5 Minute Tones - FM3

Axe-Master
Hey all,
Now that I have ample time to delve into the FM3 I'll be making a series of 5 Minute Tones videos geared towards it. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of you for which the FM3 is their first Fractal product, so I will keep this thread seperate from the ongoing Axe-Fx III 5 Minute tones thread. Some of the material has already been covered in previous videos, however I want to focus on the FM3 specific functionality and form factor as well as the tones themselves.

Anyway, to get the ball rolling here's the trusty 4 block Wah/USA C++/Cab/Multidelay combo I always rave about in all it's glory!

Nicely done!

Just a suggestion. If this is aimed at new Fractal Users you might want to consider using a factory cab. Talk about option paralysis for new users... Looking at the list of cabs can be overwhelming! Guiding them to a factory cab that you think works well with the amp type and tones you are dialing-in would probably be very helpful for new users.

Nicely done!

Just a suggestion. If this is aimed at new Fractal Users you might want to consider using a factory cab. Talk about option paralysis for new users... Looking at the list of cabs can be overwhelming! Guiding them to a factory cab that you think works well with the amp type and tones you are dialing-in would probably be very helpful for new users.

Great suggestion. So many fantastic sounding user cabs and so many great "authentic" cabs to match the amp models.

Nicely done!

I would say factory
York recto 412 57 and 121 sounded great together

Awesome Leon !!
A Blues rig would be great Clean / Break up and lead scenes :)

Possible to post the preset in the FM3 sub forum here ?
Cheers !

Great suggestion. So many fantastic sounding user cabs and so many great "authentic" cabs to match the amp models.
Good point. There’s always gonna be newbs like I was in 2012. When I got my II Mk.2 I had no clue what an IR was and what a dramatic effect it could have on the sound.

Always a pleasure to watch your approach and willingness to share...come back and slum with us AX8 users sometime!

Love the diffusion thingie on the delay!

A little dab'll do ya (4-7%) for most of my stuff, as I am usually after just a slight softening of the distinctness of the repeats, in combination with usually a 6k rolloff or so.

Hi Leon,
I am tryinfg to emulate this ...but my tone is "tinny" Could you please post the patch, fo reference ?
Also, I could not find that IR....is that available? I could not see it on Exchange.

Also Leon, for the dotted Delay in the Lead patch, which i really dig :) .....if you wanted to fade then in with a EXP pedal....where would you attache in the the Multidelay block...input gain ?
thanks man !

Last edited:
Looks awesome and I love the idea of a simpler rig where you combine things like delay, reverb, chorus in a single patch.

Looking forward to trying out an FM3 at some point...I got my invite yesterday but waiting for headphones.

And of course I packed up my Axe 3 to put into storage as I am moving, so I can't play for a couple months...ugh.

Hi Leon,
I am tryinfg to emulate this ...but my tone is "tinny" Could you please post the patch, fo reference ?
Also, I could not find that IR....is that available? I could not see it on Exchange.

Also Leon, for the dotted Delay in the Lead patch, which i really dig :) .....if you wanted to fade then in with a EXP pedal....where would you attache in the the Multidelay block...input gain ?
thanks man !

Here's the IR. I'll post the preset once I get done with a few other things I'm working on tonight.

Attachments

• LT BRIT412 V30 Mix.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom