🆕 Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets "Enhanced" - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man thanks for the meditation workshop preset. I'm gonna remember that next time I'm stressed out. Its like a shortcut to Nirvana.

In the summer of 2019, Dweezil spent a week at my house. To say we went down the rabbit hole of the intricacies of fuzz would be an understatement. We had about 15 different pedals under the microscope. The result was a block library from fuzz paradise. You are now reaping the rewards.
right on. there are some really great fuzz presets in this lineup. inspiring. easily the best digital version of fuzz by a long shot. really did a nice job there -cudos.

there are some really great fuzz presets in this lineup.
The first thing to note is that the drive pedal simulations have advanced to an incredible level. It isn't just that the presets are dialed in, but that the drive models inherently sound great.

In terms of dialing in, I learned to really listen to the tonal effect of the various fuzz options and to apply them in the same way you'd use, say, a Tube Screamer with the drive turned down. My typical instincts would have said that fuzz meant heavier fuzz but the fuzz pedal emulations work great when you dial it down too, adjusting level or tone to sweeten the signal to an amp.

Also, Scene 4 in preset 80 :)

It may have been raised several times as an issue.
But I can't find a concrete solution to the problem.
A lot of deep!
Shown in the pictures!

I cut both the deep and the high.
Even so, a lot of deep!
What can I do?
What an experience users have.
I tried the latest Cygnus "A" presets!
They sound very nice.
In almost everything, a lot of deep!
I mainly prefer Fender.
Fender Strat, Texas Special pickup.
Dynaudio Lyd 48 monitor.
I started using the Power Amp Modeling On state yesterday.

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2021-06-09 - 14.58.31.png
    Képernyőfotó 2021-06-09 - 14.58.31.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Képernyőfotó 2021-06-09 - 15.00.13.png
    Képernyőfotó 2021-06-09 - 15.00.13.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Képernyőfotó 2021-06-09 - 15.00.58.png
    Képernyőfotó 2021-06-09 - 15.00.58.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 18
It may have been raised several times as an issue.
But I can't find a concrete solution to the problem.
A lot of deep!
Shown in the pictures!

I cut both the deep and the high.
Even so, a lot of deep!
What can I do?
What an experience users have.
I tried the latest Cygnus "A" presets!
They sound very nice.
In almost everything, a lot of deep!
I mainly prefer Fender.
Fender Strat, Texas Special pickup.
Dynaudio Lyd 48 monitor.
I started using the Power Amp Modeling On state yesterday.
Hi Jozsef.

The first picture is a Global Equalizer. Normally the equalization is applied to individual presets, to fine tune-them when required, and the Global Equalizer is used only to correct issues at the venue where you are playing, or particular issues with your speakers.

What speakers are you using?
Does your room has some issues that may require acoustic treatment?

FEEDBACKER PEDAL:

There's a burst of noise and feedback when loading this preset, understandably because of its nature, but it can still surprise people.

Last edited:
A lot of deep

First, be sure your monitor system is calibrated.

Then, if you want less low end, here are some easy ideas that don't require you to adjust a global EQ or add extra blocks:
  1. Lower the Bass control if the amp has one.
  2. Lower the Depth control if the amp has one.
  3. Engage the CUT switch in the amp block.
  4. Increase the Low Cut frequency in the amp's preamp section
  5. Increase the Low Cut frequency in the amp's PRE-EQ section
  6. Use the amp block's built-in POST EQ
  7. Increase the low cut frequency for an individual IR.
  8. Increase the global low cut frequency in the Cab block preamp.
  9. Make adjustments to the Speaker page of the amp block.
  10. Try a different IR.

First, be sure your monitor system is calibrated.

Then, if you want less low end, here are some easy ideas that don't require you to adjust a global EQ or add extra blocks:
  1. Lower the Bass control if the amp has one.
  2. Lower the Depth control if the amp has one.
  3. Engage the CUT switch in the amp block.
  4. Increase the Low Cut frequency in the amp's preamp section
  5. Increase the Low Cut frequency in the amp's PRE-EQ section
  6. Use the amp block's built-in POST EQ
  7. Increase the low cut frequency for an individual IR.
  8. Increase the global low cut frequency in the Cab block preamp.
  9. Make adjustments to the Speaker page of the amp block.
  10. Try a different IR.
Thank you very much for your help!
I started playing guitar again!
And see a miracle!
Now I didn't feel what I had during the morning!
My ear was not reconciled to me !?
Cheated!
I just heard that! - that everything sounds beautiful!
Sorry to cause trouble!
Thanks again for your helpful intention!

Hi Jozsef.

The first picture is a Global Equalizer. Normally the equalization is applied to individual presets, to fine tune-them when required, and the Global Equalizer is used only to correct issues at the venue where you are playing, or particular issues with your speakers.

What speakers are you using?
Does your room has some issues that may require acoustic treatment?
Thank you very much for your help!
I started playing guitar again!
And see a miracle!
Now I didn't feel what I had during the morning!
My ear was not reconciled to me !?
Cheated!
I just heard that! - that everything sounds beautiful!
Sorry to cause trouble!
Thanks again for your helpful intention!

In the summer of 2019, Dweezil spent a week at my house. To say we went down the rabbit hole of the intricacies of fuzz would be an understatement. We had about 15 different pedals under the microscope. The result was a block library from fuzz paradise. You are now reaping the rewards.

Just last night, I helped a good friend install an excellent new KEF wireless stereo system. Among other things, he is a fan of Beefheart and early Zappa. He complained about some of the content in Joe’s Garage, which he had only heard the beginning of, and just once.

I asked if he had heard Watermelon in Easter Hay. He had not.

I had the pleasure of turning him on to one of Frank’s greatest solos. After I got home, I saw this quote from a post from earlier in the day, and forwarded it to him. I, of course, had been singing Fractal’s praises to him for years. He said “I think I’m starting to get what you’ve been talking about.”

Last edited:
The first thing to note is that the drive pedal simulations have advanced to an incredible level. It isn't just that the presets are dialed in, but that the drive models inherently sound great.

In terms of dialing in, I learned to really listen to the tonal effect of the various fuzz options and to apply them in the same way you'd use, say, a Tube Screamer with the drive turned down. My typical instincts would have said that fuzz meant heavier fuzz but the fuzz pedal emulations work great when you dial it down too, adjusting level or tone to sweeten the signal to an amp.

thats is actually very much how I use them in real life. My fav 'fuzz' (not a fuzz at all) is the rangemaster. I just love the attack from germanium... and if you take a hotter ge tranny and use it for a rm, then lower the freq shelf a bit... just doesn't get any better than that for me. find myself doing that in the axe on many of my own presets as I'm going through them. I think you guys perhaps modeled a si one? the clipping is set to si anyway... sounds pretty solid at si but often change to ge and just love it. love a fuzz face too but could do without the second stage alltogether. more gain than I ever wanted even on the milder versions of it. in the axe... it has a really great range.

I will check out preset 80 asap. sadly, just as I was getting into these presets... I cut my index left really bad on monday... gonna have to give it 2 or 3 weeks b4 I can bend it again, but really looking fwd to playing with this and specifically your fuzz presets some more!
don't mean to gush... but I am your biggest fan. your presets are always among my top favs. don't ever change!

Question: does color coding for presets get erased when you install preset banks over the existing presets?

I spent a lot of time categorizing the factory presets (man, I could have really used more colors!!) and I am hoping to not lose it...

Dude! That Scene 4 Revolution Fuzz is amazing!!!!!! Neck pickup on my strat just kills it!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Question: does color coding for presets get erased when you install preset banks over the existing presets?
I spent a lot of time categorizing the factory presets (man, I could have really used more colors!!) and I am hoping to not lose it...
It depends. In the Axe-Edit version that you're using, color-coding is based on names. If the name changes (many have) then the color will be lost.
Best to screen-capture and plan to re-create your markings. That won't take TOO long and is offset by the many sound improvements you will pick up. Do, however, recognize that a final "enhanced" version of Bank A could still be weeks away.

In an infinite universe, we'd create a local preset manager with a database, tagging, categorization, etc. Many other fish await frying, however.

It depends. In the Axe-Edit version that you're using, color-coding is based on names. If the name changes (many have) then the color will be lost.
Best to screen-capture and plan to re-create your markings. That won't take TOO long and is offset by the many sound improvements you will pick up. Do, however, recognize that a final "enhanced" version of Bank A could still be weeks away.

In an infinite universe, we'd create a local preset manager with a database, tagging, categorization, etc. Many other fish await frying, however.

Thanks Matt.
Have there been name changes since the first release of banks A/B/C for Cygnus? That's when I did my color coding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom