Tape
Wide Tape Feedbacker
Bouncing Ball
Circular Random_
Megatap Pan
Random Strum
Ambient Plex
Ambient Quad Tape
Ambient Tape Reverb
Circular
Deep Ambience
Ducking Plex
Fibonacci Delay
MD Chorus
Mono Diffusion
Multi Head Tape 2
Multi Head Tape
Ping Pong Shuffle
Plex Crystals
Random Plex
Rev Oct Plex
Reverse Ping Pong
Reverse Plex
Rhythmic Bands
Rhythmic Tape
Series Rhythm
Slow Pan Delay
Whole Tone Fantasy

Does anyone know if these blocks would be able to be loaded on the forthcoming AX8?

Thanks!:cool:
AFAWK, Yes. As far as blocks are available, all blocks should be loadable across all units. Presets not so.

Their supposed to sound the same, so I venture to guess the algorythms are the same too.

Hello Simeon ,
you will be upgraded to Q 2.0
your effect blocks, can be compatible with quantum 2.0 :)
Thank you ;)

Last edited:
Google translate is terrible from Italian to English (I know, spx90 send me a lot of messages), but I guess that what spx90 mean is "Simeon, will you update your block settings to Quantum 2.0" and the answer is "not necessary, these aren't amp blocks". OR, maybe he wants to know if Simeon updated to Quantum 2.0, and then the answer is "it's not relevant"
Paulo, did you try Reverso instead of Google Translate ? It's much better

Google translate is terrible from Italian to English (I know, spx90 send me a lot of messages), but I guess that what spx90 mean is "Simeon, will you update your block settings to Quantum 2.0" and the answer is "not necessary, these aren't amp blocks". OR, maybe he wants to know if Simeon updated to Quantum 2.0, and then the answer is "it's not relevant"
Paulo, did you try Reverso instead of Google Translate ? It's much better
Thanks Fremen. :)
I'm sorry, ARGH !!!
I know sometimes it's ridiculous,o_O hahaha
Please be patient :oops:
Interesting answer Fremen :cool:

But I try the same in communicating :D

Last edited:
Hi simeon,

I just downloaded (thank you very much!) and I noticed that in the Delay_Blocks\Blocks folder there is a folder named Mulri-Delay. I'm guessing this should be Multi-Delay. Not sure if it affects the usability, but I thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for your kindness in sharing these. :)

I have only listened to two of the patches so far but wanted to say thank you for your time and work. I appreciate anything that helps to expand the usage of the axe fx and the growth of it's users community. you have my donation. Sounds great so far. Thank you.

so as promised i made some delay blocks and a few presets. all made on the axe fx II with firmware 18.12 (edit: updated to v19).

presets and blocks should work on the II and the XL

go here to download and please leave a donation if you want to

Donated! Many thanks Simeon! :cool: Fantastic sounds! I will be trying to adapt your patches and import your blocks for use in my AX8.

Thanks for the blocks (ax8) sound fantastic. Donated.

Greetings,

I just tried to upload the blocks onto my ax8 with ax8 edit and using a Mac and it says there's no app available to open the file. So I tried opening it using ax8 edit and it said a current version is already open and it cannot open the file.

How did you get the block files to convert over to your ax8? thanks

Back
Top Bottom