5 Minute Tones - FM3

If your computer has a day/night setting, when the clock hits your "daytime" time, everything will brighten up.
Doubt it's that. That last change happened at 9:45 am my time, and the darkness seems to only affect video, but other stuff.

Hey Leon, you likely know all this already, but here are two proven ways to balance a Strat's neck and bridge pups...

a) Dedicate one of the tone controls to the bridge pup, and roll off the top as needed. Great though you lose some bridge pup output when you roll the top off etc.

b) Add a active onboard EQ (you can compensate for any pup level loss).

My Strats with stacked HB's have active tone controls with a center detent, so the knob adds highs one way off-center, subtracts them the other way, though there are a lot of options available. It's kind of needed with stacked HB's as the combined positions are much darker due to the higher impedances vs single coils.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey all,
Now that I have ample time to delve into the FM3 I'll be making a series of 5 Minute Tones videos geared towards it. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of you for which the FM3 is their first Fractal product, so I will keep this thread seperate from the ongoing Axe-Fx III 5 Minute tones thread. Some of the material has already been covered in previous videos, however I want to focus on the FM3 specific functionality and form factor as well as the tones themselves.

Anyway, to get the ball rolling here's the trusty 4 block Wah/USA C++/Cab/Multidelay combo I always rave about in all it's glory!

Very cool.

Back
Top Bottom